TS Restaurants where you must use 1 credit per person at the table - ala Via Napoli?

ontheuptick

Mouseketeer
My family of 6 will be on the DxDP. My plan was for several of the TS restaurants that aren't Buffet/Family Style (like Sci-Fi, Hacienda de San Angel, Mama Melrose, Via Napoli) to use 3 credits - therefore share between our family 3 apps, 3 entrees, and 3 desserts. This would be more than enough food.

I then saw when searching the forum that Via Napoli is strict in that everyone sitting at the table must use a credit - no sharing of meals. Besides thee ridiculousness of this, are there any others that are the same that I'm unaware of?

I then saw when searching the forum that Via Napoli is strict in that everyone sitting at the table must use a credit - no sharing of meals. Besides thee ridiculousness of this, are there any others that are the same that I'm unaware of?

I can't think of any others that are a definite no, but you could run into it at any of the non-Disney owned restaurants. It's not likely, but you could.

As to Via Napoli, everyone doesn't have to use a credit, but everyone does have to order something. With the DxDDP, I can't imagine paying OOP for anything, so I would skip VN for this trip and eat somewhere else.

Now I’m just curious. If you are getting 18 credits per night, but plan on using 3 per meal, what are you doing w all the extra credits?

Now I’m just curious. If you are getting 18 credits per night, but plan on using 3 per meal, what are you doing w all the extra credits?
Ah ha ha, great question :)

Family of 6. Getting 2 rooms at CBR. Room 1 is myself and my 3, 5, 9yo. So, DxDP for the that room because I've got 3 kids in there, so paying a great price. So, we have 12 credits per night (8 night trip). Then, my wife and 12yo son are in the other connecting room - No DP. But, we will share credits between rooms and use the 12 credits per day for all of us.

So, for our 96 credits we are doing:
HDDR - 12
Cinderella's Table - 12
Chefs Candelight Processional Package - 12
Ohana, Boma, 1900 PF, Artists Point Storybook Dinner, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, etc, etc...

So, we are using lots of credits on a few meals, and I just know that at some of those sit down restaurants where we get Apps, Entree, and Desserts - AND can order Adult meals, I don't need 6x of each of those. 3x will be plenty!

Back to the original question - no others that anyone is aware of?

Meaning, I can walk into Sci Fi or La Hacienda or another and the 6 of us can use 3 TS credits and order our 3 Apps, Entrees, Desserts and share?

I then saw when searching the forum that Via Napoli is strict in that everyone sitting at the table must use a credit - no sharing of meals. Besides thee ridiculousness of this
No ridiculousness. Participating restaurants are, by contract, permitted to place their own restrictions.
Then, my wife and 12yo son are in the other connecting room
Reminder: not necessarily provide inside or possible.
Meaning, I can walk into Sci Fi or La Hacienda or another and the 6 of us can use 3 TS credits and order our 3 Apps, Entrees, Desserts and share?
Yes, absolutely. You might want to check the pinned "sharing" thread, because I've been wrong before, though :)

Back to the original question - no others that anyone is aware of?

You SHOULD be able to do this. Reality is, the restaurants can change their policy on this at any time, and at the end of 2018, many of them did. If you do happen upon a place that says everyone has to order, you can probably push back a bit and/or ask for a manager. The PDF does NOT say that everyone has to order, but it also does NOT say that you can order and share.

Ah ha ha, great question :)

Family of 6. Getting 2 rooms at CBR. Room 1 is myself and my 3, 5, 9yo. So, DxDP for the that room because I've got 3 kids in there, so paying a great price. So, we have 12 credits per night (8 night trip). Then, my wife and 12yo son are in the other connecting room - No DP. But, we will share credits between rooms and use the 12 credits per day for all of us.

Just so you are aware, you may have connecting rooms, but there is no way of knowing until you are at the resort. Disney does not guarantee connecting rooms, as they do not block out rooms as we book them. Odds are in your favor, but there is a chance you won't have connecting rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!