TRON review?

Ick, sounds like it’s probably a no go for me. I’ve never ridden RNRC, but I hated Guardians - I didn’t eat before, and the jerky motions still me almost nauseous...and I constantly had to worry about my vertigo kicking in, which I’ve never had to do on even Everest.

Thank you !
We didn't think it was anything like GoG or even RNRC. Nowhere near as intense as RNRC or EE. Tron doesn't have any inversions. Tron is considered a 'family coaster.' Everest is classified as an "extreme' coaster.

The top speed of Tron is 59.3mph, so it goes not-quite-as-fast-as Test Track. But where TT is flat, Tron has some incline, but nothing very steep. (Noting like the drop on Splash or EE.) The track length is 3170 - or at least those are the stats for one in Shanghai. (They are supposedly clones.)

RNRC top speed is 57mph, track 3267feet, but it has 3 inversions and top height is 80 feet. The launch sends rides into the first inversion.

Tron's height is 78 feet, but none of the inclines/drops are steep.

GoG track is much longer: 5577feet and a duration of 3:10min.

Having now ridden GoG multiple times, I think it is important to mention that it really matters where you sit in GoG. On my most recent rides, I was in next to last car, and that was more intense than anywhere else I have been seated. CM's said middle seats are the most tame, but I also felt the front was less intense than the second to rear seat. Also, I think it really helps to relax on GoG, and groove to the music. By that I mean shift your wait to the rhythm. If so, it feels a bit like you are swaying to the music.

EE is 3884feet, top height 112, but with a steep drop of 80 feet. Duration is 2:50min. with a top speed of 50mph.

IMO, Tron is not anywhere near as intense as EE, and it is much shorter. Technically, Tron is 2minutes long, but you are held before the launch. The higher speed portion is only about 59 seconds. Even knowing ahead of time that it was short, when it was over, we all reacted by saying, "That's it?"

One other thing to note is that the vehicle loading is a bit odd. Every other rider has to cross to the far bike, either loading or unloading. It is awkward. It reminds me of a bit of climbing on a carousel horse, only not quite as high.

Last edited:
I’ve not ridden it yet, but imagine it is similar to Hagrid’s at IoA if you’ve tried that, just shorter in duration. With no “surprises”.
Less intense than Hagrid's MCMA and shorter.
Hagrid's is 5053 feet, height 65ft, top speed of 50mph, but it also has a 17ft vertical drop and a vertical rollback. Tron doesn't have anything like that. Hagrid's also has more LSM boosts. Even though the top speed is a little lower on Hagrid's, the multiple launches = more inetnse. It is categorized as "thrill" coaster (between family and extreme.)

For fun:

Slinky: top speed 40mph, height 50feet, 2 minutes, with 2 LSM launches.

I honestly don't think that's the comparison I would use. It's quite different than both SM and GOTG. GOTG has cars that twist with the ride, which is where many folks seem to have issues feeling nauseous. Tron is not nearly as jerky as SM - much smoother and only forward motion. The only thing we found similar to RnRC was the launch. Maybe some day you'll give it a try yourself! If not, as you've said, there are plenty of other attractions for you to enjoy instead!
I’ll probably give it a go this time - it can’t hurt. If I don’t like it, no biggie, but if I love it, then I have a new favorite ride. I’ll never know if I don’t try!

Thank you!

My preteen/teenage kids loved Tron. We were able to join the 7am virtual queue and the 6pm virtual queue. The first queue we were more in the middle of the ride vehicles. For the second queue my kids got to sit in the front and they loved it!! One of them liked it more than Guardians.

I would say if you like coasters it is definitely worth the hype and even the design of the ride is very neat. When you are exiting the ride vehicles come zooming by you. At night, the lighting is incredible.

The virtual queue is super easy to use if you have time.gov open on a second phone and can refresh right at 6:59:59. We had three people trying for it, 2 on data and 1 on wifi and had no problems.
Thanks ! I’m excited all over again - I’m going in with the assumption I’m going to love it !

We didn't think it was anything like GoG or even RNRC. Nowhere near as intense as RNRC or EE. Tron doesn't have any inversions. Tron is considered a 'family coaster.' Everest is classified as an "extreme' coaster.

The top speed of Tron is 59.3mph, so it goes not-quite-as-fast-as Test Track. But where TT is flat, Tron has some incline, but nothing very steep. (Noting like the drop on Splash or EE.) The track length is 3170 - or at least those are the stats for one in Shanghai. (They are supposedly clones.)

RNRC top speed is 57mph, track 3267feet, but it has 3 inversions and top height is 80 feet. The launch sends rides into the first inversion.

Tron's height is 78 feet, but none of the inclines/drops are steep.

GoG track is much longer: 5577feet and a duration of 3:10min.

Having now ridden GoG multiple times, I think it is important to mention that it really matters where you sit in GoG. On my most recent rides, I was in next to last car, and that was more intense than anywhere else I have been seated. CM's said middle seats are the most tame, but I also felt the front was less intense than the second to rear seat. Also, I think it really helps to relax on GoG, and groove to the music. By that I mean shift your wait to the rhythm. If so, it feels a bit like you are swaying to the music.

EE is 3884feet, top height 112, but with a steep drop of 80 feet. Duration is 2:50min. with a top speed of 50mph.

IMO, Tron is not anywhere near as intense as EE, and it is much shorter. Technically, Tron is 2minutes long, but you are held before the launch. The higher speed portion is only about 59 seconds. Even knowing ahead of time that it was short, when it was over, we all reacted by saying, "That's it?"

One other thing to note is that the vehicle loading is a bit odd. Every other rider has to cross to the far bike, either loading or unloading. It is awkward. It reminds me of a bit of climbing on a carousel horse, only not quite as high.
Thank you so much for this ! I’m sure I’ll like it - whether I love it and it becomes a favorite ? To be determined...

I couldn't agree more! I have ridden GOG some 30 times now (I am a SUPER FAN lol) and always have found the back 2 cars (4 rows of seats) to be the best. I might add, if you've enjoyed some of EPCOT's fine adult beverages (insert captain & cokes from Rose & Crown here) that a little buzzed GOG while enjoying the music is FANTASTIC!!

TRON is short. It's not as intense as Guardians, or RNR, and or Everest. As a coaster, Guardians is lightyears ahead of TRON in many respects.
If you, or the person you are riding with cannot fit your items into a locker, you will not be able to ride together. All items must fit, or you will have to switch off while one of you waits in the locker room area. The VQ time frame is extremely strict. There can be a significant wait to reach the tap in point during busy periods. If you don't reach the tap in point before your window closes, they will turn you away. It will not matter when you showed up to wait to get to the tap in point.

It was fun, but I can't really say that I'm a fan. It has a lot of issues, though it does look cool at night.

TRON is short. It's not as intense as Guardians, or RNR, and or Everest. As a coaster, Guardians is lightyears ahead of TRON in many respects.
If you, or the person you are riding with cannot fit your items into a locker, you will not be able to ride together.
Can you wear glasses on the ride? Can you have stuff in your pockets?

It’s…fine. I was expecting something different? Now full disclosure I rode in the back car that sits up bc my son didn’t want to do the bike. My husband who rode the bike liked it more than me. Neither of us like it more that GOTG. It’s very short. It’s not NOT fun but it’s definitely not something I thought about much after riding it. I will ride it again in November and sit in a real seat and see if I like it more but I wouldn’t go out of my way to ride it as of now. Now Guardians…so fun!

Can you wear glasses on the ride? Can you have stuff in your pockets?
I saw people wear glasses. There is a small (and it is small) container that latches shut right in front of your chest on your cycle, so you can utilize that for a phone, for example. Just don't forget it when you get up. I think they want anything out of pockets that don't button or zip.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but search is not always your friend on the boards :)

People size wise, I always hear about Tron being a tight fit, but in comparison, is Guardians the same way? Thanks!

My family all wore their glasses on Tron. We put our phones in the little storage pocket and everything else went in the locker.

Keep in mind, when you return to your locker, it will open from the opposite side, so the front of the locker becomes the back upon return. We had a bunch of loose items and a backpack and would have arranged it better. We needed the flash light on the cell phone to make sure we got it all out. My dh had loose coins in there.

The launch is intense, but the rest of the ride is not. It’s a very short ride.

My dh has huge calves and the restraints left an imprint on his one leg.

Compared to Guardians, Tron is shorter and more tame. Compared to Rock n Roller, Tron is much smoother and no upside down.

The outdoor portion of the queue will be brutal on hot and humid days.

Parts of the inside queue have the potential to bother someone who is claustrophobic. The bike itself could feel a bit claustrophobic too. We went during preview so we walked through that part of the queue quickly and it’s definitely single file for adults.

My dh has no desire to ride it ever again. My ds can’t wait to ride it again. I’ll ride it again, but it’s not really on my to do list.

I will pass on another tip someone told me prior to riding, that I think was valuable. If you use the lockers, they are keyed to open for you, and you put your stuff in. When you go to take your stuff out, don't let your door close on you before you have everything out. If it closes with your stuff still in it, you can't get it open again. We had one person whose job was just to hold the door open while we removed everything. lol

Thank you for all the replies ! Honestly, it seems like a lot of work for not a lot in return. I’d like to try it, but I don’t feel an urgent need to - as an AP holder, I can always come back. I’m kind of hoping that other rides will have less waits due to TRON popularity

Haven't ridden Tron, but TestTrack is only fast for the last portion of the ride that runs around the outside of the building. It accelerates quickly, but smoothly on a curved/sloped track.

Haven't ridden Tron, but TestTrack is only fast for the last portion of the ride that runs around the outside of the building. It accelerates quickly, but smoothly on a curved/sloped track.
TT is one of my all time favorite rides...I use the single rider line to ride over and over

We rode it 3 times on Wednesday.
It's fun, short, but cool. I like to ride sitting upright with my arms out (flying). You will see people doing this. It's a great way to make it more thrilling. (The photos aren't bad either).
Very smooth. Guardians is a better coaster tho.
Enjoy!

We rode it 3 times on Wednesday.
It's fun, short, but cool. I like to ride sitting upright with my arms out (flying). You will see people doing this. It's a great way to make it more thrilling. (The photos aren't bad either).
Very smooth. Guardians is a better coaster tho.
Enjoy!
I saw a few people sitting upright with arms out and was thoroughly impressed. How were you all able to sit like that? I was pressed flat against the bike once the back restraint came down. If I didn't keep my neck up I would be staring at the handle the entire time.

For us the initial launch was the highlight. If your like RnR it's like that....except there's another gear! While I wish it was longer....it gives an immense boost of rollercoaster swag to MK.

The nice thing about this ride is after the first initial 0 to 60 it's super smooth. Every barely tall enough kid I saw get off the ride loved it. While I love GotG, I understand the issues it gives a lot of people due to the motion. Tron gives GotG level thrills without the nausea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter