TV and cable question...

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by shawn mazzerle, Jun 14, 2018 at 3:15 PM.

1. shawn mazzerle

shawn mazzerle Earning My Ears

My camping TV just died. The replacement is going to my extra Hannspree monitor, which I have Directv hooked to currently. It does not coaxial inputs, only HDMI. I know you can "rent" a converter from the Meadow Trading post, if available. Does anybody have a picture or intel on what this thing looks like? Does it have coaxial in and HDMI out? Remote?
    Thanks.

2. PaHunter

PaHunter Photographer in need of training...

3. tripleb

tripleb Mouseketeer

Don't know what size TV you have that died, but Tv's are dirt cheap anymore. Check out Walmart for something under 150 bucks.

4. Teamubr

Teamubr Formerly racing around the country.

My big Vizio at home is essentially a "monitor". It doesn't have a TV tuner built in. There are many digital tuner boxes for under $40. Most convert OTA (Over the Air) digital antenna signals to TV channels. Nearly all have HDMI outputs (along with coax, VGA and RGB)

HERE is one that says it does cable TV (what you will have at your site) and OTA digital (from an antenna, if you have one). Cheaper than a new TV if you already have a monitor you want to use.

j

5. bigdisneydaddy

bigdisneydaddy <Font color=purple>wife, kids, camper, beer, ticke

The Meadow trading post did have "converter boxes" for the TV and would loan them similar to the way they loan the modems. Its purpose was to allow TV's that were not compatible with their Direct TV system to receive the signal. Our Emerson would not work with the Forts system without the converter box. I dont recall what type of connections the box has.

morrik5 likes this.