Uber?

Antonio

Mouseketeer
Can you get an Uber from Disney parks back to your room? I am staying 9 nights next trip and the busses with 2 young kids at night is brutal. Thanks in advance.

4 and 2. We tend to stay at the parks till closing and they always pass out on the way out. An Uber would just be so much easier
Since your 2 year old needs a car seat and your 4 year old needs a booster, Uber won't work for you. You can call mears and request a cab with a car seat (you'll need to bring an inflatable booster with you) or you can take a Minnie Van.

Since your 2 year old needs a car seat and your 4 year old needs a booster, Uber won't work for you. You can call mears and request a cab with a car seat (you'll need to bring an inflatable booster with you) or you can take a Minnie Van.
Alesia is right about the child seats, and about Uber. Uber has some vehicles (both X and XL) which have one child seat, but availability could be an issue. Lyft has no vehicles with child seats.

And you definitely want to do at least one MinnieVan ride with the kids. They will love it!

One other thing about Uber/Lyft/taxis. They can go anywhere public traffic is allowed at WDW. But at some resorts, that means driving you right to your door, and at others they have to drop you off at the lobby because interior roads are closed to the general public. So whether they could take you right to your door depends on where you are staying.

I hate to sound cheap but do they accept tips on the Minnie van or is the $25 a flat rate?

I hate to sound cheap but do they accept tips on the Minnie van or is the $25 a flat rate?

Minnie van is now $15 plus a mileage fee. So depending on where you are staying it might be more than $25. Plus you are expected to tip. I believe it is around $2.75/mi but that could be incorrect. You can plug your route into the Lyft app to see cost of Minnie Van.

Actually, both kids should be in a 5 point harness. Booster seats aren’t recommended until age 5 (at a minimum).

But either way, Uber isn’t going to work for this family.

Actually, both kids should be in a 5 point harness. Booster seats aren’t recommended until age 5 (at a minimum).

But either way, Uber isn’t going to work for this family.
I don't disagree, but I was really just speaking to what florida law requires

MinnieMSue is correct above on the new fare schedule. The $2.75 per mile they mention is the per-mile fare -- has nothing to do with tipping.

Tipping is optional and Minnie Van drivers are salaried Disney employees. If you choose to tip, you can do so either in cash or in the app.

Personally, I would tip them in cash to make sure the tip gets to the right person. I'm not sure how the money transfers work between Lyft and Disney. Normally, the relationship is direct between Lyft and the driver, but that's not the case with Minnie Vans, and I don't know what the process would be to get the tip to the driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!