Trying to link DVC to Disneyland account

TinkerTay

... A Pirate’s Life for Me
I have a VGC reservation in September. I plan on buying 5-day park hopper tickets when I’m able, (no military tix for us this year :sad:) but won’t be able to make reservations for the park days until July, I assume. I am trying to link all that I can, to make things as easy as I can, and I can’t link my DVC account to the Disneyland account, it keeps telling me my user name for DVC isn’t a valid name. Has anyone been able to successfully link them? I am losing my mind trying to do it, I have no idea why it won’t work, my log in name/password is stored in my iPad and fills in automatically, so I know it’s correct. Help! TIA... :)

I have a VGC reservation in September. I plan on buying 5-day park hopper tickets when I’m able, (no military tix for us this year :sad:) but won’t be able to make reservations for the park days until July, I assume. I am trying to link all that I can, to make things as easy as I can, and I can’t link my DVC account to the Disneyland account, it keeps telling me my user name for DVC isn’t a valid name. Has anyone been able to successfully link them? I am losing my mind trying to do it, I have no idea why it won’t work, my log in name/password is stored in my iPad and fills in automatically, so I know it’s correct. Help! TIA... :)

When I input my name and pw, it said "You're set!" but when I go back to check, it still doesn't show up. I even logged out and back in. Another Disney glitch. I honestly don't know why linking is required. They already make you use the same email and pw across all Disney accounts.

This doesn't appear to be functioning yet. And I can't think of much use for it at DLR (yet). At WDW, your DVC account is linked to your account/Magic Band and you get little perks like "Welcome Home" when you scan into a gate.

My current theory is that DLR has been integrating/borrowing tech and features from WDW. Whether they are going to merge/synch the systems entirely, remains to be seen. But they are slowly looking very similar, including the two Apps.

While you can't yet link your membership, you can link your VGC reservation as of a couple weeks ago. That was not possible before. I thought it might be related to a Hotel Guest "bucket" for park reservations, and that is still possible. But for now, it might only be related to online check-in which is recommended for their low-touch reopening plan.

If you haven't already done it, definitely try to link your reservation to your account, and see what happens. It should display your entire party as well. Maybe by the time you park reservation opportunity rolls around, it will help (if the buckets have been activated by then).

I figured out that I was able to link the VGC reservation a few weeks ago, so that was already done, although it doesn’t show on the app, only the website. I was able to get our tickets today, although I can’t make the reservations until June. The tickets are now loaded to the app, I just thought it would be nice to have everything linked that I could, for continuity’s sake, especially for reservations later on. I just find it odd that the right hand doesn’t talk to the left, and the app and website don’t seem to communicate. Hopefully it all gets ironed out and we can have some of the same tech at DLR as WDW, since it seems to work pretty smoothly for the most part. (From what I’ve seem/heard, I’ve haven‘t gone to WDW yet... hopefully in the next couple years now that we have DVC)

Last edited:

Go to the website.> My Disneyland > My Hotel Reservations

Enter the reservation #; last name of the primary contact, and the full calendar date of arrival -- that should link the actual reservation and then able to make theme park reservations from that same page.

Go to the website.> My Disneyland > My Hotel Reservations

Enter the reservation #; last name of the primary contact, and the full calendar date of arrival -- that should link the actual reservation and then able to make theme park reservations from that same page.

That's what I did and it says Our records don’t show a reservation that matches the information entered.

Hi!! How did you solve the "Our records don't show a reservation that matches the information entered" problem?

It doesn’t show in the app, but linking DVC will give you discounts for mobile ordering. It is supposed to link automatically but you can tell if you get a discount on food (order and get price but don’t purchase).

It doesn’t show in the app, but linking DVC will give you discounts for mobile ordering. It is supposed to link automatically but you can tell if you get a discount on food (order and get price but don’t purchase).

That's a great tip!! I just checked and it does indeed give me discounts for mobile food ordering.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter