Uber from MCO

MattH2O

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We have used a Town Car service for the past couple of years from MCO to either Disney or Universal. They ask you to call once out from immigration at which point they make their way to you. We have found the process a little clunky particularly with a UK mobile phone. The result has been waiting for our driver to arrive. It hasn’t felt like a £100+ plus tip service.

With this I’m wondering if using Uber would be a better option from MCO. Weve told ourselves we would try Uber this year but I’m now starting to worry. Have any UK visitors experiance of Uber from MCO? There are four of us travelling (2 adults, 2 Children) and about 5 suitcases.

Are you staying on Disney property, if so think about the bus services that are available. Don’t take long and provide a reliable good service.

How big are your suitcases? Will any of the children need car seats? At a minimum, you will need Uber XL. But even then, I'm not sure if it can hold all those suitcases....

Thanks,

We are heading to universal first. Our suitcases are a mixture, one quite big, two medium and two that can go in carry on.

We usually fit nicely in a suburban SUV and we know that they will have booster seats for the kids.

We have had great experiences with Uber and Lyft. We travel with two and 4 suitcases (2 large ones, 2 carry ons) and that fit well in most regular Ubers but I imagine that with an Uber (or Lyft) XL would work out fine. It's a lot cheaper than the alternatives and in my opinion a better experience (as the bus drives to other accomodations too so it might be quite a long trip). It's also cheaper than the towncars you described.

If I remember correctly I paid close to 60 which included a 20 percent tip.

Definitely download Lyft and check both it and Uber. Lyft is usually slightly cheaper, but the two apps may have different surge pricing at times, so it's worth checking for a longer trip, like from the airport. From Universal to the Airport I paid under $40, but an XL car costs more and there is probably an airport pickup fee.

Hi all,

We have used a Town Car service for the past couple of years from MCO to either Disney or Universal. They ask you to call once out from immigration at which point they make their way to you. We have found the process a little clunky particularly with a UK mobile phone. The result has been waiting for our driver to arrive. It hasn’t felt like a £100+ plus tip service.

With this I’m wondering if using Uber would be a better option from MCO. Weve told ourselves we would try Uber this year but I’m now starting to worry. Have any UK visitors experiance of Uber from MCO? There are four of us travelling (2 adults, 2 Children) and about 5 suitcases.
Have used it for everywhere in Orlando and from the airport and can say nothing but good about it .
Use always the biggest vehicle as possible for comfort.
Last return trip to mco from Universal was in an Uber .Not big enough so refused .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter