Two questions- showers and bikes

avalovesminnie

Mouseketeer
In the tent/ pop up loops are there ever lines for the shower? In Yosemite recently I’m pretty sure they ran out of hot water as I had a very brisk shower!

Are there bike racks by the bus station and boat dock? Considering renting bikes instead of a golf cart. How about if you bike to Wilderness lodge- where do you leave your bikes?

Thank you!

We always stay in the tent loops and I've never seen a line for the shower.

You don't need to take bikes all the way to boat or bus depot, since there is a bus that picks you up on each loop. We never have bikes or golf cart.

I don't think bikes would be super convenient since you have to return them daily. Golf carts are great but definitely not necessary. It really depends on how much Fort Time your planning. If your spending most if not all days at the parks, i would not rent a golf cart (or bike)... the internal busses are super efficient IMO. The few times we have taken them, we never waited more than 5 or 10 min.. closer to 5 i am sure. If your spending several days at the Fort then a Golf Cart makes sense to me. Its convenient to have a quick way to the pool, the settlement, dock, depot.. etc.

There are bike racks by the dock, can't remember about the bus stop but I want to say say there were some there as well - the stop for the buses to the parks that is

There are bike racks at the boat dock and near the bus stop as well (buried near the golf cart parking). Basically, there are racks all over the resort. My family finds bringing our own road bikes very useful when we stay at Fort Wilderness. Every day we bike to either Wilderness Lodge, the meadow pool, the boat docks or the bus stops. There's no joy in waiting for the slow as snail snot internal buses.

....slow as snail snot internal buses.

Not sure why I'm posting a response to yours. I think it's because I haven't heard that particular saying since, um, last century.

It always brought up images of some biology student hunkered over a microscope with a stopwatch to get empirical data about the said speed of snot from a snail with a sinus issue.

Since this is Florida, I might have gone with, "counting hanging Chads after election day."

No lines for showers in the Comfort Stations (we use the one between 1500 and 1600 because we like staying in 1500 when we get a Tent site) but my Dear Wife has complained about the lack of counter space on the sink side to spread out the hair-and-makeup stuff. She has her tote bag full just like everyone else. Oh and related to that getting a view in a mirror. But that's all I've heard.

Ditto what the other folks have said otherwise.

Bama Ed

Thank you all! We are renting bikes for the week from the company we are renting the small trailer from. We bike all the time at home and likely will find biking easier than the bus. But our last time at FW in a cabin we used the buses all the time with no problem. Hmmm... I just realized we are bringing our youngest kid and will want a umbrella stroller... might be hard to bike with a stroller...🤪

Thank you all! We are renting bikes for the week from the company we are renting the small trailer from. We bike all the time at home and likely will find biking easier than the bus. But our last time at FW in a cabin we used the buses all the time with no problem. Hmmm... I just realized we are bringing our youngest kid and will want a umbrella stroller... might be hard to bike with a stroller...🤪
Bike trailer? We used one of those to drag my kids around until they could ride on their own. Also, we brought a cheap folding umbrella stroller that we could stuff in the trailer with the kids. No biggie.

In the tent/ pop up loops are there ever lines for the shower? In Yosemite recently I’m pretty sure they ran out of hot water as I had a very brisk shower!

Are there bike racks by the bus station and boat dock? Considering renting bikes instead of a golf cart. How about if you bike to Wilderness lodge- where do you leave your bikes?

Thank you!

Pretty sure the DVC construction prevents biking to WL.

Well John,

The route from the Settlement Depot was blocked off when I was there in March. The Exercise Trail (paved walkway parallel to the bus road) was blocked off.

There is the alternate route for bikes and walkers (no cars or carts) out past 2000 to the Fort-WL bus road but with the access road for the DVC coming in from that direction and the dirt fill going into that area, it's probably no access also <may want to validate>. So your point is valid, John. No bikes to WL either way.

For OP, to get to WL area (Geyser Point is a CS dining spot I want to try in October 2020) I guess you need to use the small boat off the right side of the Bay Lake Fort dock (may stop at Contemporary-the boat runs in loop at CR-FW-WL).

Personally I love the WL Lobby and the Golden Spike Room (?) just off the elevator lobby of the original DVC WL down past the bus stop. We spent many a rainy afternoon at the Golden Spike Room (tribute to Walt's backyard railroad-the "Carolwood Pacific") over the decades.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter