UK-US travel, 2021/2022

I would have thought that those dates are just referring to the 'offers'/prices quoted as opposed to their not being flights on other dates?

No, it says "Dublin Orlando route restarts from 27 December 2021" Doesn't sound like it is referring to dates of an offer.

Re Christmas Day in MK - does anyone know if places do 'Christmas Dinner'? We're planning to be in Be Our Guest but feel free to throw suggestions of other options if they do a Christmas Dinner!! 😋
Same dilemma we are hoping for BOG on Xmas Day but not sure what other options we have. I know Liberty Tree is traditional roast Turkey etc. All year round so cant see it being different on Xmas Day.

When we went at Christmas, we went to Crystal Palace because the b buffet there allows you to create a traditional roast dinner

Re Christmas Day in MK - does anyone know if places do 'Christmas Dinner'? We're planning to be in Be Our Guest but feel free to throw suggestions of other options if they do a Christmas Dinner!! 😋

Liberty Tree Tavern is the nearest you would probably get to Christmas dinner. Food is nice enough.
Resort restaurant wise, Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL is very nice, and offers turkey in the AYCTE skillet.

Anyone planning to eat in the parks on the really busy days - 23rd ish onwards, I would recommend booking dining reservations. The lines for the counter service restaurants can be very long. Although I guess mobile order may help now.
Also plan your restroom breaks, especially if you have little ones! The lines in ladies can be long!

Ive been checking out some things on the airline websites. You know the way we have to give the airlines Advanced Passenger Information, well now we also have to do a Covid attestation form. This is a form that you fill in once you have received your negative Covid test result. You have to have a negative Covid test result within 3 days of your flight, so this form needs to be filled in the day before or the day of the flight, before you go to the airport. Depending on the airline and route, it can either be done through the airlines website or you print it out and show it at check in at the airport.

You need to find the information and form on the website of the airline you are booked on.

You need to find the information and form on the website of the airline you are booked on.
The BA website has a referral link to 'Sherpa' which has a helpful guide to point you at what may be needed: Find latest travel and health restrictions for your trip.
Note that it defaults to 'Not fully vaccinated', even if you use the back button to change a date or something.
Don't rely entirely on it either as it's not perfect (for my Canaries trip it is throwing up a couple of forms I don't think are actually needed) but it might flag up something you didn't know you did need, so is worth a look.

I've just been reading on the Dibb that some people due to fly with Virgin in Nov or Dec from LHR are having their flights changed to an earlier flight. They are obviously consolidating flights. Some people have had seats moved, so might be worth checking as some haven't received emails as yet.

I've just been reading on the Dibb that some people due to fly with Virgin in Nov or Dec from LHR are having their flights changed to an earlier flight. They are obviously consolidating flights. Some people have had seats moved, so might be worth checking as some haven't received emails as yet.

Yep I'm one of those on Virgin. Was already on the earlier flight going out to Florida but annoyed to be losing 2.5 hours on my last day. I paid for economy delight but it appears the new plane doesn't have the delight seats when you look at it from a fresh booking. When I'm in my booking the new details haven't been pushed through yet so there's no way for me to check was seat I've been reassigned to. :headache:

We are already booked on the VS91, which is the earlier flight. We are flying out Sunday 19th and I've read the Sunday flights they will be using the A330 - 200, so not expecting any changes on the way out at least.
I will miss the good old 747 and sitting up in the bubble though!

Our BA flights in December were also moved forward by about an hour. I think the change happened in July.

We don't even have an actual 'opening' date from the US govt yet, so I think you should consider ALL dates and times subject to alteration. There will be a lot of shuffling around as people book trips over the next weeks and flights and aircraft types may get changed to meet the new demands.
The airlines need the money and will likely bend over to accept new bookings by adjusting existing ones ... but not enough to constitute cancellation. They are professional gamers (and that's not a criticism - it's the reason flights are so cheap).

My flight on the 5th November was cancelled this morning. Found out when I went to move my trip to January so I don't know if the airlines have had a heads up that the border won't be open by then.

eta: The flight is still showing up online however but was still good news for me as all flight changes, including to a more expensive day was free and kept the price I was originally charged at.

Just another heads up - Virgin are changing flight times, aircraft and seats around for Nov / Dec.

We are now flying earlier on both outbound and inbound. Our seat selections disappeared and I couldn't choose new seats, they were all blocked out. Then a couple of minutes later I had seat selections appear for the outbound. Just waiting for the inbound to catch up.

What's odd though it says my flight home was originally 2310 - umm no it wasn't!

EDIT

My flight home has now caught up, and they have re assigned seats to us.

I can't switch seats though even if I wanted to at this stage as they are all blocked off.

Just another heads up - Virgin are changing flight times, aircraft and seats around for Nov / Dec.

We are now flying earlier on both outbound and inbound. Our seat selections disappeared and I couldn't choose new seats, they were all blocked out. Then a couple of minutes later I had seat selections appear for the outbound. Just waiting for the inbound to catch up.

What's odd though it says my flight home was originally 2310 - umm no it wasn't!

EDIT

My flight home has now caught up, and they have re assigned seats to us.

I can't switch seats though even if I wanted to at this stage as they are all blocked off.
Just logged onto my booking went to flight seats and got this.

This flight is provided by another airline.
You'll need to contact them directly to select your seat.

Just logged onto my booking went to flight seats and got this.

This flight is provided by another airline.
You'll need to contact them directly to select your seat.

Hopefully they are just in the process of updating your booking.
Mine changed within a few minutes of not being able to book seats to having seats allocated for both flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter