Two Year Anniversary, Sailing Away to Canada! - June 10-15, 2012 Day 4 Part 2 09/30

Hey all, hope you are having a good week!
Here is the Navigator for the next day. It was a day at sea.
personalnav1.jpg

personalnav2.jpg

personalnav3.jpg

personalnav4.jpg

I also forgot to post this. This was the list we got of the movies playing at the theater.
theaterlist.jpg

So I had made a deal with myself that I wouldn't sleep in...I wanted to experience everything and I was unwilling to waste it with silly things like sleep. :rotfl: So I had my alarm set for 8 but....I woke up at 7:30. Once I started waking up there was no way I was going to get back to sleep. So I got up and showered.
IMG_2847e.jpg

Found another logo!
Then, I attempted to wake DH...and was shot down. :confused: Apparently, he was on vacation and was sleeping in! So...I left for about 10 minutes...and I got just as much of an attitude when I came back.
I took this at one point trying to wake DH up.
DSC_0221e.jpg

still love the details. I could tell he wasn't going to get up so I grabbed the camera and took off.
Good morning!
DSC_0204e.jpg

Good morning Funnel!
DSC_0206e.jpg

DSC_0205e.jpg

I then went into the Cove Cafe to get a Mocha. YUM! I can really only function with coffee...and knowing I'd probably have to wait for breakfast, I needed my coffee. It was very good.
Then I took off my shoes and sat with my feet in the quiet pool, enjoying the sun and breeze.
DSC_0211e.jpg

DSC_0212e.jpg

DSC_0214e.jpg

After that, I got up and did some exploring
DSC_0222e.jpg

DSC_0225e.jpg

DSC_0233e.jpg

I really loved the etchings in the door of the shops.
DSC_0236e.jpg

DSC_0239e.jpg

After about 40 minutes I headed back to the room to demand breakfast..:laughing: Thankfully when I came in DH was awake and getting ready! :yay:

So now we could head off to breakfast! We had missed Lumiere's the night before because we went to Palo...so that was where I wanted to go.
DSC_0246e-1.jpg

DSC_0242e.jpg

IMG_2850e.jpg

I really loved this restaurant. I wish we had seen it at night the first night...but Palo was so worth it!!
So, like always, I took a photo of DH at the table.
IMG_2853e.jpg

You can see the waiter in the background watching!
Then he offered to take one for us!
IMG_2854e.jpg

DH got Eggs Benedict - toasted English muffin with grilled Canadian bacon and poached eggs, topped with Hollandaise sauce
IMG_2855e.jpg

DH really enjoyed this.
I got a spinach and tomato omelet.
IMG_2857e.jpg

I should have gotten pancakes or a veggie version of the Benedict. Because this was blah. Especially the hash brown. It looks and tasted like a McDonald's one, which didn't impress me. I think I just order wrong. Everything else looked great.
After breakfast we did some more touring of the ship. I was amazed at how empty the ship felt. It was a day at sea and yet we weren't waiting for anything. Breakfast wasn't crowded and neither were the hallways. I guess there is just so much to do!
So we headed to check out Beat Street again.
IMG_2866e.jpg

DSC_0262E.jpg

Yeah...I don't think he is really scared anymore..
DH wanted to watch the England v France soccer game, but it wasn't advertised on the Navigator. We went over to Diversions and were told that the game would be showing in the Cove Cafe instead, because there was a DVC presentation. So we hung around and played some of the board games. I thought this was a nice touch. There were board games in a couple places around the ship.
We played Yahtzee first
IMG_2869e.jpg

IMG_2873e.jpg

DH won.
Then we played Sorry
IMG_2874e.jpg

and I won!
We went up on deck and saw this guy...
DSC_0249e.jpg

DSC_0250e.jpg

You can see the hair of a small child...he kept yelling at Donald..."You're just a person! You're just a person!" Donald really wanted to get him away...so he requested a photo with me!
DSC_0251e.jpg

DSC_0248e.jpg

By then, it was time to head over to the cafe for DH to grab a spot. We stopped at Signals so DH could get a drink. He bought one of those giant souvenir beer mugs. Which, btw, weigh so much! I bought a plastic one so I could put the beer that we had brought with us in it!
They had big headphones so that if you wanted to watch the game you could listen, but if you were just picking up a coffee you didn't have to.
So with DH all set I decided to go get some beer and take a long swim! It was a little cold, but not too bad. I went to the Quiet Cove pool, ended up meeting a nice couple and chatting with them for a while. Enjoying the sun and semi-heated pool. It felt so good...
After enjoying the pool for over an hour, my new friends left and I decided to get out and check out the Wheel of Fortune game that was going on in the Promenade Lounge.
It was fun but definitely needed to be updated. It only lasted for about 15-20 minutes, which surprised me.
IMG_2876e.jpg

I then went to get DH from the Cove so we could go have some more fun!
Coming up:
IMG_2920e-1.jpg

Yep, your DH looks totally relaxed there!

How awful about the little one with Donald...thank goodness he was smart enough to pull you over for picture.

Love sea days...they are so relaxing. We actually used to look for cruises that were filled with port calls, with the mindset we enjoyed visiting different places. That was until our last cruise when we decided those at sea days were the best. Now, we are finally taking an Eastern Caribbean itinerary next year, which we never did before due to the additional sea day (and fewer port calls).

Oh, and your breakfast...you are so right about those hash browns. I much prefered when they had the home fries (or breakfast potatoes) available.

Yep, your DH looks totally relaxed there!

How awful about the little one with Donald...thank goodness he was smart enough to pull you over for picture.

Love sea days...they are so relaxing. We actually used to look for cruises that were filled with port calls, with the mindset we enjoyed visiting different places. That was until our last cruise when we decided those at sea days were the best. Now, we are finally taking an Eastern Caribbean itinerary next year, which we never did before due to the additional sea day (and fewer port calls).

Oh, and your breakfast...you are so right about those hash browns. I much prefered when they had the home fries (or breakfast potatoes) available.

Haha I know! Guess he got over that fear quickly!

I know right!? I haven't seen a child act like that with characters...I wonder how he did the rest of the trip.

This cruise had a nice balance of sea days and ports of call. I don't think DH would do well with too many sea days especially in a row. He definitely needed to get off the boat.

Yeah. I should have ordered something different. I didn't realize it would be like that when they said hashbrowns, Oh well!

I love Lumiere's and their eggs benedict!!!! OMG YUMMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Nice pictures!!!! Giving me ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep them coming!!!!

Wow - thanks so much for posting this TR and all the wonderful pictures. We will be on this cruise in September and I love reading all about this and getting some ideas of what to do and all the great things to eat. Looking forward to more.

Linda

I love Lumiere's and their eggs benedict!!!! OMG YUMMMY!!!!!!!!!!
Nice pictures!!!! Giving me ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep them coming!!!!
Yeah...nothing says good morning to me like some good eggs benedict (veggie for me of course!)
Wow - thanks so much for posting this TR and all the wonderful pictures. We will be on this cruise in September and I love reading all about this and getting some ideas of what to do and all the great things to eat. Looking forward to more.

Linda
Glad I can help with your up coming trip! It always helps me get through the long months of waiting!!!

Hey all! Hope you're having a good week.

So, after I dragged DH away from the game, we headed back to the room to get another beer and chill for a bit.

Then we headed to the Gazebo to see our favorite little alien.

First, though, we saw Chip and Dale right before they left.
DSC_0266E.jpg

Soon enough, our stomping friend was taking his place!

DSC_0267e.jpg

We only had a few people in front of us and then it was our turn. I don't know if I mentioned this, but Stitch is DH's favorite! So, like me with Donald, any time he was out we just had to find him!

e.jpg

IMG_2881e.jpg

I love the cast members they choose for Stitch! He is always so much fun. I have to say that I love how quick and easy it is to see characters on the cruise, unlike in the parks. We never waited any longer than 15 minutes! In the parks, we have been known to wait for 30-40.

We then headed around the ship to see the view. I really wanted to see dolphins or whales, but no such luck.

We then played foosball...
IMG_2883e.jpg

which btw...I learned I'm terrible at!!

IMG_2885e.jpg

After our nice trip around the boat, we headed down to Rockin' Bar D for BINGO!

There were lots of different choices for how to buy cards, but they were all definitely more expensive then I ever would have expected. I like paper cards (I think its much more fun!), but DH - of course - wanted the electronic one. So we ended up with both. I had three paper cards and DH had 24 electronic ones.
IMG_0860e.jpg

IMG_2890e.jpg

IMG_2893e.jpg

I got very close twice and DH once. But there was no winning for us! It was definitely fun, but my biggest complaint from the entire cruise was how much money it cost! I'd rather less of a prize and cheaper tickets. We also didn't realize that, as the cruise went on, it got more and more expensive. Again...we had no idea this would happen.

After we failed to win Bingo, we decided to chill out in our room and get ready for semi-formal night! I love any reason to get dressed up! DH...not so much. After some champagne, treats, and lots of hair spray, we were off to see tonight's show, Twice Charmed. I love Cinderella so I really, really loved this show. It was so beautiful and I loved the different transitions between scenes. This was our first 'Broadway' style show on the ship, and I was immensely impressed. I have seen many real Broadway shows and I was surprised that they could perform something just as elaborate on a ship! I was kind of sad when it ended!

After the show we went to the atrium to go meet my favorite duck! I loved his fancy clothes!
IMG_2905e.jpg

He clearly liked DH's too!
IMG_2904e.jpg

We then headed to dinner. We were both very excited for it!
IMG_0909e.jpg

IMG_2910e-1.jpg

OMG we loved this restaurant! Especially the theming, and how it changed over time.

IMG_2920e.jpg

IMG_2922e.jpg

We finally met our server (Vlado) and assistant server (Mahut), who were both so nice and friendly. It was nice to learn about them and feel comfortable with them. They were both sad we hadn't been there the first night!

I love soup. So if there is a soup I can eat, there is no decision needed!
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Garnished with Chives and drizzled with Sour Cream
IMG_2926e.jpg

I could have licked the bowl...it was so good. But I'm a sucker for soup and butternut squash so...it was going to be a clear winner.

DH also got soup
Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with bacon bits and chives
IMG_2925e.jpg

DH doesn't usually like soup but this was also a winner for him. He has a hard time resisting anything with bacon in it.

For my main
Black Bean Chipotle Cakes
Over Corn Kernels and Brown Rice topped with Tomato-Cilantro Salsa
IMG_2932e.jpg

Seriously? Best vegetarian meal ever! It was so so so good. Spicy but not overly powerful. MMMMMMMM!

DH's was Penne Pasta
In Parmesan Cream, topped with Julienne of Turkey Breast and Prosciutto
IMG_2930e.jpg

While this looks really bland, DH said it really had some nice flavors and was very good but not too filling.

For Dessert, DH had
Double-Fudge Chocolate Cake
With Caramel-Orange Chocolate Sauce
IMG_2936e.jpg

what can I say? DH is obsessed with cake...so yeah, he liked it.

This was mine
Chilled Lemon Soufflé with Raspberry Drizzle
IMG_2939e.jpg

This was a nice, light dessert. It seems like after every meal - even though I love dessert - I couldn't even think about what to order, so I chose whatever wouldn't push me over the edge!

As soon as our desserts came out...so did a special mouse!
IMG_2943e.jpg

IMG_2946e.jpg

DH will be mad if I don't tell this story. So Mickey dances around with the servers and parades by most of the tables. Well, a small child - seeing Mickey for probably the first time that trip - stood on a chair and launched himself at Mickey while he was dancing. Mickey, kind of kneed the kid in the head! The entire restaurant gasped. They still finished the show but Mickey went back to give the kid a hug and make sure he was okay. Children, please keep your arms and legs in your seat until the mouse has come to a complete stop!

Because our servers had missed us the first night, they brought us a little surprise!
IMG_2952e.jpg

and they clapped. Our server is on the left and the head server on the right, the assistant was taking photos!

Then they asked us to kiss! Our camera confused him...so this is attempt number two, and it wasn't actually us kissing... but I liked it just the same.
IMG_2954e.jpg

IMG_2955e.jpg

So much for my light dessert!! I loved this though! It is exactly my type of dessert...they should have it on the menu! It is so much better then those sad cupcakes they give you at WDW!

Besides Palo, and for me maybe even more then Palo, this was the best meal! The choices were great and everything was so so good!

IMG_2960e.jpg

DH very much agrees - favorite restaurant!

IMG_2958e.jpg

Love the walls.

IMG_0871e.jpg

IMG_2963e.jpg

We decided we wanted to go to Sessions (the piano bar) but first we headed back to the room to grab some beer.

IMG_2964e.jpg

This is what we came back to.

So you will notice a box that our towel animal is holding...this was limited edition Canadian-themed DCL stationery, especially for us because it was the first time the Magic was going to Canada! I love this and it is one of my favorite souvenirs from the trip.

Oh, and I forgot to post earlier, here is Duffy being fancy for the night
DSC_0269e.jpg

On the way to Sessions, we literally ran into Snow White!
IMG_0876e.jpg

It is 10pm. Snow White is just strolling around the ship? It was very random but awesome!

IMG_2971e.jpg

IMG_2973e.jpg

So...this is the inside of the girls bathroom! I loved the bathrooms at Beat Street. Such great theming.
We headed to Sessions and got a nice seat by the window.
IMG_2975e.jpg

DH ordered a beer and I got a glow-tini.
IMG_2976e.jpg

I cannot remember what was in this, but it was strong and good! I really just wanted the glowing drink...and apparently you cannot just buy the ice cube and put it in any drink!
IMG_0878e.jpg

We sat and listened to the music for around an hour, just chatting and enjoying the evening. It was very relaxing and a great atmosphere.

We then dragged our butts back to the room, but not without first heading up to Deck 9 for a drink...and just in case you have been missing the funnel here's another one for you...
IMG_0875e.jpg

I made DH watch around an hour of Mulan before passing out. Ready to take on Halifax in the morning!!!

Coming Up:
DSC_0285.jpg

Love the pictures of you and your husband together while you take the picture using your reflection!!! You two look perfect together -- so cute! -- and I hope you have a wonderful and happy marriage.

Thanks for sharing your adventures/experiences. I look forward to reading more.

Love the pictures of you and your husband together while you take the picture using your reflection!!! You two look perfect together -- so cute! -- and I hope you have a wonderful and happy marriage.

Thanks for sharing your adventures/experiences. I look forward to reading more.

Thank you so much! that's really sweet of you!

Thanks for reading along!

Wouldn't you know...the night we went to Palo was our regular dining night in Animator's Palate - so we missed the good veggie dish. Argh! Looks wonderful!

Yeah, those characters are always roaming about. I have learned to take my camera everywhere with me on the ship, and always have it with me. Random run-ins are my favorite!

Thanks for the funnel picture - you can never have too many of those!!!

Thank you so much for sharing this great trip report! Great photos! I especially appreciate your comments on the vegetarian food.

Love your TR and all of your photos! Looks like you had a great time. DH and I are on this cruise in September for our 1st anniversary.

BTW, how rough were the seas to/from Canada?

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

We went on the next cruise and the seas were a little choppy the first couple of days - saw the water in the pool slosh up and down about a foot.

Coming back from St. John on the last sea day it was very calm. Almost no feeling of motion at all.

Thank you for the detailed report! My children and I are sailing Aug. 5, and we love looking at Magic photos together. Your thoroughness is much appreciated!

Your trip reports are AMAZING! I feel like Idid when I was reading the Harry Potter books with DD. We finish one...and then can't wait till the next one released. Same here... I can't wait for the next day. We are doing same cruise Aug 12 and reading reports is not only giving valuable info (DD is always cold, now I know to make sure she brings a sweater to the theater ), but also is building the anticipation. Thanks so much for sharing this and your pictures, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Love your TR and all of your photos! Looks like you had a great time. DH and I are on this cruise in September for our 1st anniversary.

We just returned yesterday! Compared to Caribbean cruises I found this to have more noticeable motion though I am not bothered by it. However my daughter had headaches both on the day we left and on the last sea day. That day I really noticed the choppy water as well as the pool looked like a wave pool!

She took homeopathic motion tablets which seemed to help and also wore the wristbands.

Another thing was it was very cold and foggy
On both sea days. Bring a fleece! Port days were beautiful though !

Wouldn't you know...the night we went to Palo was our regular dining night in Animator's Palate - so we missed the good veggie dish. Argh! Looks wonderful!

Yeah, those characters are always roaming about. I have learned to take my camera everywhere with me on the ship, and always have it with me. Random run-ins are my favorite!

Thanks for the funnel picture - you can never have too many of those!!!
Yeah of course! I heard first nights Lumiere's had good veggie food but I missed that! (technically..) Well there will have to be a next time so you can try it!!

I didn't expect that! I always have a camera but still it was so surprising and magical!!

Have to always sneak one of those in there! ha.
Thank you so much for sharing this great trip report! Great photos! I especially appreciate your comments on the vegetarian food.
Thanks following along, I'm so glad you enjoy it! We veggies have to stick together! I love reading TR but I kind of skip over the meaty meals because obviously that won't help! So i'm glad I can help you out.

Thanks so much! Oh that will be amazing! I hope you guys are getting excited! Its a great way to celebrate an anniversary!

They weren't too rough when we went. It was rough both sea days. Only at night on the first and during the day on the second. but other then those 4-5 hours it wasn't too bad. You really notice it when you are seeing the shows or eating at Animators or Parrot. I forgot to mention but there was a part in Twice Charmed where you could see the curtain swaying behind the actors...and I had to just focus on the show because otherwise I would really notice it.

Thanks! Coming soon I hope!
Thank you for the detailed report! My children and I are sailing Aug. 5, and we love looking at Magic photos together. Your thoroughness is much appreciated!
Aw thanks so much! I'm so glad I can help you and your children get excited!!
We just returned yesterday! Compared to Caribbean cruises I found this to have more noticeable motion though I am not bothered by it. However my daughter had headaches both on the day we left and on the last sea day. That day I really noticed the choppy water as well as the pool looked like a wave pool!

She took homeopathic motion tablets which seemed to help and also wore the wristbands.

Another thing was it was very cold and foggy
On both sea days. Bring a fleece! Port days were beautiful though !

Yeah Sea days were bad for us! I wore the bands the whole time. They really helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter