TR | Happy Campers (December 2017)

Thanks, Gloria!

Our Lowes had a good bit too, except for the white Mickey shaped lights. I got the last one. I plan to do just one across the awning and regular white twinkles for a few strands around the trees.

Melissa, So happy you have a camper. It almost looks like our 1st (Rockwood). Loved to see the pictures of how big the kids have grown. Glad your crops did well this year. I know you will be like to have your home finished. We built ours & you get to a point where you are tired on working on it, but at the end it is all paid for. Our Lower had great Disney stuff! Wanted to buy it all. Can't wait to read all about your trip!

We leave in T minus 14 days!

The kids just finished their formal lessons. Next week will be school in the form of life lessons. We will be working on writing grocery lists, helping me shop, helping me cook for the big feast. Schools out till the New Year!!!

IMG_1619.JPG

Now, to start in on that HUGE to do before the big trip list. Hubby is priming the golf cart and building a box for the generator today. I'm going to start deep cleaning on the house and washing sheets in the camper.

Never mind the lack of trim. Trim is for Club Level and I am not worthy ;)

Cabinets and trim are coming in January.

Last edited:

Melissa up your kids have gotten so much bigger since I last saw them. Both Grace and Daniel look tall, they are taking after their daddy!

In the past I have taken all of our old bands and used different ones on different days. I always checked to make sure they worked to open room door and if they did I never had any problems getting into the parks. Also make sure they are still showing up on MDE. I guess you could try them out on the laundry door at the comfort station.

In the past I have taken all of our old bands and used different ones on different days. I always checked to make sure they worked to open room door and if they did I never had any problems getting into the parks. Also make sure they are still showing up on MDE. I guess you could try them out on the laundry door at the comfort station.

They will continue to work, the only issue is when the internal battery dies you lose the ability to read from long range. Then you would not get video on rides, or pictures automatic added to Photopass. They will continue to work on touch points even after the battery dies.

Full speed ahead on the to do list!

I have ordered (I think) all the Christmas presents. In addition to all the packing and "to dos" for this trip, I have to finish up all the Christmas shopping as well. Plus, it all needs wrapped and under our little tree. I'm pretty minimal when it comes to Christmas. The kids are just getting a few things as I strive for a "no plastic crap". This year, I think I did awesome in keeping things low-key, minimal, non-crap that will end up in the trash 7 days later. We will be arriving back home on December 20, so I want everything to be done on the Christmas shopping end.

Time to clean, time to wrap, time to get it done!!!

IMG_1636.jpg

Nice!

I'm excited mine is down to 96 days. I saw that 10 and my heart rate went up 30 beats. And if you don't mind, since your Christmas shopping is wrapped up, if you want to stop by on the way through to help with mine...

j

I'm not doing some elaborate over the top Christmas photo this year with the kids. I'm busy! I'm crazy! So let's just sit here in this comfy chair with your Christmas pjs on, and lets do this photo! Come on kids, I promise it won't hurt this year!

We leave in 5 days!

IMG_1646.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, the baby is getting big and if I remember the once or twice I've seen a pic of you, Grace is really starting to favor you.

5 more days?!!!! How are you sleeping? I'm exactly at 3 months and I'm starting to get anxious. DW asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said plane tickets. She said she wants Disney gift cards.

j

Yes, Charlotte is 16 months now. Thank you, Grace is the only one that favors me. Daniel & Charlotte are all hubby.

I'm up very early these days!
A week from today, right about now, we will be checking in.

Golf cart is finished. As soon as hubby drives it over from the cattle farm, I'll post some pics. Generator needs cleaned up today and mounted. Hubby thinks he might just put generator on golf cart and then run wiring to camper instead of mounting directly on camper back end. Today, I'm trying to do about 15 little tidbits around the house that need done before we leave.

Wish I had a before pic. The golf cart was looking rough. The paint was peeling from the back foot rest and it was rusting in some other spots too. She got completely taken apart, all the black metal was repainted and the body repainted too, (now white was cream) and detailed to look all clean for the big trip! I need to go on Monday to the sign shop and have them make me a new front sticker.

Beep! Beep!

IMG_1649.jpg

Last edited:
The cart looks great. Almost new. Tell DH he did a great job.

Just curious, but why are you taking the generator down? When I had my 2nd TT and dry camped at races, we had one mounted to a receiver hitch tray on the rear bumper. I had to reinforce the bumper since that is a lot of weight bouncing around, but it worked great. Had enough room for a couple of 5 gallon fuel jugs. I never ran it going down the road though. I did have one mounted in the front basement of my last 5er and I would run it while on the road to have the A/C cooling off the trailer before we got to the campground, but it was an RV generator and it was the same as a MH running it on the road for the same thing.

j

Need the generator for the trip down. That way we can run the heat and have all the power we need for cooking, etc. We have a new battery, but it won't power everything we need. I want my coffee in the mornings! Biggest thing is, we can stop wherever we want to as we travel and not have to make reservations at a campground for power. I'm ok with staying at a Loves Truck Stop or rest area.

He was going to make a box and mount it on the back, but decided to go with the easiest route and just put it in the back of the truck.

I want my coffee in the mornings!

He was going to make a box and mount it on the back, but decided to go with the easiest route and just put it in the back of the truck.
Ah, coffee. I was thinking everything except the A/C and microwave work off battery power. I didn't consider the coffee maker. :-)
I'm with you on a quick over night at Flying J, WalMart or where ever. When I was towing by my self, I'd do this unless it was summer hot. I need the A/C to sleep if it is over 80.
And easy is best when you LEAVE IN 5 DAYS! I'd throw it in the back of the truck and fire it up when you needed it.

j

I had to ask hubby about the generator. He says the battery will only power the slide out and lights. Nothing that plugs in or it drains the battery down.

I love not making plans and just going with the flow on vacation. So to have to leave at a certain time and be at a certain spot at a certain time and so forth, is just asking a lot ya know? I just need to be at the Fort early on Sunday morning for check in!

I had to ask hubby about the generator. He says the battery will only power the slide out and lights. Nothing that plugs in or it drains the battery down.
That's the cool thing about most campers. All the essentials run off 12 volt (battery) and/or propane. Water pump, furnace, refrigerator, water heater, lights, slides. Running all those things shouldn't drain the battery on the trip down. The battery should also charge off the truck while you're connected. Now A/C, microwave, TV and coffee need the generator.
Either way, if you have one, throwing it in the back of the truck makes it easy.

j

Well I'm officially crazy! When one has OCD and anxiety, there is always a new level of crazy right before a big trip. I can not leave until everything on my to do list is done.

Right now, I'm going to go grocery shopping for the trip and then working on getting the camper ready to go.

We plan to leave tomorrow.

Will it be noon or 10 pm, I don't know yet.

Well I'm officially crazy!

We plan to leave tomorrow.

Will it be noon or 10 pm, I don't know yet.

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!