Two days @ Castaway Cay on 1/29-2/2

Amlee said:
We had a pirate menu that was rolled up like a treasure map on our table when we got to dinner that night. The food seemed a more seafood flair. I've got mine and will try to scan it tomorrow.

While the presentation of the menu was in theme with the whole pirate night, I was under the impression from our servers that the menu was still geared to the restaurant. I could be be very wrong though and our servers misunderstood us several times so...??

I am looking at our "treasure map" menu and it does indeed have names that are in with the pirate theme such as "Treasure of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Scallops" and "Jack Sparrow's Marinated Loin of Pork" and so on but many of the items were already served on the other menu's such as Beef Tenderloin, Jerk Chicken Salad, Crab Cakes, Bib Lettuce Salad, Mango Soup, and everything on the lighter fare - just under different names.

The menu itself was totally different and a great keepsake and to be fair, there were a couple of different items offered for dinner as well as dessert and drinks.

4theloveofdisney said:
While the presentation of the menu was in theme with the whole pirate night, I was under the impression from our servers that the menu was still geared to the restaurant. I could be be very wrong though and our servers misunderstood us several times so...??

I am looking at our "treasure map" menu and it does indeed have names that are in with the pirate theme such as "Treasure of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Scallops" and "Jack Sparrow's Marinated Loin of Pork" and so on but many of the items were already served on the other menu's such as Beef Tenderloin, Jerk Chicken Salad, Crab Cakes, Bib Lettuce Salad, Mango Soup, and everything on the lighter fare - just under different names.

The menu itself was totally different and a great keepsake and to be fair, there were a couple of different items offered for dinner as well as dessert and drinks.

We had the exact same menu!! We were in Tritions Pirate night. What resturant where you in?

Pirate night is the same menu in the three restaurants....at least on the 4 and 7 night cruises.

Except Palo that is. We had Parrot Cay that pm. one thing to keep in mind is /they have many deserts @ the buffet. we were too full to have any. :guilty: but they looked good. Amelee, I think my daughter met one of your nieces(katie)?

Only one of my nieces went to any of the kids clubs. She's the 10 year old (Amber). She had a blast there. I'm not sure who all she met. She likes to talk a mile a minute and it's hard to keep up with her on a normal day. She went into over drive this past week.

alikat99 said:
On Pirate night, is there a separate Pirate night menu in the restaurants?

Here is the main course side of my Pirate night menu. I'll work on the other side this afternoon and try to post it. I still have the menu from Animator's Palete and Palo's to scan and do also.

PNmaincourse.jpg

Amlee said:
We had the exact same menu!! We were in Tritions Pirate night. What resturant where you in?

We were in AP so I guess our servers mis-informed us! So I guess the menu is special then if all of the restaurants served from it. Sorry to say that it wasn't - I was specifically thinking that the food was the same but named for the pirate theme.

Hi everyone! DH and I were on the cruise too. We were scheduled for Triton's on Pirate Night - I was sick but I made DH go. I posted a rather depressing TR (I was sick the entire time with a kidney stone!) in the DCL Trip Reports Forum. I hope everyone enjoyed the cruise - especially the 2 stops at CC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter