UK-US travel, 2021/2022

Have you ever found the Welsh doll during the IASW ride? One needs good eyesight.

Still my favourite thing to spot - have a photo of it somewhere I'll try to drag it out later.

When I worked in UK pavillion there were a few of us Welshies and we did make a huge thing of St David's day but ourselves rather than the actual area. I guess it depends on the staff

I made the very sad decision to cancel my November trip this weekend as was the last time I could cancel without penalty. I just can't see this year happening.

Still my favourite thing to spot - have a photo of it somewhere I'll try to drag it out later.

When I worked in UK pavillion there were a few of us Welshies and we did make a huge thing of St David's day but ourselves rather than the actual area. I guess it depends on the staff

I made the very sad decision to cancel my November trip this weekend as was the last time I could cancel without penalty. I just can't see this year happening.
Leave your APRs in place until the last minute and then, if things change, you can always look for a cheap flight etc. What’s plan B?

I've started looking at flights for our planned trip next August.

We'll be flying out of Dublin and won't be doing direct flights due to cost. A lot of the ones I'm seeing so far have connections in either Germany or Canada. It's only just occurred to me that a connection in a third country adds an extra wrinkle. For example, Canada might not allow travel from the EU, but the US does. And so I don't know how that would affect an itinerary that goes Dublin > Toronto > MCO.

So I've decided to only consider connections that are in the US, so New York or Washington, based on past experiences. It probably won't make a difference, but it's one less potential cause of hassle.

It's only just occurred to me that a connection in a third country adds an extra wrinkle.
Indeed. I've just booked a trip to Gran Canaria next month and I'm paying more for a direct flight to avoid stopping anywhere that could screw things up if rules change.

So I've decided to only consider connections that are in the US,
That was my plan for this year ... if they'd opened the border.
(I reckoned it might take a while for direct MCO flights to get going, so was planning on grabbing a seat on an existing UK-USA flight and then getting a domestic flight from wherever that put me down ... Anywhere in the US would have done :) )

If we end up travelling at Easter if we get cancelled for Christmas, we will have to fly in direct due to flight costs. I too plan to have a stop at a US airport. I don't want to risk a European or Canadian airport, especially if the travel ban hasn't long been lifted when we go ( which I think is a good possibility)

This is going to sound really stupid but I have always found if I can visualise myself doing something it generally happens. The last job I got I was convinced I was going to get it as I could visualise myself leaving the building and driving home

I can actually visualise myself packing for our July 2022 trip so I’m convincing myself that one will happen.

Leave your APRs in place until the last minute and then, if things change, you can always look for a cheap flight etc. What’s plan B?

Plan B is next September. Already planning for next May with my parents and my sisters family so this is my usual solo trip. I am really not sure whether either is feesible but living in hope by next May things may be a bit more settled and the US will definitely be open

We are due to fly with BA at the beginning of December this year, we booked flights car and Disney tickets with them. We have everything crossed that we get to go as we bought DVC last year! My only worry is buying the Disney tickets and their policy around refunds. Does anyone know if they will refund this?

We are due to fly with BA at the beginning of December this year, we booked flights car and Disney tickets with them. We have everything crossed that we get to go as we bought DVC last year! My only worry is buying the Disney tickets and their policy around refunds. Does anyone know if they will refund this?
Disney will allow you to use the cost of your tickets as a credit towards new tickets. You would just have to pay the price increase, if any.

Disney will allow you to use the cost of your tickets as a credit towards new tickets. You would just have to pay the price increase, if any.
Thank you for replying, what if we want a refund? We have only part paid the balance, Ift BA have cancelled the Flights, tickets and Car we should be entitled to all our money back?

Thank you for replying, what if we want a refund? We have only part paid the balance, Ift BA have cancelled the Flights, tickets and Car we should be entitled to all our money back?
You will be entitled to a refund for your flights and car, but (I think) that if you have already linked your park tickets on MDE then the cost of the tickets will not be refunded. Disney will just hold the credit for you for future use.

You will be entitled to a refund for your flights and car, but (I think) that if you have already linked your park tickets on MDE then the cost of the tickets will not be refunded. Disney will just hold the credit for you for future use.
Yes we have linked it all up as we need the reservations, so best to speak with Disney about park tickets? Guessing they will be accommodating. Thank you!

ok, everyone, I read an article this morning which is logical and makes sense but at the same time is not what my heart wants to hear and I hope that its not true.

One theory about the travel ban is that there wont be any real move on removing it until November 2022, which is the USA Mid Term Elections when all 435 seats in the House of Representatives and 34 of the 100 seats in the Senate will be up for election. There will also be local elections at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter