Trip Report 4/4 - 4/8/03

lulubelle

The "twisty" part of the 60 is called the Badlands
5 day Disney Adventure: DAY ONE
Me - Lulubelle (Linda & Mom) Your basic Disney Obsessed Freak
DH - Chris, very tolerable of his Disney Freak Wife
DD - Brianne (16), loving, fun girl who also tolerates her Disney Freak Mom and luckily still enjoys vacations with her parents

We were to go to DW in Orlando for Brianne's Spring Break next week but changed our plans to local Disney when we bought a new house in December. I was sad to cancel our trip to "the world" (have been twice), but was also looking forward to enjoying our local parks.

Friday 4/4/03
We were all to leave our home before noon for the L-O-N-G 30 minute drive (ha, ha, yes, I am a funny girl :-) to DL for our vaca and at the last minute my DH had a cannot-miss meeting at work at 4 pm and could not go with us Friday. We were to call him at 7 pm to decide when and where to meet him. So, Bree and I arrived at noon at the Disneyland Hotel to check in for four nights, (pre-paid for on Expedia for the "buy 3 nites, get one free" promotion) our total was $145 per night plus tax. The hotel also charged us an $8.00 per night resort fee which was fine because it was my understanding we would have to pay for parking at $8.00 per night and it was free in the DRH self parking lot for two vehicles. I thought it was a great deal overall.

The room was only guarenteed to be a standard view (parking lot), however upon check-in, we were offered a DTD view or Neverland Pool View. I opted for the pool. We were on the third floor in the Sierra Tower with more of a Hooks Point view but the beautiful pool was to the right of the sliding glass doors. I could not complain, it was very nice and roomy for three people. The room was completely refurbished, it looked EXACTLY like the pictures I saw posted here by Rajah a few months ago (she wrote the best trip reports ever- thank you Rajah). We unpacked and went to the Anaheim Convention Center (where I DID have to pay $8.00 to park, arggh - I could not believe the DL Hotel did not have some sort of shuttle, but they did not) for her songleading/cheer competition. Her team did not make the finals, so she was not to return on Sunday. Bummer for the team, but a plus for the family as it would not infringe on Sunday park time. We called dad and he was having a cocktail watching the Laker game (MEN!) and so it was decided he would meet us Saturday morn in our room at 9ish. But Bree was a little down in spirits due to her team losing so she and I went to DTD and shopped. She did the Build-A-Bear speil and let me tell you, it was the best $$$ spent!!! It was sooo much fun. You select your bear and a sound greeting (optional) which is put in the foot you choose and you move on the the "heart" station. You select a heart and the CM has you recite a verse, twirl 3 times, jump up and down, promise to love and take care of your bear and she puts the heart in the stuffed animal and the stuffing comes down a big tube and fills your new pet. She then stitches it up and you move to the costume area. After selecting an outfit you create the birth certificate on a computer. The whole experience is totally cool and FUN! I am 42 years old and I wanted to make my own bear!!! But I just enjoyed doing it with my daughter. We spent $45 total, but you could easily do it for $30 or so. She hugged and loved her bear everytime we were in the room. We were hungry so had the special pizza deal at the take out window at Naples. It was $5.00 and you got a piece of pizza (3 different flavor choices) and a soft drink. It was filling and delicious for the price. We did a little more shopping and headed back to the hotel. The DL Hotel is very close to DTD and the monorail to DL. We went to bed around 11 pm. We checkout out the stars and Tinkerbelle on the room border - very cool. The beds are SOOOO comfy, we slept in bliss, can't wait to hit the parks tomorrow!!

I love your report and appreciate each and every detail! I have never been to DL, but plan to vacation there in 2005. I am trying to absorb every bitof DL info that I can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter