Towel Animals

DISNEY CHICKIE

I'll be on the People Mover...
Hello! :wave2:

I have a quick question about towel animals....:laughing:

During our Mom/Son trip last year, we did not receive not one towel animal during our 5 day stay at AKL :( Since my son was 18 at the time, I thought maybe they only do towel animals for the younger kids? :confused3 We still had the best time ever, but each time we came back to our room, we were looking forward to a surprise towel animal. I know it sounds corny popcorn:: but it's the little things that really make our stay magical! :yay: Even if it is just one time! Any input on if they are just for the families with kiddies? We arrive at POFQ on June 1st and we are hoping for a little towel animal pixie dust! pixiedust:

Thank you! :thumbsup2

It has NOTHING to do with ages.DH and I got a few on a kids-free trip, and none on our trip with our daughter.Towel Animals are simply a "pixie" dust type thing that the housekeepers can do IF they know how and IF they have time while cleaning their assigned rooms.It is not something that could be guaranteed.

I got one and I was by myself! (My brother and his family were in a different room.)

Now, I cannot prove this was the reason for the towel animals for sure, but I can tell you what I experienced on our last trip.

My husband, two of our kids and I were registered in one room at POFQ, my mom, dad and DS were registered in the next room. I noticed my mom and dad got a towel animal every day, and we never did get one. After talking we realized that even though we were both planning on leaving a tip for maid service, my mom left a little every day, while I just let mine in one tip at the end of the week.

So, if you are planing on tipping housekeeping anyway you might try and leave a little each day...can't guarantee it will work, but it can't hurt! Good luck!

Yeah it doesn't have to do with age, just the mousekeeper who is working on your room.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Now, I cannot prove this was the reason for the towel animals for sure, but I can tell you what I experienced on our last trip.

My husband, two of our kids and I were registered in one room at POFQ, my mom, dad and DS were registered in the next room. I noticed my mom and dad got a towel animal every day, and we never did get one. After talking we realized that even though we were both planning on leaving a tip for maid service, my mom left a little every day, while I just let mine in one tip at the end of the week.

So, if you are planing on tipping housekeeping anyway you might try and leave a little each day...can't guarantee it will work, but it can't hurt! Good luck!

Oh I see! :goodvibes You know, that would make sense because last year we did what you did and left our tip at the end of our stay! :scared1: Well this year they will be getting tipped daily and we will see what happens! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I appreciate it! :worship:

We always stay at the WL & get a towel animal almost everyday on all of our visits. DD loves them. Like pp said before, we do tip every day with cute tipping envelopes we make before we leave.

It has nothing to do with tips and nothing to do with ages. We got them on our mom/daughter trip... and I was the daughter (at 29). We did tip daily, but you could leave $100 bucks a day and still not get them. It is extra pixie dust that happens randomly and can not be counted on for any trip. Some mousekeepers can make them and some can't. Some days are busier then others and they might not have time. Some days the mousekeeper might simply forget for one reason or another. There really is no way to know.

DH and I have no kids and we always get towel animals.

When I went with 2 girlfriends after college graduation we got towel animals.

It's just up to your mousekeeper to do them if they ahve time.

DH and I never tip until the last day.

It doesn't have to do with tips neccessarily either...We tip daily every visit.We get towel animals about 50% of the time

I think it depends on your Mousekeeper and how much time she/he has. We tip daily and I can't recall it making a difference one way or another.

If you like towel animals, try DCL some time -- you get one every night on the ship!:goodvibes

RESORT TOWEL ANIMALS:

1) They are prepared by the room maid.
2) All maids are trained in basic animals.
3) Some have been trained to do advanced animals.
4) Tipping or not tipping does not influence maids making animals.
5) Animals cannot be assured by request or order.
6) Whether you get animals is based upon
. . . if the maid has time
. . . if the maid has the energy
. . . if the maid has the initiative
. . . if the maid likes the way you keep the room
. . . if the maid is an employee or temporary staffer
. . . if the maid is working during the correct phase of the moon
7) Expect nothing, and be pleased if they appear.

I agree that it has nothing to do with tipping. Twice we've arrived at a resort to find a towel animal waiting for us, i.e. before we had any chance to leave tips.

We always stay at the WL & get a towel animal almost everyday on all of our visits. DD loves them. Like pp said before, we do tip every day with cute tipping envelopes we make before we leave.

LOVE the cute tipping envelope idea! :goodvibes

RESORT TOWEL ANIMALS:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

RESORT TOWEL ANIMALS:

Expect nothing, and be pleased if they appear.

:thumbsup2

Thanks all! :)

RESORT TOWEL ANIMALS:

1) They are prepared by the room maid.
2) All maids are trained in basic animals.
3) Some have been trained to do advanced animals.
4) Tipping or not tipping does not influence maids making animals.
5) Animals cannot be assured by request or order.
6) Whether you get animals is based upon
. . . if the maid has time
. . . if the maid has the energy
. . . if the maid has the initiative
. . . if the maid likes the way you keep the room
. . . if the maid is an employee or temporary staffer
7) Expect nothing, and be pleased if they appear.

Number 2 is not true. My DD was a mousekeeper for a while at CR and she did not know how to make them. She said they had classes but it was not mandatory.

Also, try to remember that the maids work hard and are not necessarily doing the same rooms everyday. So, if you leave a big tip at the end of your stay it may all go to a person who just did your room for the first time that last day and not the one (or two) who did it throughout your week!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter