Tron opening predictions?

They did some videos of telling CMs that they have been chosen to work on The Grid. They often do that for exciting new rides or lands.

Yeah those were a small select group of "operations coordinators" that they had CMs apply for back in September?

I'd think it would take hundreds to open this attraction... and I don't think Disney can pull all those from existing CM pool. But then they do hire more people to meet the demands of the Holidays, so Jan 1st they could have hundreds of CM free to do something new.

Still sticking to April, but don't rule out March or May. But just a wild guess. Anyone wanting to do a Spring trip and want to catch TRON.... June 21st is the end of Spring. ;)

Fingers crossed that I don’t miss the notification for AP previews like I did with the last 2 rides XD I’m usually a big chicken but I’m so excited for this one I’ll be brave!

I'm not a fan of coasters, and with just having neck fusion surgery I'm not gonna even attempt to cross that fear anytime soon. I'm just ready for it to open because I want to take my kids on the train for the their first time ever.

Spring runs until mid June so they cover their butts using seasons instead of dates. I may be imagining things but I had thought disney said it was going to open summer 2022 and it got pushed back earlier this year, late 2021.
Disney never said Summer 2022 for Tron. They said Summer 2022 for Guardians of the Galaxy - and that opened in Spring 2022.

Disney never said Summer 2022 for Tron. They said Summer 2022 for Guardians of the Galaxy - and that opened in Spring 2022.
I think there’s some ongoing confusion over what WDW considers the start of summer, my understanding is that they consider Memorial Day weekend as the start.

(and i’m guessing this post won’t show up)

Spring runs until mid June so they cover their butts using seasons instead of dates. I may be imagining things but I had thought disney said it was going to open summer 2022 and it got pushed back earlier this year, late 2021.
Len from Touring Plans mentioned a couple months ago how marketing could play into the Tron opening date and I think that mixed with the "pipeline" that Disney World has laid out will be the key to opening day. I spelled this out to Len specifically a couple months back on Twitter, but I'm expecting it to open on April 7th. I have no insider information what so ever, but it would make the most sense to me:
  • The 50th anniversary is concluding at the end of March so opening Tron could be used as marketing to showcase the "Future" of MK/Disney World.
  • April is early enough before new vacation packages get released so that there's plenty of time to market the ride in order to sell more of them for the coming year.
  • April 7th specifically is a Friday and is before the April race but Orlando has nice enough weather for the APs to get excited about it. Plus, Cosmic Rewind also opened on a Friday.
  • Opening at this time will also help match or perhaps even surpass the strong financials that were reported during the same period in 2022 when Cosmic Rewind & "revenge travel" occurred. This will look good to the market. Another key performance metric for Disney will be when D+ switches to the ad-supported tier on December 8th. If results are stronger than expected for D+ then it's possible Tron gets pushed up a bit earlier, but I don't foresee that as moving the needle in terms of financial gain from Tron. Streaming subscriptions tend to drop throughout the Spring regardless, so having the extra boost from Tron opening can help offset some of those losses.

Well they did say at D23, back in 2017 that it would be open in time for the 50th Anniversary of WDW in 2021....

Now there was a RUMOR back in 2020, that Disney had instructed construction crews working on Tron and Guardians to complete the major structural aspects of the attractions... and then put things on hold. Along with that RUMOR neither attraction would be open in time for the beginning of the 50th celebration. That Disney would possibly start construction back up late the next year... with the rumored was the goal of finishing up both the attractions in time for late Spring or Summer of 2022. During the 50th...

Either way... we are getting close.

Some are saying the code (#10) is saying Cast Member previews from April 4 - 8. But that would only be four day, looking back Guardians had over thirteen days to preview the attraction.

If all the previews (DVC, AP) are cut shorter... ?

Well now they are hinting about something....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&gt;◎//: Need a Clu? <a href="https://t.co/fRflNcphH7">pic.twitter.com/fRflNcphH7</a></p>&mdash; Disney Parks (@disneyparks) <a href=" ">January 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Row 1: AI 14,007,645 - Tron Official High Score
Row 2: US 13,21,2023 - Maybe April (1+3) 21, 2023 for Tron MK opening
Row 3: TL 12,172,010 Tron Legacy Release Date (12/17/2020)
Row 4: JB 12,041,949 Jeff Bridges’ Birthday (12/04/1949)
Row 5: MK 10,011,979 Magic Kingdom Opening (10/01/1979)
Row 6; DL 07,171,955 Disneyland Opening (07/17/1955)
Row 7: KF 07,091,982 - Kevin Flynn Tron Release Date (07/09/1982)
Row 8: LB 07,049,504 - Launch Bike - 07 trains, 4 Gs while riding, top speed 95.4 Km/h (59.3 mph)
Row 9: SD 06,162,016 Tron Opening Date at Shanghai (06/16/2016)
Row 10: CM 04,482,023 - April 4-8, 2023 CM previews

I'm still calling for an April 7th official open as mentioned above. Hidden dates when it comes to Disney are commonplace, but their 'encoding' follows anything but a pattern. Sometimes they're very straightforward like MK's opening date, sometimes you have to add numbers together, and sometimes they're thrown in as red herrings.

Well now they are hinting about something....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&gt;◎//: Need a Clu? <a href="https://t.co/fRflNcphH7">pic.twitter.com/fRflNcphH7</a></p>&mdash; Disney Parks (@disneyparks) <a href=" ">January 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This actually kind of annoys me. Tron has been SUCH a long time coming, I'm just not feeling the coy hint. Just announce when you're ready to announce 😂 I'm over guessing!

I'm still calling for an April 7th official open as mentioned above. Hidden dates when it comes to Disney are commonplace, but their 'encoding' follows anything but a pattern. Sometimes they're very straightforward like MK's opening date, sometimes you have to add numbers together, and sometimes they're thrown in as red herrings.
Tough to see them opening an attraction Easter weekend that already has high crowds. Also don’t necessarily see them opening Tron to the public the same week that HEA returns.

I know guardians opened Memorial Day weekend to kick off the summer season, but for this they’re going to want to try and boost attendance in “quieter” times in the spring before summer kicks off.

Tough to see them opening an attraction Easter weekend that already has high crowds. Also don’t necessarily see them opening Tron to the public the same week that HEA returns.

I know guardians opened Memorial Day weekend to kick off the summer season, but for this they’re going to want to try and boost attendance in “quieter” times in the spring before summer kicks off.

Honestly, I feel like they should just do what they did with the train and open it without saying. Just one day, it's ready to go. It keeps the bloggers from flooding in!

And yeah, I read a lot of the blogs and don't wish them any ill-will, but I also don't see anything wrong with making them hustle a little. 🙂

Honestly, I feel like they should just do what they did with the train and open it without saying. Just one day, it's ready to go. It keeps the bloggers from flooding in!

And yeah, I read a lot of the blogs and don't wish them any ill-will, but I also don't see anything wrong with making them hustle a little. 🙂
Well all the bloggers still got their media invite the day the train opened and got to ride it first thing anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter