Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

When using the taxi from Disney to Univer, am I correct to assume that there is a drop off area at the Royal Poly? I was originally planning on renting a car from Contemp Resort to Royal Poly (staying 3 days) and then returning the car at the airport but now thinking of the taxi option since we actually won't be using the car while at Univers. Just want to be sure that there is a drop off at the resort and won't be lugging luggage from some place far away. I'm also assuming we'd be able to get a taxi early in the morning to get to the airport for a 645 am flight?

Thanks,
Ho'okani

Of course taxis are welcome to drop off guests by the main entrance. There are bellhops available to assist you with your bags and to put your bags in storage if you arrive before your room is ready.

I seen here on boards that you can purchase a one day/two park pass with round trip transportation from your Disney resort to Universal Studios, did anyone ever buy this? The cost is $109.00/person. I believe it was thru Dreams Unlimited. I will be staying on-site in Dec and would like to go to US for a day. Just wondering if anyone has ever bought/done this? Thanks

I am curious about how much time you experienced travelers would give yourselves between leaving US/IOA and getting to dinner on Disney property. Our scenario this December will be using Mears between our hotel (ASMusic) and Universal. I was thinking 2.5 hours would give us enough time to get from Universal to our hotel, maybe freshen up quickly and then get to our dinners (one night it is in Downtown Disney and the other is at 'Ohana). Do you think this is cutting it too close? Should I go for a 3 hour window?

I am curious about how much time you experienced travelers would give yourselves between leaving US/IOA and getting to dinner on Disney property. Our scenario this December will be using Mears between our hotel (ASMusic) and Universal. I was thinking 2.5 hours would give us enough time to get from Universal to our hotel, maybe freshen up quickly and then get to our dinners (one night it is in Downtown Disney and the other is at 'Ohana). Do you think this is cutting it too close? Should I go for a 3 hour window?

It only takes half an hour or so to get from Universal to Disney. Give half an hour to get from park to Universal hotel. So 2 hours should be tons of time. Even 1 1/2 hours should be lots.

Budget has a desk (and cars!) at the Downtown Disney Double Tree. We are renting a car for a day to go over to Universal and return the car that same evening. AAA price $33. :thumbsup2

Okay, where are you finding the information regarding the Mears Shuttle (option #2)? I can only find the shared ride option from the airport to area hotels on Mears' site. There is nothing on there to link Disney Hotels with Universal. I'm interested in a round trip from Beach Club to IOA. Thanks very much.

I also dont get it. Every one keeps saying use the Mears shuttle and gives a website address that doesn't mention anything. Would someone please be able to explain the Mears shuttle and how it works rather than just saying "call them 24 hours in advance"

Its hard for us newbies who dont know the area:confused3

Does anyone know if you can rent car seats when renting a car? I have a 4 year old and 9 month old, so would need a booster and an infant seat (or convertible that installs rear-facing) for them. We are not bringing our own car seats because we are staying on Disney property and plan to use their bus system.

What's the best travel option for us? Mears??

I would LOVE to go to Universal to see HP while we are there. But am torn because I know the IOA has more for my 4 year old to do (she's ~40" or so). Would it be possible to visit both parks in a single day - if we don't do all the big roller coasters, etc??

I also dont get it. Every one keeps saying use the Mears shuttle and gives a website address that doesn't mention anything. Would someone please be able to explain the Mears shuttle and how it works rather than just saying "call them 24 hours in advance"

Its hard for us newbies who dont know the area:confused3

It's really very simple:

~ To book reservations for transportation between the Airport and your Orlando hotel just go to http://www.mearstransportation.com/ and enter your information under the "Shared Ride" tab. Once you land at the Orlando Airport and have collected your luggage, you will go to the Mears counter on level 1, give them your online confirmation and they will give you your shuttle pass and direct you to your shuttle.

~ You can also book your attractions transportation at the same time as you book your airport to hotel transportation.

~ If you are not using Mears to get from the Airport to your hotel and want to book reservations for transportation from your hotel to a specific attraction (Universal, Seaworld, etc) you need to call Mears 24 hours in advance to arrange transportation.

Does anyone know if you can rent car seats when renting a car? I have a 4 year old and 9 month old, so would need a booster and an infant seat (or convertible that installs rear-facing) for them. We are not bringing our own car seats because we are staying on Disney property and plan to use their bus system.
Yes, most, if not all car rental agencies rent infant and child/toddler car seats ... you would need to check the specific car rental agencies for prices although I do believe most charge around $10/day for each seat.

What's the best travel option for us? Mears??
Only you can decide what is best for your family - if you rent a car, remember that you will need to pay $20 for parking at US/IOA.

I would LOVE to go to Universal to see HP while we are there. But am torn because I know the IOA has more for my 4 year old to do (she's ~40" or so). Would it be possible to visit both parks in a single day - if we don't do all the big roller coasters, etc??
The Harry Potter area is in IOA and both US and IOA have plenty to do for young children. Although you don't say when you are planning on visiting, you should be able to do both parks in one day ~ I would suggest though that you arrive at IOA/US at park opening.

Does anyone know how late will the Mears shuttle will run? I am interested in going to one of those Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, but they are in the evening, some nights they stay open till 2am.

As far as I can tell, if you want to use Mears to go from WDW to US, you CANNOT book online. The only online option they offer is transportation from/to the airport and your hotel. You have to call them directly to schedule WDW-US shuttles.

I booked the offer through Dreams Unlimited, which gives me a 2 park/1 day ticket at US/IoA and roundtrip Mears shuttle for $110pp plus tax. We are not huge coaster fans, so I am hoping to have time to see some of US as well as WWHP, and maybe DD16 will ride a couple of the IoA coasters using the single rider line. Renting a car for 1 day in August was getting expensive. One day rental was about $40 (for a compact car, with tax), then add parking at US $14. We are planning on going to US on a Sunday, which means earliest car pick-up available is 8am. (Called CCC and they said that's also the earliest they'd pick us up at our disney hotel to get to the ccc) Worrying about missing rope drop at IoA would mean a 2 day car rental. ANyhow, I think I will at least break even with the DU offer, and it gives us the option of visiting both US and IoA even if only briefly.

Does anyone know how late will the Mears shuttle will run? I am interested in going to one of those Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, but they are in the evening, some nights they stay open till 2am.

Or Blue Man Group. I can get tickets on the day of the show, if they are available, for $30 with my college ID!

I want to transfer from wdw to universal and stay at rp resport. I know the options at disney to rent a car, which also have offices at universal where I can rent at disney and return at universal the same day to avoid the parking fees?

I just pulled this from the Dreams Unlimited check out page

Transfers provided by Mears Transportation
Transfer Schedule:

To Universal Orlando Resort: This service is available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel.

From Universal Orlando Resort: Pick-up time with Mears can be arranged when making your initial reservation or by calling Mears from the parks a minimum of 90 minutes prior to your desired pick-up time.

Length of Transfer: Varies by hotel; however approximately 30 minutes each way.

Documentation Instructions: You will receive an Electronic transfer coupon with this purchase. You must present a valid photo ID with your transfer coupon at the time of pick-up from your hotel.

Additional Information: Valid hotels for this shuttle are located in the Lake Buena Vista, Walt Disney World and Hwy. 192W area.

RESTRICTIONS:
* Your ticket may not be copied, transferred, or resold
* Tickets are non-refundable

I was looking on the AAA website and when I search for pick up locations it lists the Universal hotels.

Does anyone know if I can reat a car at the airport to use for the day and drop off at the hotel later that night?

The day we arrive we are going to Epcot to do the Divequest but the rest of the trip will be at Universal.

We just need to get from airport to RPR then to Epcot and back.

I was looking on the AAA website and when I search for pick up locations it lists the Universal hotels.

Does anyone know if I can reat a car at the airport to use for the day and drop off at the hotel later that night?

The day we arrive we are going to Epcot to do the Divequest but the rest of the trip will be at Universal.

We just need to get from airport to RPR then to Epcot and back.

Yes you can.

Does anyone know which car rentals are at disney that could be used for one day to drop off at Universal in a resort transfer? So far:

Hertz is at SOG and Universal(? where)

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks

After 3 postings on 4 threads, this is all I could find out.. Does anyone also know if they charge extra since this is not round trip and drop and pick up would be different locations?

Thanks

Does anyone know which car rentals are at disney that could be used for one day to drop off at Universal in a resort transfer? So far:

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks.

After 3 postings on 4 threads, this is all I could find out.. Does anyone also know if they charge extra since this is not round trip and drop and pick up would be different locations?

Thanks

They won't charge extra for 1 way rentals between those locations as we are doing the same.
We are picking up from the dolphin and dropping off at the Sheraton. It is only a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute cab from there to Universal.

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks

Thanks

Hertz is at Portofino.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/loca..._target=reservationOnHomepage.jsp&locType=pUp

Just go to the car rental website and look in their locations in Orlando. It will say where the locations are. It is probably faster to look at the websites yourself than wait for someone to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter