Typical WDW customer service.

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
It is 12:30, 87 degrees, and 100 humidity. I check in on time for my 12:25 Sci - Fi reservation and head to the restaurant. I roll my walker inside to sit and wait for the text. The hostess stand inside turns on my and barks “No waiting inside”. Of course they removed the benches but to sit outside in the sun ,heat and humidity is just awful. Sweat is pouring down my back. Of course they are running behind.

Good thing the food is awesome and it is cool and dark.

Weird. They specifically told us to sit inside to wait and we were an hour late, so they needed extra time to figure out where to put us. I guess it depends on who you get.

Sorry to hear this - we were invited inside to wait for our ADR in mid April. There weren't as many seats in the lounge area as there were pre-covid and no seats at the bar but it was cool.

It is 12:30, 87 degrees, and 100 humidity. I check in on time for my 12:25 Sci - Fi reservation and head to the restaurant. I roll my walker inside to sit and wait for the text. The hostess stand inside turns on my and barks “No waiting inside”. Of course they removed the benches but to sit outside in the sun ,heat and humidity is just awful. Sweat is pouring down my back. Of course they are running behind.

Good thing the food is awesome and it is cool and dark.
Hope you at least had an enjoyable meal! It really is a miserable spot to wait outside with the midday sun....so little shade...of course even shade wouldn't help much when it's that humid. When we were there in April we had to wait outside within earshot because the mobile "your table is ready" thing wasn't working for Sci-Fi. If there hadn't been enough room under the one umbrella for me, I would have melted on the spot.

Thankfully it was worth the wait.

We started with the fried pickles and they were hot and fresh. I had the burger medium rare with onion rings and my nephew had the same but well done. The onion rings are worth the trip alone but the burger did not disappoint. My DD had the special which was a pork burger with caramelized onions and French fries.

Love this place but thought having the entire hostess stand turn on me was poor customer service.

Sorry to hear this - we were invited inside to wait for our ADR in mid April. There weren't as many seats in the lounge area as there were pre-covid and no seats at the bar but it was cool.

This poster was at Sci Fi Dine In at Studios. There is no lounge or bar area. There used to be benches in the small lobby area. But when we were there early this month, they were gone.

I agree the CM's behavior was rude. I hope you complained about it to a supervisor. Someone using a walker needs special consideration.

But I will add that I don't agree that your experience is "typical WDW customer service." I think it's exceptional (in a bad way).

I agree the CM's behavior was rude. I hope you complained about it to a supervisor. Someone using a walker needs special consideration.

But I will add that I don't agree that your experience is "typical WDW customer service." I think it's exceptional (in a bad way).
I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume they meant to write "atypical." If not, there should be numerous threads from numerous people about this type of customer service.

how is this typical? If it happened all the time we would hear about it all the time.

Baseline Taphouse is attached, if anyone wants to wait in there you may be able to tell them to call you in there, or sit in there if they will send you a text when your table is ready. Might not work if Baseline starts getting crowded with SciFi patrons waiting for tables though

Sorry to hear about your experience with a CM.
However, I don't think this is typical CM behavior and wouldn't want to label all CMs with that brush as luckily our experiences have been very different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter