Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Good morning! I thought I remembered reading on one of these threads that it has been rumored that the reserved fireworks viewing portion of the CLFP program is going away. Has anyone heard anything lately regarding this? HEA viewing is important to me for our niece's first trip, and I'm working up cost for extras like the dessert party plus EMM vs. extra FP.
Hi there. Unfortunately it was removed as of mid-September (I think that's when it ended).

Good morning! I thought I remembered reading on one of these threads that it has been rumored that the reserved fireworks viewing portion of the CLFP program is going away. Has anyone heard anything lately regarding this? HEA viewing is important to me for our niece's first trip, and I'm working up cost for extras like the dessert party plus EMM vs. extra FP.

All nighttime entertainment viewing went away around Sept 2018. A few stragglers received a fourth FP as compensation when it was transitioning, but that's over now. So the program as available now is just all about the extra FPs.

All nighttime entertainment viewing went away around Sept 2018. A few stragglers received a fourth FP as compensation when it was transitioning, but that's over now. So the program as available now is just all about the extra FPs.
We fell into the extra 4th FP category due to the removal. We used one CL FP for Fantasmic, but that's the one we ended up cancelling the day of anyway. Bummer - would have been soooooo nice to get the reserved area for HEA.

I booked our extra FPs today for our April trip. I was able to also book our regular FPs for the days we purchased the extras for.
I was able to modify some of our regular FPs on MDE.
So cl extra fast passes payment allows you to nail down your regular three at the ninety day mark as well? This is quite a perk as well.

So cl extra fast passes payment allows you to nail down your regular three at the ninety day mark as well? This is quite a perk as well.

Yes, all FPs (both the ‘extra’ three and the ‘regular’ three) can be booked 90 days from check out.

It does, but only for the days that you purchase the CLFP program. If you're going for 5 days, but only purchase 3 days of CLFP, you have to wait until the 60 day mark for the 4th and 5th days. (the other 2 days. You could very well schedule the CLFP on Monday-Wednesday-Friday and have the "4th" and "5th" no clfp days be Tuesday and Thursday, etc)

How and when do you sign up for CLFP? Where can I read some basic information on these? I'm trying to read through this thread but it is 82 pages.

I loved working with my CM through this program, but I always felt like I was prying if I asked very specific questions about the future of the program. We are wavering between a DLR trip in November or a WDW in mid-December. If WDW is the choice, I want to decide if we will put in for a DVC rental which wouldn't qualify us for CL or book a Dolphin CL qualifying suite. Has anyone heard anything about this program continuing throughout all of 2019? Thanks!

I’ve always made my own “touring plan” but I’m curious about the website Touring Plans. Does anyone know if they can or would take into account the CLFP when making a touring plan for someone? I have a friend who used it and it was interesting. I read her plan and while it isn’t what I would have done I can see why they chose the order they did on most things. I am wondering how a site like that would handle CLFP. We used the CLFP fastpasses 7 days our last trip and I am wondering if they could come up with a better plan.

I loved working with my CM through this program, but I always felt like I was prying if I asked very specific questions about the future of the program. We are wavering between a DLR trip in November or a WDW in mid-December. If WDW is the choice, I want to decide if we will put in for a DVC rental which wouldn't qualify us for CL or book a Dolphin CL qualifying suite. Has anyone heard anything about this program continuing throughout all of 2019? Thanks!
I'm visiting in May, and from what I've read here it seems that the CMs have indicated (though of course it isn't certain) that the program will continue. To me, this is consistent with other upgrades such as EMM, DAH, and the dessert parties. So there is good reason to think it'll be available for the foreseeable future.

It's a little strange, though, since they don't advertise it on the Disney website. I don't know why this is- I'd feel better about it if they did. If it wasn't for this forum, I'd never have known about it.

I’ve always made my own “touring plan” but I’m curious about the website Touring Plans. Does anyone know if they can or would take into account the CLFP when making a touring plan for someone? I have a friend who used it and it was interesting. I read her plan and while it isn’t what I would have done I can see why they chose the order they did on most things. I am wondering how a site like that would handle CLFP. We used the CLFP fastpasses 7 days our last trip and I am wondering if they could come up with a better plan.
Just add the FP in where you want them. TP will process as many as you enter in. I just make notes under each FP regarding whether they are CLFP.
If you are using a pre-made TP plan (as opposed to a personalized one) then enter the initial 3 Fps as they recommend, and hit "evaluate". After that, you could put three more in where the wait times are the longest.

Using these techniques, I've made several touring plans from that site that have six FPs.

Also, be sure your ADRs do not overlap with the FP windows- apparently the DSS CMs will not book CLFP if they overlap with ADRs.

Last edited:

I would call and confirm that the Dolphin is part of the program. They are usually excluded from anything new. I do not think they have a Club level. They used to but it went away around 10 years ago. My guess it had very little paying customers and quite a bit of Starwoods Platinum who have the Club level for free.

I would call and confirm that the Dolphin is part of the program. They are usually excluded from anything new. I do not think they have a Club level. They used to but it went away around 10 years ago. My guess it had very little paying customers and quite a bit of Starwoods Platinum who have the Club level for free.

I used the FP+ Trial Program while staying at the Dolpin in August and can confirm they participate. There are a few room categories at the S/D that qualify as "club level" even they don't have a "club" anymore.

I used the FP+ Trial Program while staying at the Dolpin in August and can confirm they participate. There are a few room categories at the S/D that qualify as "club level" even they don't have a "club" anymore.

That is awesome! It is our favorite place to stay especially after the renovation.

So I spoke to DSS b/c I really want to book Dolphin and get the right category, and the CM said all signs point to continuing through the end of the year at the least. However, there is always the caveat of "This is a trial program and can end at any time."

So I spoke to DSS b/c I really want to book Dolphin and get the right category, and the CM said all signs point to continuing through the end of the year at the least. However, there is always the caveat of "This is a trial program and can end at any time."

I am considering booking the Dolphin too. Can you post what room category qualifies please?

I called the Dolphin and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. I was planning on calling signature services anyway and I asked about the Dolphin. The lovely CM, Ryan, was very helpful and confirmed that some suites at S&D did have the option to buy the extra FP+ but did confirm it was a trial and relatively new to the S&D and suggested I try again. I went to the Marriott website where there is no category labeled suites. Having stayed in one I know there are but they are new to the Marriott website having been a Starwoods property until recently. So I called the Dolphin back and Guest Services still had NO IDEA what I was talking about but transferred me to in-house reservations. I spoke to Carina at in-house reservations and she knew EXACTLY what I was talking about and was able to give me the Marriott member rate that was online and attached it to my Marriott member number. The Marriott website calls them Alcove Rooms. Dolphin has double beds but no balcony or view. Swan does not have double beds only King and they do have a balcony but they are about $100+ more a night so I went with the double beds over the pull out sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter