Transportation to Port Canaveral

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
We just booked our first Disney Cruise (we've actually booked 2 prior but both were cancelled due to COVID-19). What's the best way to get to Port Canaveral from a Disney resort? We were to sail out of NYC on the last 2 booked cruises so any tips on Cataway Cay & Port Canaveral would be appreciated.

I have done both Disney Transport from MCO and a WDW resort and Sunshine Limo from a WDW resort. The Disney transport is fine but you may have to have stop at a few resorts and you don't get to the ship super early. Our last trip on the Disney transport we arrived at 1pm. Not too bad but definitely too late for an upgrade (not that there have been many lately from what I hear) We had 4 people the last time so we we did the private transport with Sunshine and we really liked it. They were on time, the car was clean the driver friendly and we got to port a little earlier than the Disney bus. We have a cruise next year and I plan to do private transfers again. I am shopping around based on recommendations on this board and I will book once Southwest releases their flights. I will say we also like to arrive on Friday as a precaution. I don't want to lose my trip due to a cancelled flight on Saturday.

We have always used Tiffany Town Car for back and forth to the terminal from/to WDW, MCO etc.

Have always had great service.

We rented a car from AVIS from one of the hotels near Disney Springs and did a one way rental to their location in Cape Canaveral. Then we used their shuttle to get to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter