• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tweenage Blues

mabreu75

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me some tips on how to enjoy our upcoming trip to Disney with our 12 year old daughter? She's a wonderful girl, love her to the moon and back, but she has a bit of a 'tude..lol..Really don't feel like fighting the whole trip!

same here -- my secret to success is to pick my battles.
it works.

We're leaving October 12 with our 12yo. boys Gonna try a strict regime of bad food, thrills, & general silliness. :)

For real tho, I like the 'choose your battles' advice. And on vacation I choose no battles. Boys may be different than girls but vacation often brings out the positive in people.
Planning helps me. When we have a plan, it reduces the stress and we can just focus on having the most fun. The fact you're here asking questions, now will make it easier to see is she is getting ready to fight (or smart-off like my boy). That's when you get an ice cream cone or head back to the pool. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

have fun
mauisam

Definitely choose your battles.

Ask her one, two or three things she would REALLY like to do at WDW and include them, if possible. Have her help research the info for it... additional cost, menus, opening/closing times, emh times, etc. Pre-trip planning involvement may help with the 'tude.

Double check to make sure she isn't missing something at school or other area that she may really want to be a part of. (Could possibly be the cause of the 'tude.) That will be something you will need to deal with pre-trip.

Be consistent no matter what.

If all else fails, load her up on chocolate... it always helps me! :rotfl:

Good luck !! :flower3: Wecome !! DH and I have no children , but we had the pleasure of having our 13 (soon to be 14) Goddaughter :littleangel: for the entire summer. We had our moments , believe me !! But , choosing your battles wisely is indeed the best advice. Also , let her have some input into the planning of the day. Maybe which rides come first , or the choice of the afternoon snack, have her research some different things to do,send her on "errands", etc. Have fun with her, OR in spite of her :rotfl2:. We did many activities, planned meals, did chores, she even volunteered at our local library (72 hours). She lives in Florida and we are in Rhode Island. Try to remember that "this too shall pass" and we were all that age at one time. :cool1: I know that if you just breathe deeply and let things go it will turn out wonderful and you will all have a truley magical time. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter