Trying to decide ASAP: WL or CR main tower?

ShellyvCTMH

Earning My Ears
I've kinda had my heart set on WL but we were offered a good deal at CR in a tower room with Bay Lake view. Saves us about $500 and that's nearly 1/2 of our airfare. Which would y'all choose & why?

Thanks a million!
Shelly

The CR tower is a great place to stay. You will be within seconds of the monorail. There is nothing like walking out of your room and being on the monorail in 2 mins!

Oh wow, take the Contemporary Bay Lake Tower room & take it NOW before it's gone!

So many reasons... the view, the room decor, the room size, the location, WL's boat transportation is the pits inmyhumbleopinion, access to the monorail, restaurants are far superior, walk to the Magic Kingdom.

Take an evening and go over via the little resort boat from the Contemporary to the Wilderness Lodge and have dinner there, to see it, if you like.

The only thing better at Wilderness Lodge is the pool (WAY better, the Contemporary's is pitiful) and the lobby.

I'd grab CR tower. (And I like WL but to be on the monorail for less $$$ ... no doubt in my mind!

If CR Tower -Bay View is cheaper than you WL reservation by $500+ I would call that a bargain. Just realize bargains may not always equate to a deal.

During our last stay at the WL we ran into a very long term employee who worked at the CR for over a decade..maybe two. He had lots of history and comments. In summary he defined the CR as a resort Disney has changed to cater to conventions. In the process its become sterile (loss of charm as he described it too). He did not recommend it for families due to the changes and what the other resorts offer.

I'm not sure I would pay the price anymore but if you get a low rate it would be worth it. For us we are going to open our considerations next time since many non Disney resort are offering far more for far less.

You would be best in the CR Main Tower because of the view of Bay Lake, the convenience of either walking to the MK or taking the monorail to the Transportation and Ticket Center, Hotels and MK. Also you get better quality service at the Contemporary. If you stay at a WL concierge room it is cheaper that a CR concierge room.

Here is another vote for the Contemporary Bay Lake view, because it's a very easy elevator ride to the 4th floor when you want to look at the shops, the 1st floor when going to the lobby. Plus how can you not beat staying that close to the Magic Kingdom, having the walkway which goes there and using the Monorail anytime you want. So if I were you I would call CRO right now because these types of rooms can sell out very fast and you don't want to be told it got sold out for the dates you are to be at WDW.

Thanks everyone! I am holding the CR reservation but I just am trying to convince myself that it won't be too "cold" there. I like the idea of the warmth of WL but they didn't have rooms during the time I wanted with my PIN code (just learned about all that stuff today). I'm not a contemp kind of person and I wonder how the kids will enjoy it since it just seems like any other building to me, not really a noticeable theme. We're going with another family and it's their first trip and I want it to be really special. Total going are 4 adults, 2 9yr old girls, a 7 yr old girl, and almost 6 yr old girl. You know us girls and decor, lol.

Think of all those small kids being able to WALK to the resort from the Magic Kingdom when they're tired, or when they really need a swim!!! No waiting for the next bus/boat/monorail, just a short walk and they're in the pool.

When we got the code, we switched from the CR to the Poly (no CR rooms available with the code for our week.) My son was SO MAD at me... he was dying to stay at "the hotel the monorail goes through!!!"

Think of all those small kids being able to WALK to the resort from the Magic Kingdom when they're tired, or when they really need a swim!!! No waiting for the next bus/boat/monorail, just a short walk and they're in the pool.
Don't forget that if you leave the Magic Kingdom at the right time you could get right on the Resort Monorail if it's already there and since the Contemporary is the next stop it's a 30 second ride over there. Also since the Monorail station is on the 4th floor of the Tower once you come off the esclator which comes from the Monorail station, all you need to do is take the elevator from the 4th floor up to whatever floor you happen to be staying on.

Thanks everyone! I am holding the CR reservation but I just am trying to convince myself that it won't be too "cold" there. I like the idea of the warmth of WL but they didn't have rooms during the time I wanted with my PIN code (just learned about all that stuff today). I'm not a contemp kind of person and I wonder how the kids will enjoy it since it just seems like any other building to me, not really a noticeable theme. We're going with another family and it's their first trip and I want it to be really special. Total going are 4 adults, 2 9yr old girls, a 7 yr old girl, and almost 6 yr old girl. You know us girls and decor, lol.

I think the larger rooms plus the monorail make the CR a better choice - especially when it's less expensive than WL! And for the other family's first visit, they'll be staying at the "original" WDW resort! :goodvibes

Make time one day and take the boat from CR over to WL. We haven't stayed at WL for several years, but we visit it EVERY trip! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter