Trying to Decide on Dining Plan - Dec 26-Jan 1.

KinderTchr

Mouseketeer
I will be going to WDW Dec 26 - Jan 1 with DH, DD 11 and DS 14. We had planned to go the week before Christmas but that did not work out, so we will be going the week after. DH is very excited about being there New Years Eve. I have gone the week after Christmas several times and I know it will be packed.

What I am trying to decide is whether or not to add DDP to our reservation. I think it would save us money but with the crowds I am not sure I want to be tied down to meal reservations.

Also, if I take small snacks such as 100 calorie pack cookies in my bag, will I have problems at bag checks when entering the park since there is a no outside food rule? What experiences has anyone had with that.

Thanks for any input.

Kaye

Everybody I've spoken to who has done the DDP says that you won't go hungry on it. I think it toatlly depends on how you eat. When we went in January, I was 7 months pregnant and still having "morning sickness" and really had no appetite to speak of. I think it worked out to an additional $37 per day to add the DDP. At the time, I didn't eat that much and it wouldn't have been worth it for us. We will more than likely purchase the DDP on any future (non-pregnant) trips though since we could easily justify the additional cost with me having my normal appetite back.

As far as making the ADRs and feeling tied down to them, I completely understand that. For us, we tend to do our big meal as a late lunch anyhow due to DHs work schedule (4pm-11:30pm). Just about the time we're ready to take a break from the parks 2-2:30 we like to grab a good meal to eat,

I was not aware of any no outside food rule. In fact, I took the 100 calorie packs of snacks in my DDs diaper bag every day and no one said anything about it, so I don't know if there is such a rule in place.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter