Typical Attire

fuzzlekins

Mouseketeer
I know what the dress code is for signature restaurants, but what do people typically wear? I'd hate to be under-dressed but at the same time, I don't love the idea of having to go back to our room and change for dinner most nights. I'm starting to plan our next trip with the DxDP so we'll be doing signature dining for the first time.

Also, I was planning to eat at CA Grill on the same day as doing Pirates League. Do hubby and DD need to take off their makeup before dinner or should I just try to rearrange the dining schedule on that one?

Thanks! :)

People wear anything and everything. I've seen them in fancy dresses and in park clothing in the same restaurant on the same night.

I typically wear some sort of sundress, but you do see others dressed in the "forbidden" attire.

If your kids look like pirates I don't think anyone would bat an eye. ;)

But would you feel uncomfortable being in park clothing? I'm talking specifically about Le Cellier (assuming not since it's IN a park), Narcoossee's (we found the GF in general to be a bit stuffy), Wolfgang Puck, CA Grill, and Artist Point, in case that helps.

Whatever anyone else prefers doing, park clothing is not "prohibited" at the signature restaurants. What is "prohibited" would be swimwear, torn or cutoff clothing, hats or tank tops on men, and tee shirts with "offensive" graphics or slogans. And even then, there are several reports out there of persons being allowed into the restaurants even in the "prohibited" clothing.

At Le Cellier, being in a park, there is no dress code to speak of.

At any of the others, nobody will say anything about what you are wearing. There will be patrons in all different types of clothing.

California Grill is closed until at least September.

But would you feel uncomfortable being in park clothing? I'm talking specifically about Le Cellier (assuming not since it's IN a park), Narcoossee's (we found the GF in general to be a bit stuffy), Wolfgang Puck, CA Grill, and Artist Point, in case that helps.

We would. With the exception of signatures inside the parks, we always return to our resort to shower and change clothes before going to a nice signature dinner.

When we are doing Signature Dining we always freshen up and change before dinner. DH and DS wear dress shorts and collared shirts. I wear linen capris, a fancy blouse and fancy sandals.
Signature Dining is supposed to be an upscale experience. Being fresh and a bit dressed up from park attire, adds to the experience. I wouldn't be comfortable (other than Le Cieller (sp?) )in park clothing.
But as PP have said, you will see everything.
What will you be comfortable in?

We never wear the "forbidden" stuff but we do typically wear t-shirts and shorts or capri pants to the parks - nothing dressy. When we went to Kouzzina at The Boardwalk this last trip, I initially felt a little uncomfortable being in our park clothes until some others dressed even more casually arrived, and that wasn't even a signature restaurant. Just don't want to feel uncomfortable but if lots of people wear park clothes to the sigs, then we'd probably go with that rather than changing clothes for dinner.

Thanks for the info! I feel better prepared. :thumbsup2

We just got back but I'm already laying out the itinerary for our next trip at the same time next year. I'm a nut like that. ;)

My only tip would be to make sure that your clothing is expandable :) Sounds like some great restaurants. I especially love Narcoossee's

The DW and I typically "follow the rules" As a PP stated about freshening up before dinner, we always do and change from Park Gear to Dinner attire. No Suits and gowns but dress shorts and a polo for me and a whatever my wife wears she is also in charge of the DD(6) attire. I am a DISdad and have no say:rotfl2:

We go resort casual.

Dress shorts (not swim suits or cut off jeans)
Golf shirt or even t-shirt (as long as it ha sleeves)

beyond that, its pretty wide open.

I guess, we dressed resort casual, when we had our signatures on our last trip, and will again next month. My DH and our older 3 boys (they were 13, 11 and 5 the last time) all wore polo style shirts, my DH wore slacks and the boys wore nice shorts, I wore a nice top with capris and DD wore sundresses.

I guess I think of dining at a signature at a resort to be an experience that is separate from going to the parks and park dining.

Our family dresses up when we go to signatures. Myseelf and DS are always in a shirt and tie and DW and DD are in dresses or at least dress pants and a blouse. We do this just because we like to dress up. That being said, you can be comfortable. Wear what will make you happy. People will be in all sorts of clothes. No worries with whatever you choice! Have a great trip! :)

We've seen the whole range from super park casual to suits and formal wear. What we've observed is far more men wearing polo shirts than tee shirts in general. Also, people dining late (after 8:00) tend to be dressed more in resort casual, than park clothes. In the end the "dress code" is more guidelines than code and you'll have no problems if you avoid the "not allowed" apparel, although even then we've seen people in some of those items.

There is almost nothing that you won't see. It really has more to do with what makes you feel comfortable. When we go to a signature within a park, I make sure that when dressing for the park that day, I wear what I would wear if I were golfing at a nice country club. Nice shorts and a collared shirt. Loafers instead of sneakers. I skip the "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt, or any shirt that is a walking billboard for a theme park or sporting goods company. If we are not staying in a park to dine, I always shower and change into long pants, a Tommy Bahama type short-sleeved shirt, and toss on a blazer if the night time temperature permits.

On any given day at WDW in the signature restaurants, you will find people getting engaged; people on dates; people celebrating anniversaries and birthdays; and families just out for a decent meal after coming off of Kali Rapids. Those are all good reasons to be at the restauant, and each group dresses the part. Kids show up at the California Grill with pirate and princess attire every day. As an adult, would I walk in with pirate make-up on? No. But that doesn't make it wrong. I just wouldn't feel right about it.

On our last trip, we ate in about 5 signature places, and my observation was that the majority of the people in the restaurants were in casual, jeans, cargo shorts, t-shirts, etc. There were a handful of people who may have been out on a date and dressed up a bit. For the most part, as long as you are neat and not offensive, you are fine to go in the same clothes you walked around the park in. On the nights I went to a nicer place, I'd bring a fresh top and a nice pair of sandals to freshen up in the ladies room first.

I appreciate all the input! Thinking I will likely pack one long sleeveless dress to put on just for a couple of dinners and switch out our CA Grill day. Hubby will probably put on khakis. He often wears polos to the park anyway, so not a big deal. The only hassle about is returning to the room before heading to another resort but it will hopefully be worth it. Haven't done signature dining before so hoping for smaller portions and better flavor. :)

I wear a scoop neck, calf length cotton dress and leather flip flop style sandals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter