tWitch from SYTYCD and Ellen show has died by suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see asking every legal holding gun owner to give up their gun for this reason. If someone wants to do themselves in they will.
I agree with this. I want sensible gun control, but by that I mean background checks and closing loopholes and holding gun owners accountable if they don't protect their firearms and they are then used in the commission of a crime. And stronger red flag laws. Would you say those things are reasonable? I believe that law-abiding adults have the right to own firearms, I just think that with that right also come certain responsibilities. And you may disagree with this, but I also think that firearm owners have an obligation to occasionally do the right thing and either give up their guns or use stronger protective measures if they know that someone at higher risk has access to them (a suicidal family member or a small child, for example).

I read about this here and saw a headline with a picture, but I didn't know who tWitch was as I don't watch those TV shows. Last evening I was watching the Disney Christmas make-over show (they showed how they change the castle from everyday castle to Ice-Frozen-Christmas castle). Disney Holiday Weddings came on next, and there was Twitch and Allison, looking so happy and full of life. Brought tears to my eyes. Godspeed, Twitch. May your memory be a blessing.

I read about this here and saw a headline with a picture, but I didn't know who tWitch was as I don't watch those TV shows. Last evening I was watching the Disney Christmas make-over show (they showed how they change the castle from everyday castle to Ice-Frozen-Christmas castle). Disney Holiday Weddings came on next, and there was Twitch and Allison, looking so happy and full of life. Brought tears to my eyes. Godspeed, Twitch. May your memory be a blessing.
I think that's what was so particularly shocking about this one. I first learned about tWitch way back in 2007, when he came so close to making it on SYTYCD season three, only to get cut at the last minute during Vegas week. Especially back then, they did background packages on the dancers, including the late cuts, and I just fell in love with him. Then he made it on season four a year later, and came in second. And even back then he was just SO happy and energetic and lit up a room. I've followed his career ever since, and just watched him evolve into a family man and find incredible success and yet still stay humble and down to earth and kind. I know that you never know what demons someone is hiding, but that person you saw on Disney Holiday Weddings was exactly who I've been watching for 15 years now. Just so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter