Trip Report! My first time on the Magic!

Loving your trip report! We were on the same cruise and loved it as much - also NYC winter break. :-) Our cabin was right near yours, muster K, same dinner rotation and we did that fun tour in the sea day - you were the one who knew all the answers right? My husband was the barefoot one. I wish we had Paolo though. We have done the Grand Slam but also hoping for the Wonder next February. We were so happy we made it to Castaway! Thanks for letting us relive it so soon, as we sit in cold NYC back to work and school!

How did you let them know you were GF? On previous cruises I just told them onboard. I looked through all of our materials again, and unlike at WDW restaurants, I couldn't see where I needed to indicate my allergy...

I called and had it added to my reservation. Then when booking on board, she was able to add the same notations.

Loving your trip report! We were on the same cruise and loved it as much - also NYC winter break. :-) Our cabin was right near yours, muster K, same dinner rotation and we did that fun tour in the sea day - you were the one who knew all the answers right? My husband was the barefoot one. I wish we had Paolo though. We have done the Grand Slam but also hoping for the Wonder next February. We were so happy we made it to Castaway! Thanks for letting us relive it so soon, as we sit in cold NYC back to work and school!

You're welcome!! Yep - as a teacher I'm limited to school breaks as well. It was so much fun!!

I'm pumped for the Wonder next year! I've already booked my St. Maarten day with Captain Bob Cass and Soualiga Destinations - I did that two years ago when I was there on the Fantasy, and it was seriously the best day I've had on a cruise. I contacted him to see if there was availability and he said he was happy to add me to the list of "repeat offenders". :) San Juan...I'll figure it out. Probably do one of the beach days.

Oh, and the tour... Yeah...I basically am Hermione Granger. :oops:

Last edited:

Larios on the Beach

In Miami Friday, 1 night before cruise, will check this out - Thanks

Enjoy!! Lairos is actually in Miami Beach - but yummy!! Its sister restaurant, Estefan Kitchen (pretty much identical menu plus some things) is in the Miami Design District - I'm going there after my upcoming fathom cruise! :)

Ouch! on the Segway injury. That reminds me of myself, always getting hurt in unusual ways. Luckily, I did not get injured on my one and only Segway tour to date. :)

OK, now I have to go for a walk to work off all of those great food pictures! Thanks for including them. Love the Donald Duck pictures too! Thanks for a great report!

All the best for your father's upcoming procedure.

I'm just glad I cannot gain weight from looking at pictures of great food or I'd be goner!

Awesome TR! Nice mixture of photos and explanations.

The Magic was my first DCL experience. I can't wait to experience her again, probably be on a Med cruise in 2019.

Good luck to your dad with his hip surgery.

Update on my dad... He had his surgery on Wednesday and went home Thursday afternoon. My mom's quip: I'm gonna have my work cut out for me keeping him down and not overdoing it. Lol. Thanks for all the good thoughts!
Glad to hear things are going well.

So glad your dad is doing well. Hope he has a smooth recovery.

Thank you! I checked in again last night, and other than the to-be-expected occasional shooting pains the muscles will have because of the trauma, he's having no pain.

Best part is my mom is sleeping upstairs now in my sister's room...their cat (was my sister's before she started working on the ships) has free roaming privileges at night, and when sis is home he sleeps on the bed with her. Dady said the other night Jackson went upstairs and jumped up on the bed...which Mom is NOT a fan of. I keep trying to tell them that setting rules for cats is impossible. LOL. When Jackson is downstairs at night, he curls up under Daddy's walker.

WOW! This is a FANTASTIC TR. I'm thinking I should get with you for some tips/recommendations for our next cruise, that we will be attending together in December! :worship:

Then Daddy went for a massage (it was not the best experience, but he wanted to try it and now he knows - I did try to warn him about massages on ships...we all have to learn I suppose)

What is it about the massages? I am looking forward to having one but now you have me worried :

What is it about the massages? I am looking forward to having one but now you have me worried :

It is mainly the sales pitch for all their products. We even wrote "NO SALES PITCH PLEASE" on his release form, but it didn't work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter