TV Shows in Which You've Lost Interest?

New Amsterdam for me this year. It was losing me last year too. It’s one of the few shows DH and I watch together though so I’ll probably keep at it. I used to watch Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race and Dancing with the Stars but gave all those up years ago.

We were binge watching Smallville , I could not stop watching. Untill Lex left it was boring I stopped watching. I keep seeing it on my recommendation list that says continue watching.

I had stopped watching CSI (LV) a few years before it went off... now they are bringing it back. Trying to decide if that's a good thing.

New Amsterdam for me this year. It was losing me last year too. It’s one of the few shows DH and I watch together though so I’ll probably keep at it. I used to watch Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race and Dancing with the Stars but gave all those up years ago.
I'm with you on New Amsterdam. I want to like it. I generally love medical dramas. I even love a good outlandish hard to believe story line. But for some reason this one is just sitting on my DVR these days.

I had stopped watching CSI (LV) a few years before it went off... now they are bringing it back. Trying to decide if that's a good thing.

I watched CSI back when it was new. All the way through the end. It really was like 2 separate series though. Grissom phase and Ted Danson phase. Loved the Grissom shows. Didn't hate the Danson shows, but just didn't love them. I'm enjoying right now rewatching the old shows. Working on season 4 right now.

I am really enjoying the reboot. I'm enjoying how they're introducing new cast with new stories while pulling in the old cast with the throwback storyline.

Ah yes, Shameless for me too! Watched every season until this last one, they just keep recreating the same plots over and over.
Me too I binged on Shameless and then when the new season came I Iost interest

Also Outlander. Sorry to say once Claire and Jamie got older it got boring. Plus enough is enough with the back and forth thing, not to mention the length of time it takes between new seasons. I do not understand why it takes so long. Of course I am a binge watcher and so once a week is not enough for me watching a series once every couple of years is way too long.

Finally Handmaids Tale...it is boring now.

Reactions: NAB

I've given up on TV all together. Since starting right before Memorial Day, I watched TV once, on August 7, the last Saturday evening of the Olympics.

I might start again tomorrow now that the new NHL season is here, but it will be sparingly.
What do you do in your "free time?" Not being snarky, just honestly curious. I will fully admit I've watched way too much tv over my lifetime and half the time I'm not even watching; it's just on in the background, but it just seems so foreign to me to even imagine the tv not being on at all for even 1 day...definitely curious as to what you do instead.

Pawn Stars. Used to be fun to watch when the show was new to see the variety of unique items people were trying to sell. Now we know the game and they offer 50% of the value and always find some trivial things wrong with the item to reduce what they are willing to pay. The main characters act like they are big TV stars, arrogant, self-absorbed and generally obnoxious. Cory and his buddy Chum are goof-offs who have fallen into cushy jobs and constantly find ways to be lazy while making a career out of saying sarcastic things to Rick. Just no longer interests me.

Pawn Stars. Used to be fun to watch when the show was new to see the variety of unique items people were trying to sell. Now we know the game and they offer 50% of the value and always find some trivial things wrong with the item to reduce what they are willing to pay. The main characters act like they are big TV stars, arrogant, self-absorbed and generally obnoxious. Cory and his buddy Chum are goof-offs who have fallen into cushy jobs and constantly find ways to be lazy while making a career out of saying sarcastic things to Rick. Just no longer interests me.
You might want to check out season 19, episode 1 before you close the door. It's supposed to have a bunch of Disney stuff. Ride vehicles and such. I haven't watched the show in a long time but plan to watch this episode at some point.

My main reason for not watching this any more is just because of boredom. The episodes all seem alike after a while.

Forgot I gave up talent shows too. Used to love America’s Got Talent , American Idol, etc

Used to watch House Hunters all the time to but only watch if nothing on.

The Walking Dead.
The cliffhanger they left it on that one time, and wanted us to wait until THE NEXT SEASON to find out what happened.
I did watch that next season's premier and was furious at the outcome.
I have not watched one episode since.

I'm still mad about it. LOL

Edit to say: Just my opinion of course, but Season 1 of the Walking Dead was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV. I'm pretty sure they fired the director of that season and it was never as good after that.

The Walking Dead.
The cliffhanger they left it on that one time, and wanted us to wait until THE NEXT SEASON to find out what happened.
I did watch that next season's premier and was furious at the outcome.
I have not watched one episode since.

I'm still mad about it. LOL

Edit to say: Just my opinion of course, but Season 1 of the Walking Dead was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV. I'm pretty sure they fired the director of that season and it was never as good after that.
Season one blew us away. It was incredible. I had started to lose interest but then .. Glen. I won’t say anymore but after that I shut it off and never looked back.

• Survivor: We used to watch the first few seasons religiously. I mean, it was on our Tivo (we're that old). Stopped watching a decade + ago
  • Walking Dead: stopped watching sometime between Glenn's death and Rick leaving. One of our teenage daughters watches it now, but I just can't muster enthusiasm to start watching again.
  • History Channel Shows (Pawn Stars, American Pickers): Boring. Just because you find some junk doesn't mean it's going to make you rich.
  • Days of Our Lives: Ok, I still watch regularly, but some days it's only for background noise.

Reactions: NAB
What do you do in your "free time?" Not being snarky, just honestly curious. I will fully admit I've watched way too much tv over my lifetime and half the time I'm not even watching; it's just on in the background, but it just seems so foreign to me to even imagine the tv not being on at all for even 1 day...definitely curious as to what you do instead.

Read, waste too much time going down rabbit holes on the internet, come to the DIS every few days for a while, yard work, gardening, bike riding, walking around the neighborhood, to name a few.

Now that fall is here and winter is approaching, I'm sure I'll turn on the TV soon.

I'm with you on New Amsterdam. I want to like it. I generally love medical dramas. I even love a good outlandish hard to believe story line. But for some reason this one is just sitting on my DVR these days.

I'm not liking the current storylines as much lately either, but for now, I'm still watching and hoping.

I rarely give up on a show that I've watched more than one season of, but this year there has been several. I haven't even bothered to watch a single episode of The Resident, 911, New Amsterdam, or The Good Doctor. I almost didn't make it through Grey's last year, but I'm still watching this season.

Our biggest one though is The Walking Dead. This was the only series we consistently watched together as a family (our kids were in their teens). Every Sunday night we would fill our plates and settle in down in the basement family room to watch. If one of us couldn't watch, we would wait and watch it later together. I don't remember what season it was, but we quit watching after the episode when "Lucille" was introduced. It was just too much for all of us. None of us actually stated we were done with it, but that was the last Sunday we all gathered together to watch it. I hated it when the series turned from fighting the zombies to fighting other humans.

Kids are grown now, and although we still do a lot together as a family, I do miss those Sundays gathered around the t.v.!

...Every Sunday night we would fill our plates and settle in down in the basement family room to watch. If one of us couldn't watch, we would wait and watch it later together. I don't remember what season it was, but we quit watching after the episode when "Lucille" was introduced...
You were not alone all of our family bailed too, never watched another episode they crossed the line way to far for us.

I rarely give up on a show that I've watched more than one season of, but this year there has been several. I haven't even bothered to watch a single episode of The Resident, 911, New Amsterdam, or The Good Doctor. I almost didn't make it through Grey's last year, but I'm still watching this season.

Our biggest one though is The Walking Dead. This was the only series we consistently watched together as a family (our kids were in their teens). Every Sunday night we would fill our plates and settle in down in the basement family room to watch. If one of us couldn't watch, we would wait and watch it later together. I don't remember what season it was, but we quit watching after the episode when "Lucille" was introduced. It was just too much for all of us. None of us actually stated we were done with it, but that was the last Sunday we all gathered together to watch it. I hated it when the series turned from fighting the zombies to fighting other humans.

Kids are grown now, and although we still do a lot together as a family, I do miss those Sundays gathered around the t.v.!
You're not missing anything with The Resident. I love medical dramas but I've pretty much lost interest this season.

but we quit watching after the episode when "Lucille" was introduced. It was just too much for all of us. None of us actually stated we were done with it, but that was the last Sunday we all gathered together to watch it. I hated it when the series turned from fighting the zombies to fighting other humans.

Exactly! I can handle all sorts of monsters, but not cruelty for the sake of cruelty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter