Two days @ Castaway Cay on 1/29-2/2

Linda Gardner

Mouseketeer
We had a beautiful trip, It was hard getting off the ship. As soon a we got to our cabin it felt like home, this trip we were in room 6116, it was only a few doors down from our room that we had last year. Nice view. dinning rotation APPT, we booked Polo for Mon pm. Woke up to Nassau on Monday,

DH &girls went without me, and I was happy with that. had some quite time not many people on ship @ that time. went to read on deck 4. Then got Pina Coloda @ singles and went to deck 10 to enjoy the rays w/drink. Next am woke up to Castaway Cay, looked a bit windy but did not get bad weather until later in the afternoon, most of us got soaked on our way back to ship. Went to captins cocktail invite. He informed us that we would be going back to CC the next day, ( Wednesday) we were thrilled, it was nice.
Only the h2o was a bit chilly for us. We got most autographs that PM @
10:30,not long lines at all. And most all characters are out together @ that time. We had a great time. And also got picked the Family of the cruise. :mickeyjum

Gotta love hitting CC twice....we've done the Thanksgiving Western the last 2 years and had CC twice and LOVED IT! We even were treated to a "Drive by" of the Wonder on our second stop in 05....

mitsguy2001 said:
Why did your cruise go to Castaway Cay twice?

Because it was to windy for any excurisons and then we got hit with a thunderstorm about mid day to early evening. Everyone had to run for the ship. So instead of doing a day at sea they took us back to CC for the day.

Actually the cruise director said it was only the 2nd time she had ever seen it done.

We were on the 10/02/05 sailing of the Wonder and we made a second stop at Castaway Cay due to the same reason - bad weather on first try. Gotta love that Captain John! :love:

lunsusie said:
We were on the 10/02/05 sailing of the Wonder and we made a second stop at Castaway Cay due to the same reason - bad weather on first try. Gotta love that Captain John! :love:
We were there too!! Captain John is The Man! :thumbsup2

The cruise director said the advatage of being on the 4 night cruise, is that if the first CC day is bad they will give us another try. My husband seems to think it is about the $ for shore excursions. :confused3 I myself would much rather do two days on CC apposed to Nassua/CC :mickeyjum I have to tell you something I was very dissapointed about, Almost everytime we went out to our Verandah our neighbors would be smoking. I myself could not stomach the smell. It even went into our cabin :sick: :sick: :sick: They really need to block off the smokers.

Linda Gardner said:
The cruise director said the advatage of being on the 4 night cruise, is that if the first CC day is bad they will give us another try. My husband seems to think it is about the $ for shore excursions. :confused3 I myself would much rather do two days on CC apposed to Nassua/CC :mickeyjum I have to tell you something I was very dissapointed about, Almost everytime we went out to our Verandah our neighbors would be smoking. I myself could not stomach the smell. It even went into our cabin :sick: :sick: :sick: They really need to block off the smokers.

I have to agree with your husband. I was standing at Guest Serves when the thunderstorm came up. People were asking about getting a refund for their excursions. They were being told to hold on to their slips of paper and there would be an announcement later this evening. I knew right then something was up. I HATE the days at sea!! Its the way for most cruise lines to make their money. So I was excited to get to go back.

As fo the smoking next time you book. Ask for a non-smoking room. They are grouped together.

All staterooms on DCL are non-smoking. The veranda's are one of the approved places for smoking.

rjh8115 said:
All staterooms on DCL are non-smoking. The veranda's are one of the approved places for smoking.

My parents asked to not be put by a smoker. I put this request in to DCL and they didn't have any smokers around them on their veranda. How Disney knew this I don't know.

Amlee said:
My parents asked to not be put by a smoker. I put this request in to DCL and they didn't have any smokers around them on their veranda. How Disney knew this I don't know.

They just got lucky. Disney has no way of knowing who smokes and who doesn't. The only way that they could have possibly arranged this, is if there were other people who requested to be placed near non-smokers, and I could only imagine that happening if someone filled out a medical form and sent it in.

Linda Gardner said:
And also got picked the Family of the cruise. :mickeyjum

What exactly is family of the cruise? Glad you had a good time! :goodvibes lucky you, 2 visits to CC!!! :banana:

I gave my input on the fact that I believe they should block off some rooms for non smokers. I could not imagine if the people on the other side of us were smokers too. :smokin: It would be that much more nasty. Yes as far as the Family of the Cruise goes, that means we had a special treat delivered to our room every day/and we could order anything on the restaurant menus.Which we did not have time to do, only because we ate our regular dinning times and had plenty to eat! :cake: The only misleading thing was we were told we could order room service on our last am (continental) and when I called to place our order, they said I was not able to. We also go a cute certificate that we could frame. pixiedust:

On Pirate night, is there a separate Pirate night menu in the restaurants?

justmestace said:
They just got lucky. Disney has no way of knowing who smokes and who doesn't. The only way that they could have possibly arranged this, is if there were other people who requested to be placed near non-smokers, and I could only imagine that happening if someone filled out a medical form and sent it in.

Unless they keep a list of request and group those people together. That is the only thing I could figure out.

alikat99 said:
On Pirate night, is there a separate Pirate night menu in the restaurants?

No - the menu is based on the restaurant you are assigned to that night. However, there is a special buffet later up on deck 9 that is served during the Pirate party.

We had a pirate menu that was rolled up like a treasure map on our table when we got to dinner that night. The food seemed a more seafood flair. I've got mine and will try to scan it tomorrow.

Amlee said:
We had a pirate menu that was rolled up like a treasure map on our table when we got to dinner that night. The food seemed a more seafood flair. I've got mine and will try to scan it tomorrow.
Thanks, I thought that there was a special Pirate Night Menu for the 4-night cruise. I was on a 4-nighter in Sept, but it was a DVC member cruise, and we missed the Pirate night dinner because we went to Palo that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter