Trip report: Wally World, scratch that, Disney World here we come!

Ok so back to epcott today. We will try for TT and remmy again. Lol. We got a VC boarding group 46 and a LL for test track. It looks like remmy was down most of the day yesterday. Hope its fixed and we get to ride it. We will also try some of the food at the stands. So, another early day and running around. And i will say I do not like the new G+ , it takes too much time away looking at times and rides. Before at least you had 3 set things. And you felt satisfied. With this, you pay for it, so you want to get your money out of it. So, as soon as you tap in your second time on the ride, your searching for the next ride. But this means your boarding the ride your on and really not enjoying your surroundings. And some rides, people ( yea i did it also, not on the dark rides) are on the ride trying to get there next ride picked. Not really fun or magical.

Ok so we got in epcot early. Went right over to feozen and walked on. Waited, ,thanks to someones advice that mexico and the 3 cabarioros opened at 10am, 10 minutes and got on 3 cab. We were first, and had our own boat!. Did soring, TT and up for our remmy ride, so the ride broke down again. Same as last time while we were 5 mins from our window. So we walked and ate at some of the stands. Then the ride started up, we were called waited our 45 mins in line , it was prety exact. It was good, but micky RR was much better. Food was good. We had ice cream in france at one of the stores, that was underwelming. Was more like Ice milk with toppings added in. So who remembers Ice Milk? If you dont, its the same as the low calorie ice cream they sell now. So it was ok, but not ice cream. We did a few more rides and such. G + was once again a waste here. We did see micky and mini on the way out , so that was a surprise. Only a few days left. Time flys as you get older.

Side note, this is a really great site, and big. Nice to walk to the beach area, and store. Wifi seems really good also, maybe upgraded or maybe where were are located? Got my prime up and running, with disney + and netflix. So far works great. The disney cable however has much less on it, and is virtually useless. I didn't try over the air stuff. And the fire pit kicks but, its cool here so its nice to have.

Side note, this is a really great site, and big. Nice to walk to the beach area, and store. Wifi seems really good also, maybe upgraded or maybe where were are located? Got my prime up and running, with disney + and netflix. So far works great. The disney cable however has much less on it, and is virtually useless. I didn't try over the air stuff. And the fire pit kicks but, its cool here so its nice to have.

It is a big site, @Sjm9911. I would gladly have it again. I'm glad it's worked out for you. We love 100 loop for the convenience of the Settlement Bus Depot, the TE porch, the boat to MK, the Settlement TP, TCD, hearing the boat toots and steam train whistles from MK (when the train is running). Easy to walk down for MK fireworks or the EWP.

There are some small tight sites in that loop but I have a list of 5-6 sites in my head in 100 that would be fine with me.

Bama Ed

PS - even the bus sounds on the trailer door side across the sidewalk are comforting.

Ok, more fireworks at the beach last night. This morning Mickey waffles, bacon and potatoes. Then off for pin trading, another walk through the ranch. After that my brother arrived, we took the bus to HS, then the skyliner to the boardwalk for lunch and a beer. Then back to the skyliner, to the first resort , took bus to MK and hopped the older boat to the fort. Did some swimming and scooter riding. Made dinner and now sitting by the fireplace. Busy, but less so then walking the parks. Tomorrow is AK! So early day.

Tell us more about the pin trading. You've mentioned it more than once, buddy.

Who, where, and what (was it like)? Our DD is coming with us in Jan22 (working girl now but traded pins as a teenager).

Thanks, Ed

Last edited:
This , I can do Ed! So far at the fort , both stores have pun trading, one register has an open board, for you to see every pin avaliable. To trade , you pick the one you like and trade one of the disney puns you have that you don't like. Sometimes you get really cool ones, other times you strike out. The other register has a mystery box. This was new to us thos time around. You get to pick a box or two, and trade for one box if you want. You always get to choose what you want to trade, they dont get to pick. There are places in the parks to trade also, in before times lots of cast members had them for trade, but it is not the same now. We ask someone where the nearest spot is in the park for trading, and go there. So, when we visit a park, we have to do at least one pin trade. While looping today, a camper set up a pin tradding board. So, it was the same rules as the stores. That was pretty cool of them. I may get a picture tommorow. Oh, and i got the limited edition fort pin. Its really cool. I'll get a picture of that also.

Anyone know where the walking trail at the end of the 100 loop goes? So , behind the settlement store? There is an old sign saying no bikes etc, and a new one saying bikes allowed. If I have time , i will definitely do it, but I may not have the time.

Anyone know where the walking trail at the end of the 100 loop goes? So , behind the settlement store? There is an old sign saying no bikes etc, and a new one saying bikes allowed. If I have time , i will definitely do it, but I may not have the time.
Spencer,

I just goes back to the canal. You have to turn left to go to the beach or right to follow the canal behind 200 and 300 loop and past the bat house on the other side of the canal.

j

Where the canal off Bay Lake sits behind loop 300, the road goes past that back into the woods.

There is a small cabin that was used by the Headless Horseman on Haunted Hay Rides back in the early 2000's. The road goes back further (away past the canal) where the land gets pretty soft (marshy/wet). This is the old territory for the Marshmallow Trail. (Google is your friend). The high water table makes it unstable for building (would Disney shy away from Bay Lake waterfront territory unless it was soft?).

I've been back there and it's very "Old Florida". Plus some great views.

Note the Contemporary to the left side of the mid-lake view ......

And there is the Bat House just across the canal.

Ed

PS - I need to go back there further. Maybe in January 2022? :rolleyes:

Its probably still underwater now from that rain the other night. Parts of the fort still have ponds where ponds aren't ment to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter