Transatlantic Adventures

Day 22

We started the day with a lie in and then headed across to the Contemporary for our breakfast with Chef Mickey. This was another meal that was very much for me. We checked in, where given a pager and directed towards the photo line. Our pager went off straight away. So we got out of having our photo taken.

We ended up sitting at the some table as we did last year when we had come for dinner. As soon as we sat down, Goofy came by, followed in very quick succession by Mickey and Donald.

SDC11443.jpg

SDC11444.jpg

SDC11445.jpg

SDC11446.jpg

SDC11447.jpg

SDC11448.jpg

Once they had been to our table, there was a bit of a break and we decided to go and get some breakfast. Now, as I mentioned before, I am not a breakfast person and I was still not feeling 100% so I just had some sausages, some hash browns and a brownie. Graham could not resist taking a photo of this.

SDC11454.jpg

Soon after, Minnie and Pluto came by as well.

SDC11449.jpg

SDC11450.jpg

SDC11451.jpg

SDC11452.jpg

SDC11453.jpg

On the table next to ours was a family with multiple children. One of the children was celebrating his birthday and they had ordered a cake. The cake was brought out and the little boy blew out the candles and then some argument broke out amongst the adults. Our server noticed that something was not right and came over. The mother asked where the characters were. Now, by that time, every single character had stopped by. It turned out that for some reason the parents had thought that the characters would all come to the table together once the cake was brought out and would celebrate with the birthday boy. How they got that idea, I do not know. I know that they do a parade around the restaurant with the characters and everybody who is celebrating something and that had happened earlier on during the breakfast. They kicked up such a stink that they were refunded the money for the cake and the breakfast. My jaw just dropped.

Because of all of this going on at the table next to us, we had a bit of a wait for our bill. I used this to take a photo of Bay Lake.

SDC11442.jpg

Once we had our bill and had paid, we went back to the room to finish packing. On the way I had to take some photos of the Magic Kingdom from the footbridge.

SDC11455.jpg

SDC11456.jpg

All to soon we were backed and it was time to say goodbye to our room. We were not due to be collected by Magical Express until mid afternoon. We went to sit down in the lobby of the Contemporary. I spotted a kiosk for doing online check in. We were flying standby, but provided that there are seats available, Virgin Atlantic lets you check in online up to 24 hours prior to departure. So I decided to try my luck. This was only the third time that we flew standby and the first time on another carrier. So I was more than just a little bit nervous. I was very relieved when I was able to check in online and print our boarding passes. We were going to be OK.

Graham decided to go and sit outside and soak up some more sun. I decided I wanted another ride on the Monorail. I left my luggage with Bell Services and headed off. I decided to get off the Monorail at the Grand Floridian and to have a wander around the shops there. I got a piece of Mickey soap at Basin White and took some photos.

SDC11457.jpg

SDC11458.jpg

When I got back to the Contemporary, I retrieved my luggage and then went to find Graham. We decided to go up to the Contempo Café to get a bite to eat as we still had a meal credit each. Graham had a Chicken Caesar Salad and I had a burger. I had one last walk around the Grand Canyon Concourse and took some photos of the artwork and then we headed down to catch our Magical Express Bus.

SDC11459.jpg

SDC11468.jpg

The journey was smooth and we arrived at the airport in plenty of time. We dropped off our luggage and Graham went to find somewhere to sit. I had a quick look at Lush and the Disney and Seaworld shops. Once I had enough of this, we went through security and to our gate. I noticed that there was free WiFi on offer so I used the time to check my emails on my iPhone. I also finally got my traditional Green Tea Frappuccino.

Soon it was time to board. I had a pretty uneventful flight, but Graham either had picked up some virus or had eaten something that did not agree with him. Either way, he had a pretty rough flight. In any case, we were both glad when we were back home.

Epilogue

And with this installment, the trip report is officially finished. I am always a bit sad at this point. Doing a trip report is a way for me to relive the holiday and finishing it means the holiday is finished all over again.

This was an absolutely fantastic holiday and I hope that I have succeeded in providing you an accurate account, warts and all. However, there might have been one or two events that were less than magical, but it is the good memories that prevail and those I have by the ton. I am hoping that one day I can talk Graham into another Transatlantic cruise, maybe this time going into the opposite direction.

It is very fitting that as I type this I am sitting in the club lounge at the Crowne Plaza at Manchester airport. Yes, I am going on my next big adventure tomorrow. So it is not "goodbye", but "See you soon" for "East Meets West - A Wonderful Journey".

Corinna

Thanks so much for your report! I loved it. Can't wait until I have enough vacation to be able to do a TA. I did the 11 night Med last year and loved it. Have fun on the Panama Cruise!

Jill in CO

Thanks for sharing your lovely trip report with us Corinna. Have a fantastic time on the Wonder and I can't wait to read all about it ~ Have fun :)

Well done Corinna for finishing your report before your next holiday starts. I have really enjoyed reading it and it has convinced me that a Transatlantic Cruise is something I would enjoy trying one day.

I do hope you have an amazing time and look forward to reading all about it on your return as a Panama Canal cruise is another on my "must do" list.

Tammy

Corinna---loved the trip report! I don't wanna rush your PC cruise but I can't wait till you get back and pick your brain and have another trip report to read!! Have fun!!

Hi,

I have really enjoyed following your cruise. Thanks for sharing.
We're lucky enough to be doing the WBTA cruise this year and really looking forward to it.

Hope you enjoy your PC.

Thank you for a great report. You are a very entertaining writer, I love all the details you put in the report and I enjoy all your pictures. Right now you are probably flying over the Atlantic, so I hope you are having a smooth flight and that you have a fantastic cruise, it should be sepctatcular! I am looking forward to your next report. Karyn

Well done Corinna for finishing your report before your next holiday starts. I have really enjoyed reading it and it has convinced me that a Transatlantic Cruise is something I would enjoy trying one day.

I do hope you have an amazing time and look forward to reading all about it on your return as a Panama Canal cruise is another on my "must do" list.

Tammy

If you get the chance, I would absolutely recommend it. It was just an amazing experience. I have started off my new trip report, but probably won't get to the part when we got on the ship until the weekend.

Corinna

Corinna, I LOVE your door magnets - I must have missed your door on the PC cruise :(

That photo of you looking at Graham in front of the ship is so gorgous - and romantic, it brings tears to my eyes!

Oh, and THANK you for pointing out all the different photo ops! I'll make a chart from your report to make sure I don't miss any! note to self - Dimples needs Spanish outfit.

Thank you for writing. I enjoyed every word and photo!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter