Transportation Disability Hot Line

Charleyann, the post on the transportation board is quite different from the post you made on this board. In reading the transportation board, I honestly couldn't tell that your son was disabled. You didn't mention that he was in a wheel chair. You did say that you needed to plug him in, and that he needed his treatment, but that could also mean anything. Your details were much clearer in these posts.

Please don't be so hard on the people on the transportation board. They were trying to answer your concerns about Delta compensating for a flight that was delayed due to mechanical problems. It turns out that your concerns were more for your disabled son, and that just wasn't made clear.
I'm glad that you had a wonderful time at WDW and I hope your trip home was (finally) a smooth one.

I went to wdw last October-november. I worked with a travel agency which had booked for disabled people in the past. I had wonderful service and am so sorry that you didn't. The airline you used was in violation of the ADA, I think and the whole thing really needs to be reported. The Airline I was on was Air trans. They had a large enough cargo area to be able to take my extra wide/tall backed electric chair. (not all of them can take it, you have to ask) The agency, which I think is national, was Liberty. Good luck next time, and Don't let this discourage you from traveling!

I put a link to this thread in the disABILITIES FAQs thread, in post #15.
Because of that, I am 'unsticking' this thread, so it will no longer be stuck to the top of the Board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter