TRON review?

I feel like I must be missing something, but for all the chatter about Tron before it opened, I haven’t read any reviews of the ride.

For those who have been, how would you describe it? Is it similar to FoP (which I adore) ? Is it worth the hype?

Thanks !
We are now on our way home from Disney. I don’t do the thrill rides, but my husband and teen daughter do. They were excited to try Tron. While they liked it, they didn’t want to do it again, even though there was opportunity to do so. They loved Guardians most! Rode it multiple times during our week there. Rise was runner up and they still love their ToT.

We are now on our way home from Disney. I don’t do the thrill rides, but my husband and teen daughter do. They were excited to try Tron. While they liked it, they didn’t want to do it again, even though there was opportunity to do so. They loved Guardians most! Rode it multiple times during our week there. Rise was runner up and they still love their ToT.
I really dislike GoG, lol - it was far more intense than I thought, and almost made me nauseous. I did ToT once a long time ago - that was enough, lol. I’m sure I’ll like TRON - we’ll see if I love it; can’t wait!

We thought it was fun, but won't bother competing for a virtual queue spot (and definitely won't pay for it). Way too short!

Now Guardians...

is this right duration time 90 seconds? This is got to be a total joke.
wait A hour ride a minute and a half, really? Got to think Disney went overboard, if this is right.

About 90 seconds

Including the pre-launch "upload sequence" that moves riders to the launch area, TRON Lightcycle / Run lasts for about 90 seconds until Users return to the boarding area.
info on the web , hopefully it is wrong

is this right duration time 90 seconds? This is got to be a total joke.
wait A hour ride a minute and a half, really? Got to think Disney went overboard, if this is right.
Rock n Roller is short, too.

I was there last week and rode it. I actually got the 1:00 VQ, slept too late to get the 7 am one. Background, I'm a 66 years old smallish woman with bad knees and osteopenia in my spine. I tried the test seat before the ride just to see if it was going to hurt my knees and how hard it was going to be to throw my leg over.

It did not hurt my knees but it did take me a tad longer than a younger person to throw my leg over. I think that was a problem of short legs and wider/higher seat to throw said leg over.

The ride itself was fun, it was smooth and going from inside to outside to inside sort of added a layer. I had the opportunity to try for another VQ later in the week and didn't bother. Nothing against the ride I just didn't want to have to be tied down to having to worry about when my number would be called. I'll probably ride it again next trip but it won't be something I'll try to ride twice in one trip.

There is no comparison to GOTG since the actual ride vehicle is different and acts different. The first time I rode GOTG I swore it was the last time, I had to sit for a hour afterwards in the shade and sip water. I wanted to give it another chance this trip so Bonine for the win. I'm a diver and have always taken it for dive trips. I arrived at WDW on Sat. afternoon and took one that night before going to bed. I took one each morning after that. Taking one the night before allows it to get into your system. I was able to ride GOTG with my eyes open and actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure I'd ever try to ride it twice in a trip either but again it's an issue of being tied down to a time. I'm not a fan of VQ's, my family are really seat of our pants type people, we don't buy Genie+ or ILLs for that reason (plus I'm cheap and don't mind standing in line).

My daughter and I rode three times Wednesday night this past week (April 19, $ILL, 1pm and 6pm VQs) and we had a blast! We had an 8:35 $ILL and the progression of the boarding groups made it clear that our 1pm BG would be called right around the same time. So what was a short ride for sure was helped by the fact that we knew we were about to ride again. Turns out our boarding group was called as we were on the ride! We got off our first run, watched some fireworks from under the canopy (great spot!) and then got back on the VQ line while the fireworks continued. It was a walk on at that time. For the 6pm VQ, we got called back at about 10:45 and it was a walk on at that point too.

I don’t think we would buy $ILL again, unless it was to ensure we could ride at night and knew exactly when our turn would be. We’d be more likely to hop on line right before closing once the VQ is eventually retired. Either way, it was a fun ride!

Despite my wimpyness for drops or steep hills that cause the weightless tummy sensation, I do want to ride as much as possible. I would appreciate ride comparisons to DW & Universal rides; I love Big Thunder, GoTG & Mine Train and can handle Space Mountain. I did Splash a few times when the kids were small so they could experience it but I HATED that last drop and now won't do it since they can ride on their own. I love Slinky Dog so I deal with that first drop by hoping to get the first car and clenching up on the hill. I don't have any trouble with the drop on RoTR and love Star Tours and FoP. I loved Hagrids (last motorbike MUCH preferred), Gringotts, & the Mummy. I won't ever attempt R&R, ToT, or Everest or any of the big Universal coasters.

Can I handle Tron? Its the big drops that get me.

PS: I did look through the other threads and didn't see anything specific to drops....

I didn't feel Tron in my stomach like you're talking about. The thrill I felt on Tron is more from acceleration and wind hitting your face. The loops and drop is circular so there wasn't as much of that freefall feeling, know what I mean? It's very similar to being on a motorcycle especially a fast sport one. I loved it!

If you can handle Hagrid you can handle this. Tron is tighter due to being indoors but I don't feel like the "drops" were any worse than Hagrid. Toughest part is the launch IMO.

BTW, to be clear there are no upside down loops on Tron.

I love Slinky Dog so I deal with that first drop by hoping to get the first car and clenching up on the hill.
I’m also a ride wimp who cannot do drops. I have a bad neck. Can you elaborate about the drop on Slinky Dog? I was hoping to be able to do this one.

I’m also a ride wimp who cannot do drops. I have a bad neck. Can you elaborate about the drop on Slinky Dog? I was hoping to be able to do this one.
You can probably find videos online that will help since Slinky is all outside. To me the drop looks intimitading but I find that in practice, the car slows up as it starts down the hill making it less intense. The first car is the least intense because you are waiting for Slinky's butt to catch up but I can still tolerate being in the last car.
My problem with Tron was that part of the ride is indoors making it hard to determine drops from the videos.

It sounds like I will be able to do Tron, yay! Thank you for the responses.

Despite my wimpyness for drops or steep hills that cause the weightless tummy sensation, I do want to ride as much as possible. I would appreciate ride comparisons to DW & Universal rides; I love Big Thunder, GoTG & Mine Train and can handle Space Mountain. I did Splash a few times when the kids were small so they could experience it but I HATED that last drop and now won't do it since they can ride on their own. I love Slinky Dog so I deal with that first drop by hoping to get the first car and clenching up on the hill. I don't have any trouble with the drop on RoTR and love Star Tours and FoP. I loved Hagrids (last motorbike MUCH preferred), Gringotts, & the Mummy. I won't ever attempt R&R, ToT, or Everest or any of the big Universal coasters.

PS: I did look through the other threads and didn't see anything specific to drops....
You can totally handle Tron! I am an even bigger coaster wimp than you, GotG was a one and done for me. I’ve been on Tron twice and will go e chance I get. BTMRR, 7DMT and Slinky Dog are favorites of mine. I also love FoP, Star Tours and ROTR. I really think you’ll be fine!

The actual launch to deceleration portion is what, 45 seconds or so? I'd say even if you don't like it, you won't be on it for long, so it's low risk as far as trying it out.

The ride feels like a game demo or a movie preview, way too short. Could’ve been great but it’s over as fast as it began.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter