TRON review?

Super fun. Super short. Way to much build up to how intense the ride is with what it delivers. Totally enjoyed it but more on par with a sub-Rockin Rollercoaster than a Guardians. And definitely too short for what you get.

Despite my wimpyness for drops or steep hills that cause the weightless tummy sensation, I do want to ride as much as possible. I would appreciate ride comparisons to DW & Universal rides; I love Big Thunder, GoTG & Mine Train and can handle Space Mountain. I did Splash a few times when the kids were small so they could experience it but I HATED that last drop and now won't do it since they can ride on their own. I love Slinky Dog so I deal with that first drop by hoping to get the first car and clenching up on the hill. I don't have any trouble with the drop on RoTR and love Star Tours and FoP. I loved Hagrids (last motorbike MUCH preferred), Gringotts, & the Mummy. I won't ever attempt R&R, ToT, or Everest or any of the big Universal coasters.

Can I handle Tron? Its the big drops that get me.

PS: I did look through the other threads and didn't see anything specific to drops....
Oh my gosh you sound just like me!!! Im so happy to hear you enjoy those three coasters at Universal because we are going in December (my first time ever because my parents couldnt justify taking a kid who hates coasters to Universal lol) and I have been on the fence about trying those 3 rides!

Not sure if anyone said it (didn't read through all the replies), but it is AWESOME at night. The ride itself was better than I thought. Only negative is the time in line--even with a VQ--it took over an hour both times we rode it.

Rode it for the first time last week. It's not extremely intense except for that first launch. The speed hits you pretty hard at first. And yes I am somewhat considered a coaster-whimp as I won't do anything that goes upside down. I did RNRC once and I never will again, but I would say the launches are pretty on par with each other. I rode the accessible seat, not because I couldn't fit, but because I just didn't find it comfortable at all when I tried the test seat. I just don't care for that type of ride vehicle (I also do the side car on Hagrid's, even though the bike has a much more natural up-right position on that coaster). My husband, who is a huge Tron fan, did the cycle and loved the ride (but a large part of it was nostalgia for the theme with him). I do agree it was too short, but overall I enjoyed it.

As a follow up, rode it for a second time today and we waited for the front row. What a different experience. Much, much better. Almost a completely different ride. Not having anybody in front of you to look at makes it feel like you on a cycle and racing by yourself. If you have the chance, IMHO, it is well worth whatever extra wait it might be to ride up front.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and did the virtual queue - it took until about 1:30 to get called for our group. We waited around 40 minutes to get on. We loved it! I was very nervous about getting into the seat, but it was no problem. I just kept my back more upright (and kept my head up). It was very fast and exciting, but as everyone mentions, it's over quick! But so worth it. Definitely want to try the first row next time.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it - as others have said, it's fast and smooth! I was a little scared because I swear my back restraint had too much wiggle room, but I was fine. I held on tight though, which kind of hurt my hands. I'd like to ride it agian to take in more scenery, but it's so hard to get on right now. It is short though, but still a nice addition to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter