tWitch from SYTYCD and Ellen show has died by suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I just saw this and was totally shocked. It literally brought tears to my eyes. I watched him on SYTYCD when he was a contestant, and then when he was a coach/judge. He always looked like such a cheerful, happy man. When he married Alison I thought he had the 'happily ever after' he searched for. I am heartbroken for Alison, their 3 children and his family. Goes to show, you just never know what is in someone's mind and heart. RIP Twitch :(

So sad... He seemed to have such a good life but you just never know what they are going thru. I always loved him on SYTYCD.

I read that this morning. So sad :(. Mental illness and firearms take another life.
idk why you made mention of "firearms". But, if someone wanted to take their life, they could do it in many ways. The "firearms" were the tool in this instance.

This is very sad. I enjoyed his television appearances and sad that he chose this way to deal with his illness. and sad that his family has so many unanswered questions and so many more things to deal with as the days go by. Very very sad

idk why you made mention of "firearms". But, if someone wanted to take their life, they could do it in many ways. The "firearms" were the tool in this instance.

This is very sad. I enjoyed his television appearances and sad that he chose this way to deal with his illness. and sad that his family has so many unanswered questions and so many more things to deal with as the days go by. Very very sad
I think the method he used was mentioned because it's the truth. Not sure why the scare quotes.
This is a heartbreaking tragedy. For him, his wife and especially his children.

I think the method he used was mentioned because it's the truth. Not sure why the scare quotes.
This is a heartbreaking tragedy. For him, his wife and especially his children.
IDK what scare quotes are but I was quoting the poster because of the "firearms" mention.

i don't want to scare anyone, my apologies if you are offended by quotation marks.

also, some people mention "firearms" because of the way in which we in America are free to buy and carry firearms. I am not going to get political, but imo the "firearms" remark was not intended to let people know how he committed suicide but to gaslight the issue of "firearms" when it is the issue of MENTAL ILLNESS that should be addressed and like I said it is very sad indeed.

again, my apologies if my quotes were offensive. That is not my intention at all.

Because firearms in the home made the decision easier. 54% of gun related deaths are suicides and over 50% of the suicides are by firearms. The two go tragically hand in hand. Hopefully someone will learn of tWitch's suicide and remove firearms from the household of someone with mental illness.

Because firearms in the home made the decision easier. 54% of gun related deaths are suicides and over 50% of the suicides are by firearms. The two go tragically hand in hand. Hopefully someone will learn of tWitch's suicide and remove firearms from the household of someone with mental illness.
And pills, ropes and exhaust fumes, cliffs and other things.

Never heard of him but I feel bad for his wife and children.

I am absolutely gutted. I didn't know him, but I've followed Allison since SYTYCD Season Two, and tWitch since Season Four. They both had it rough early in life, and I was so happy that they found each other. He always seemed so happy and so full of life, but you never know what's going on beneath the surface.

Can we please not have the gun argument right now? A 40 year old man is dead. His 34 year old wife is left with three kids ages 3 to 14, less than two weeks before Christmas and just a few days after their ninth wedding anniversary. Anyone who knows my post history knows where I stand on guns, mental health, and the intersection between the two. But right now, can tWitch's fans please just be sad and heartbroken?

I am absolutely gutted. I didn't know him, but I've followed Allison since SYTYCD Season Two, and tWitch since Season Four. They both had it rough early in life, and I was so happy that they found each other. He always seemed so happy and so full of life, but you never know what's going on beneath the surface.

Can we please not have the gun argument right now? A 40 year old man is dead. His 34 year old wife is left with three kids ages 3 to 14, less than two weeks before Christmas and just a few days after their ninth wedding anniversary. Anyone who knows my post history knows where I stand on guns, mental health, and the intersection between the two. But right now, can tWitch's fans please just be sad and heartbroken?

Hear, hear.

You stated exactly what I was thinking.

It is such sad news. :( My daughter used to dance and attended a dance convention where he was one of the teachers. He was truly great with the kids. My daughter enjoyed all the classes... but tWitch was the highlight.

Him and his wife Allison also did the Disney fairytale weddings specials. So heartbreaking. My heart goes out to Alison, their kids and their family and friends.
I am not familiar with him or the shows mentioned, but my good wishes for his family going forward. God speed for him.
I read that this morning. So sad :(. Mental illness and firearms take another life.

Yes, I agree, Robin. Firearms and mental illness, as we have sadly seen all too often, can make for a deadly mix. And as you said, firearms make it quick and easy to do yourself in if having those thoughts. Other methods generally would take some additional thought/time, maybe just enough to make a person think, 'what the heck am I doing?' My son, Vince, a firefighter/paramedic for over 22 years, has gone on many suicide calls over the years. He says guns are, by far, the most common method used.

Always, always enjoyed seeing him on SYTYCD (as judge, dancer, and contestant at one time) - seemed so upbeat and positive in front of the camera. So sad to think how different it must've been for someone so young to think he had no alternatives behind the camera and the spotlight. Tragic in so many ways for so many people - not just him. Think of all the stories like this that don't make the headlines.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter