• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip in April to Orlando/spring break weeks

Flights from nyc too high!!!

Drive or take amtrak? thanks all
:confused3
At this point it's probably too late to find affordable airfare. Most airfares don't go down with 45 days or less left until your trip.

I hate to drive, so I would choose Amtrak. But I have never found Amtrak fares that were cheaper or even close to the cost of driving. In fact they are often more than flying! If you can find a good rate, then take the train. Otherwise, driving might be your only option.

I'm in the same boat. We drove last year and it wasn't exactly budget-about the same if I found "really good airfare" for the 4 of us.

I've priced out Amtrak and its not cheap-then unless you are staying entirely at Disney you would need a rental car.

So this year we are driving again, but I'm better prepared for the costs and will work harder to keep them in check

So I vote for driving

We just planned a trip during Easter week. Right now for plane tickets from New England we are looking at $3000 for 4 the last week of April :scared1: We are driving. We stop half way for $100 for all 4 of us in a hotel room. We bring a bunch of snack foods and hit all the Cracker Barrels down 95 for meals. We need driving breaks so purposefully have sit down meals. The most expensive part right now is gas.

Amtrak Autotrain goes up in price like the airlines and at this point you would have to price it out. I have done it in the past when I have been alone with kids and the car. But by the time I make it to DC the worst of the driving is over. Plus the timing is bad and I spend more time traveling.

No joke - They were high when I booked back in the fall..

If I had to pick - I'd say drive. I'm not a huge fan of Amtrak for long trips. Feel I can get there faster on my own. Plus would you have to rent a car anyways or no?

Good luck to you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter