Transferring DVC in Will

sev34

Earning My Ears
My parents have seen how happy we are with our DVC purchase, and they are now thinking of joining as well. As they are in their 60's, they have raised an issue that wasn't on my mind when I joined. Can someone please remind me whether it is easy to leave DVC to your children in your will, and what is involved in this process. Many thanks.

As a real estate asset, this should be covered in any basic estate plan. Specific vernacular regarding the distribution and transfer of that asset is best left up to an estate professional (lawyer or experienced trust advisor).

Thanks, and sorry that my earlier question was not clear in terms of what I was asking. I intended to ask about how easy this is vis a vis DVC (ie. do they impose any restrictions on one's ability to transfer this type of real estate interest -- ie. does ROFR pose a problem etc.). Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter