UK-US travel, 2021/2022

Hopefully they are just in the process of updating your booking.
Mine changed within a few minutes of not being able to book seats to having seats allocated for both flights.
Looks like a time change from 10:05 to 11:30 outbound :(

Hmmm. Our outbound is now on an A330-300. When we booked it was a 200. So our allocated seat numbers no longer exist. I assume they will change at some point.

Outbound we were on A330 - 200, now A330 - 300. We fly 19th December. Maybe they are doing things in date order.

AFAIK VA codeshare with (and are part owned by) Delta, so you may be on a Delta flight.
Yeah I know the Delta connection, but we had a connecting flight that was internal with Delta last time, it still showed up in the VA booking and I was able to book seats.

Last edited:
I did read on the Dibb something about accepting the changes to your booking. Not sure if that can be done on the app. I've not done that but still had new seats allocated to me. My VH MMB still shows my old flight times though.
And I've not been contacted by Virgin to say about a change in flight times, I had just read about it on a fb group.

So after digging around a bit (unconfirmed as yet) it looks as though the flight we have been put on is with Air France. Anyone had experience with them?

Looks as though they do not allow seat selection before check in (well that's not what virgin offer so that better change)

After further investigation (seeing as none of my booking details match up lol) it could still be virgin as they seem to have 3 options on that day departing at 11:30 (presume same plane?)

Last edited:
Starting to get concerned that the US still hasn’t confirmed the date in November when borders will open. Saw one article in the Daily Mail, I think it was, stating that the earliest would be 8th, but could be as late as 13th. I assume airlines will have to start cancelling if they don’t hear soon.

Yes its very frustrating for early November travellers.
Jon Sopel tweeted this, but according to Jen Paski in a news conference, "early November " is still on the table.609660

I received an email from VH this morning informing me of my flight time changes - but MMB has yet to update!

Starting to get concerned that the US still hasn’t confirmed the date in November when borders will open. Saw one article in the Daily Mail, I think it was, stating that the earliest would be 8th, but could be as late as 13th. I assume airlines will have to start cancelling if they don’t hear soon.
We have heard the 8th here on the US side of the pond.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter