TV Programs that a death hit ya hard

Luke Perry in real life so his character Fred on Riverdale
Mark Green- ER
Nate FIscher- Six Feet Under

Alex - Roswell
Juliet, Libby, Ana Lucia - Lost
Charlie and Etta - Fringe
Finn and Lexa - The 100
Shiva, Glenn, Tara, Enid, Tyreese, Benjamin, Jesus, Siddiq, Denise - Walking Dead
Hook, Rumplestiltskin, Neil, Sheriff Graham - Once Upon a Time

Itchy on the Itchy and Scratchy Show

ford family

Itchy is the mouse, though there is the one time where "Scratchy finally gets Itchy!" Unfortunately, the nerds unplugged the TV for their rock tumbler and Bart and Lisa missed it. As Krusty says afterward, "Wow! They'll bever let us show that again, not in a millinon years!" Maybe it's finally available on the all Krusty streaming service. 😉

Last edited:
Lucy & Mark Greene - ER... but, also, the episode “Love’s Labor Lost” on ER

Derek Shepherd - Grey’s Anatomy

Sybil Crowley - Downton Abbey

Lori, Hershel, & Glenn - The Walking Dead

Lincoln - The 100

Charles Vane - Black Sails

Jenna & Enzo - The Vampire Diaries

Charlie - LOST, the first time I watched it

Juliet & Sun/Jin - LOST, whenever I re-watch it... for, whatever reason, Charlie’s death doesn’t affect me the same way it did the 1st time, &, now, it’s these 3 deaths which always affect me more

All of mine have already been mentioned:
Sybil - Downton Abby
Nate - Six Feet Under
Mark Green - ER

Mark Green makes me cry every time. POP shows like 7 hours of ER every weekday morning and since quarantine, I have half watched the entire series 4 times now - maybe 5?? It's a show I can have on for background noise and most of the time I'm not paying attention, but when Mark gets sick and eventually dies, I can't help but pay attention and cry all over again.

Mark Green- ER (we refused to watch another episode after he died, still won't watch reruns)
EJ Dimera- Days of Our Lives (the scenes with Sami and Ejs body were so emotional. Although he's supposedly alive now... even if the role is recast it won't be the same)

this is an excellant thread to survey our ages, interests and insights..... diverse we are here....alas. I am the loner here...

Mrs Landingham and Simon Donovon.....I saw the death of Simon coming...told my wife before it happened....I just never saw Allison Janney having a happy TV character...and she didn't....still sad to watch her new TV character

as for Mrs Landingham....I jumped out of my chair and yelled..."They killed Mrs. Landingham, they killed Mrs Landingham. " did not see that coming as we indeed all felt hearbroken with Col. Blake. But Mrs. Landingham???? I guess the script needed a new twist for the next season. ....and I am the only one who still feels heartbroken about mrs Landingham..... wife says because it rhymes with Ms Havisham...I knew my students would get revenge on my drudgery of literature toil.

Mark Green- ER (we refused to watch another episode after he died, still won't watch reruns)

I actually stopped watching then too. I didn't like the way they did the whole cancer story and he beat it, then they went back to it to kill him off. They didn't have to do that to write him out or could have at least made it more interesting. I did try to watch it the next episode but that's when Romano got his arm chopped off by the helicopter and I turned it off immediately. It was gratuitous, but also I was tired of the show only creating drama by injuring or killing their characters - I jsut checked out. The early seasons sure were great though!

Not TVPrograms but movies for me.

1. Gus McCrae from Lonesome Dove....still stings to this day lol
2. Goose in Top Gun
3. Meg Ryan’s character in City of Angels

In regards to Goose from Top Gun. Many people do not realize that they are watching the real footage of stuntman Art Scholl being killed when he hit the canopy in that scene. My father knew Art and the passion that he had for his craft was phenomonal. He was 53 and died doing what he loved. When my dad took me to the theater to see it, he shared with me just before the movie started what had happened. I was 11 and I remember "Artie" passing away, but to actually see it....and the fact they kept the scene in the film...hard to accept, but his family was ok with it. They did dedicate the movie to him, but you have to watch all the way to the end of the credits to see the dedication.

Peter Duel as Hannibal Hayes in Alias Smith and Jones. They didn't kill the character off after Peter Duel died. They replaced him with another actor. It was never the same for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter