• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron opening predictions?

I'm looking for the train. If Tron is almost done, and does the train have to wait until spring to open too?????
as long as there is still construction going on around it for both the safety of guests and all castmembers and workers the train probably won't run

as long as there is still construction going on around it for both the safety of guests and all castmembers and workers the train probably won't run
They're working on the landscaping around Tron and the RR tracks now. I'm hoping that when they finish it, they'll open the train, even if there's still interior work to be done on Tron. Fingers crossed! :tink: :tink:

They're working on the landscaping around Tron and the RR tracks now. I'm hoping that when they finish it, they'll open the train, even if there's still interior work to be done on Tron. Fingers crossed! :tink: :tink:
it would still depend on whether or not it is safe to do so, just because landscaping is being done doesn't mean anything yet. Plus they need to do testing of the train through the new section of track which could take time too. They also need to get all the staff for the railroad as well.

I agree, since all the heavy work is done for Tron I don't see any reason they couldn't be running the railroad to the building. Possible exception would be when they are actually are doing the first test runs of the cars on the track for Tron.

it would still depend on whether or not it is safe to do so, just because landscaping is being done doesn't mean anything yet. Plus they need to do testing of the train through the new section of track which could take time too. They also need to get all the staff for the railroad as well.
Yes, I agree. My point is that I hope they’ll open the train as soon as all of the outdoor work is done, even if there’s still work to be done inside the Tron building itself.

I agree, since all the heavy work is done for Tron I don't see any reason they couldn't be running the railroad to the building. Possible exception would be when they are actually are doing the first test runs of the cars on the track for Tron.
They've been doing test runs of Tron for some months now, first empty, then with test dummies, then with real people (CMs, of course). I think photos are around here on DISboards somewhere, or at least I've seen some on the internet.

Yes, I agree. My point is that I hope they’ll open the train as soon as all of the outdoor work is done, even if there’s still work to be done inside the Tron building itself.

They've been doing test runs of Tron for some months now, first empty, then with test dummies, then with real people (CMs, of course). I think photos are around here on DISboards somewhere, or at least I've seen some on the internet.
I don't think we are going to see the train back until Tron is in the soft opening as until then the area around it is considered a construction site and it isn't safe to have guests or cast members in there no matter if they are on a train or not. One of the big reasons is guests might do something stupid like getting off to take pictures or something like that, they are used to having problems with guests getting off the train as it was running in that area which is one of the reasons why the side panels were put on all of the trains except for the ones for the Lilly Belle because of it being the show train for the characters to use during the welcome show, the back coach has them because they use it for the behind the steam trains tour.

They are already starting the final marketing push for the end of the 50th celebration - the end of March. My guess is right after the 50th so they have something to draw people in again. I’m on team May. May 11th is my completely random hat pick.

They seem to be in no major hurry to reopen the train, which is a bummer because having it closed for 5 years is pretty ridiculous for one section of rebuilt track/tunnel
I don't think it was rebuilding the track itself that's keeping it closed. It was all the construction work that was going on around it. That's why I was hoping that completion of the outside work would allow reopening of the train, but of course @EastYorkDisneyFan explains above why completion of outside work might not be enough. Sigh.

They seem to be in no major hurry to reopen the train, which is a bummer because having it closed for 5 years is pretty ridiculous for one section of rebuilt track/tunnel

I don't think it was rebuilding the track itself that's keeping it closed. It was all the construction work that was going on around it. That's why I was hoping that completion of the outside work would allow reopening of the train, but of course @EastYorkDisneyFan explains above why completion of outside work might not be enough. Sigh.
I want to see the train running again too but we have to keep in mind until the Tron attrition is turned over to park operations it is still a construction site even if the railroad is complete.

But they still need to advertise for general cast member hiring... hopefully that will happen soon.

Some updated photos from yesterday https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2022/11/08/tron-lightcycle-run-update/ it's getting closer, but clearly still a lot of outside work. And while the coaster is working, who know about all the digital effects inside the building? Based on the existing ride, there is a lot inside, other than the coaster.

My guess right now is April, but could be March if they start general hiring pretty soon. If they wait till Jan, it will be May again.

Cm are hired/chosen 6+ months ahead if time.
Disney will want to spread out new "things' . It may be ready months before ride us open.
May 2023 would work for summer kick off.

But they still need to advertise for general cast member hiring... hopefully that will happen soon.
That happened end of last month. Opening team Cast members were notified last week. They‘ll probably spend the month of November training, then have cast previews in December, AP and DVC previews in January. Opening to general public in February, March at the latest.

That happened end of last month. Opening team Cast members were notified last week. They‘ll probably spend the month of November training, then have cast previews in December, AP and DVC previews in January. Opening to general public in February, March at the latest.

Had not seen where they have put out a general call to hire cast members for Tron.

Had not seen where they have put out a general call to hire cast members for Tron.

They did some videos of telling CMs that they have been chosen to work on The Grid. They often do that for exciting new rides or lands.

Yeah there was a news article about it in the middle of September, the vid notifying cast members that they’ve been chosen is based on the applications that have come in since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter