TRON review?

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I feel like I must be missing something, but for all the chatter about Tron before it opened, I haven’t read any reviews of the ride.

For those who have been, how would you describe it? Is it similar to FoP (which I adore) ? Is it worth the hype?

Thanks !

First observation; you really are "on your belly" on the ride. I was expecting to sit like FoP, but it isn't like that, it is much more body forward. You have to use a little "oomph" to hold your head up (which they warn you about). Your calves are cupped as though you are kneeling. It wasn't uncomfortable to me, just surprised me.

Last observation; it goes really fast, meaning it is over fast, it's a short ride.

Middle observations; it was fun, didn't feel jerky at all, not quite as smooth as guardians but very close. I do want to ride it again, as I only got to ride once. You don't have to know Tron to enjoy it, but it is neat for a GenXer to be able to ride a light cycle. lol

Last edited:
I haven't ridden it yet, will be there next week. But I've seen a ton of videos and what I've taken away is to make sure you try out the tester seat first. Evidently if you have any issues with weight, height or swinging you leg over something, you should test it first. I plan on testing it because I do have old knees and hips and GERD so sometimes putting pressure on my chest/stomach isn't a good idea.

I really enjoy TRON. It is a very short ride, but exhilarating. I am a big fella (6'4" 260lbs) and I fit on the ride relatively easily, though if I don't position my legs correctly, the calf restraint and the piece you rest your shins on can be a tad uncomfortable. But the music and the ride itself are definitely worth a try to any adrenaline junkie!!
Guardian's is still my ultimate favorite theme park attraction ever!! Enjoy

Tron is a really smooth ride. Despite its awkward seating position it's really not uncomfortable. The vehicle goes really fast, one of the fastest ride vehicles at WDW.

For those that dislike coasters though (me) it was one and done.

I really enjoy TRON. It is a very short ride, but exhilarating. I am a big fella (6'4" 260lbs) and I fit on the ride relatively easily, though if I don't position my legs correctly, the calf restraint and the piece you rest your shins on can be a tad uncomfortable. But the music and the ride itself are definitely worth a try to any adrenaline junkie!!
Guardian's is still my ultimate favorite theme park attraction ever!! Enjoy
Thanks for the info. 6’4” 190lbs here, good to know height won’t be an issue!

It goes so quickly that it seems the ride is over before you know it. The indoor portion is really reminiscent of Guardians. I think Guardian is far superior to Tron in every way. I don't tend to get motion sickness, so those who do would probably disagree with me on that front.

That said, I am glad Tron is in Tomorrowland. It is gorgeous at night and adds visual excitement/movement to that end of the park. Plus, we needed a new attraction to suck up crowds.

I'd agree with a lot of sentiment here. Tron is a fun ride for sure and should be tried at least once, but it's nothing overly special (IMO). It's super smooth which I appreciate and I do like how fast it is and how I feel like I'm flying. But the seat is definitely not the most comfortable and my biggest complain is that is far too short. I love a lot of the elements in the queue and in the ride itself, I just wish it was a longer experience. Overall, I think it is a good addition to MK but I don't think it is something I have to ride every time I visit (unlike Guardians, which I love).

It’s as fast as RnRC and very smooth like Guardians. Really fun!
Ick, sounds like it’s probably a no go for me. I’ve never ridden RNRC, but I hated Guardians - I didn’t eat before, and the jerky motions still me almost nauseous...and I constantly had to worry about my vertigo kicking in, which I’ve never had to do on even Everest.

Thank you !

First observation; you really are "on your belly" on the ride. I was expecting to sit like FoP, but it isn't like that, it is much more body forward. You have to use a little "oomph" to hold your head up (which they warn you about). Your calves are cupped as though you are kneeling. It wasn't uncomfortable to me, just surprised me.

Last observation; it goes really fast, meaning it is over fast, it's a short ride.

Middle observations; it was fun, didn't feel jerky at all, not quite as smooth as guardians but very close. I do want to ride it again, as I only got to ride once. You don't have to know Tron to enjoy it, but it is neat for a GenXer to be able to ride a light cycle. lol
Thanks! I don’t think I‘m going to bother this time...there are so many other rides at MK that won’t require as much work to enjoy, and if it’s really that short, I’d probably be disappointed even if I liked it...

Tron is a really smooth ride. Despite its awkward seating position it's really not uncomfortable. The vehicle goes really fast, one of the fastest ride vehicles at WDW.

For those that dislike coasters though (me) it was one and done.

I like fast rides, but it almost sounds like a mini Space Mountain/GoG mash up....If I ever decide to ride it, I suspect I’d be one and done, too

Thanks!

My preteen/teenage kids loved Tron. We were able to join the 7am virtual queue and the 6pm virtual queue. The first queue we were more in the middle of the ride vehicles. For the second queue my kids got to sit in the front and they loved it!! One of them liked it more than Guardians.

I would say if you like coasters it is definitely worth the hype and even the design of the ride is very neat. When you are exiting the ride vehicles come zooming by you. At night, the lighting is incredible.

The virtual queue is super easy to use if you have time.gov open on a second phone and can refresh right at 6:59:59. We had three people trying for it, 2 on data and 1 on wifi and had no problems.

I like fast rides, but it almost sounds like a mini Space Mountain/GoG mash up....If I ever decide to ride it, I suspect I’d be one and done, too

Thanks!
I honestly don't think that's the comparison I would use. It's quite different than both SM and GOTG. GOTG has cars that twist with the ride, which is where many folks seem to have issues feeling nauseous. Tron is not nearly as jerky as SM - much smoother and only forward motion. The only thing we found similar to RnRC was the launch. Maybe some day you'll give it a try yourself! If not, as you've said, there are plenty of other attractions for you to enjoy instead!

I’ve not ridden it yet, but imagine it is similar to Hagrid’s at IoA if you’ve tried that, just shorter in duration. With no “surprises”.

I’ve not ridden it yet, but imagine it is similar to Hagrid’s at IoA if you’ve tried that, just shorter in duration. With no “surprises”.
There are similarities, but also differences! Less storyline and 'watching' with Tron. I guess we seem to be saying Tron is its own attraction, with bits and pieces of others!! Loved Hagrid's, too....!

It was a unique ride. Felt like you were flying through the air, without the swirling motion of Guardians. I was concerned about the screens and flashing lights, but those didn't bother me at all.

Agreed that it's a fun, fast, short ride with an exceptional outdoor queue! Highly recommend waiting to ride in the front row-- it's exhilarating to see the track spool out in front of you, particularly during the launch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter