TV and cable question...

shawn mazzerle

Earning My Ears
My camping TV just died. The replacement is going to my extra Hannspree monitor, which I have Directv hooked to currently. It does not coaxial inputs, only HDMI. I know you can "rent" a converter from the Meadow Trading post, if available. Does anybody have a picture or intel on what this thing looks like? Does it have coaxial in and HDMI out? Remote?
Thanks.

Don't know what size TV you have that died, but Tv's are dirt cheap anymore. Check out Walmart for something under 150 bucks.

My big Vizio at home is essentially a "monitor". It doesn't have a TV tuner built in. There are many digital tuner boxes for under $40. Most convert OTA (Over the Air) digital antenna signals to TV channels. Nearly all have HDMI outputs (along with coax, VGA and RGB)

HERE is one that says it does cable TV (what you will have at your site) and OTA digital (from an antenna, if you have one). Cheaper than a new TV if you already have a monitor you want to use.

j

The Meadow trading post did have "converter boxes" for the TV and would loan them similar to the way they loan the modems. Its purpose was to allow TV's that were not compatible with their Direct TV system to receive the signal. Our Emerson would not work with the Forts system without the converter box. I dont recall what type of connections the box has.

We had one TV we had to get a box for too when we went down there a few years back. If I remember correctly, the only outputs it had was an RF output to send signal to channel 3/4 or RCA outputs. I don't believe it had HDMI. (Keeping in mind this was a couple of years ago.) But as @bigdisneydaddy said, they should still have them at the Meadows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!