Transportation from Polynesian to WL

followme2disney

Mouseketeer
We will be at the Polynesian for X-mas and we want to visit WL to see some of their decorations. What is the fastest and easiest way to get to WL from Polynesian.

:p

We actually will have our own car, but I thought you could only get in if you had a priority seating at the resort?

Another way is to take the monorail to the CR and the boat from behind CR to the WL.

Since you are staying at the Poly, you could walk over to the TTC and catch the WL/Fort Wilderness bus from there.

:p

FYI -- Driving your car from the Poly to WL will take 5-10 minutes. You just come out of the Poly and turn left. It is the same road that runs in front of the Poly that also leads into WL.

All the other options mentioned will take at least 30 minutes and possibly up to an hour. Sometimes it's fun to ride the boats and monorail so you don't mind spending the time. But, if you just want to pop in for a quick visit or maybe to grab a bite before doing something else, the car is the way to go.

...guest of WL, I have taken BOTH routes. (we went to the Poly for mass last Sunday). It is MUCH faster to take the monorail (or walk) to the TTC and take a bus to WL! BTW - you are going to LOVE both resorts.....:)

It's only about a mile from one resort to the other. By car it will be less than 5 minutes unless you have a long red light or take a wrong turn (not hard to do). If you don't have a car, I vote for walking to TTC and taking a bus. If you were to walk To WL (I'm not suggesting it :D ) it would be quicker than most other options.

...you truly ARE wise!;) I thought about walking from WL to TTC once or twice myself!! Sometimes the Disney transportation system is horrendous!:mad:

Kimmar,

I've never actually walked as I haven't stayed at WL, just visited a couple times by car. If it were just me I wouldn't hesitate to walk it. I hesitate to recommend it to others though; if Disney doesn't put in sidewalks, that says to me they don't want people walking that way.

Take the car. We actually did this last Dec - and probably were pulling into WL around 9:30PM. told them we were just going to see the decorations and it was no problem. Of course it was early Dec and not the busy season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter