Towel Animals

We had two "ducks" half=way through our trip at POFQ. We were more than happy, though the poster with loads was really lucky.

I was under the impression the towels used would be thrown away as old so taking them home was fine. I know we have them on top of our TV at home now.

I think they are meant for enjoyment in your room. We do not take them home. :goodvibes

Its just that I read on another site (Mom's Panel I think its called?) that they're a gift for you to take home. I'll have a word with a cast member when I go and if we get any towel animals I'll see if we can bring them home with us. I just love the idea of them, so cute! :stitch:

We stayed in a TPV room over at the Poly last year dd age 5 son 3 and never got one either. I think we shall get one this time. My daughter made mousekeeping some cute pictures and decorated the envelopes. Maybe we will get some this time pixiedust:

Outside of the Mickey head towel that everyone seems to get, this was the only other animal we had during our stay at the Poly last June.

7169997601_37e00cd20d_c.jpg

Its just that I read on another site (Mom's Panel I think its called?) that they're a gift for you to take home. I'll have a word with a cast member when I go and if we get any towel animals I'll see if we can bring them home with us. I just love the idea of them, so cute! :stitch:

By all means ask a CM, I personally wouldn't take them home anyway, we already have enough clutter in our house, lol!

By all means ask a CM, I personally wouldn't take them home anyway, we already have enough clutter in our house, lol!

Oh, us too. We think of the towel animals as a special Disney thing, they would not have the same magic at our house (mostly because they would probably end up buried under our usual house clutter).

We tipped every day, and had them in our room every day. Connection? Who knows!

We returned to the room early in order to rest up for the Christmas Party, and our Mousekeeper was inside. After she finished, she made a point to thank us for the tip we left each day. Although the towel animals were great, the personal thank you was better!

My favorite was the night we returned where all of the animals and dolls our children had purchased were lined up on the sofa with the TV on, remote in hand, and pigtails in Pocahontas's hair! What a great memory for our children!

On our most recent trip we had towel creations almost every day. We tend to keep our room really neat, with all our stuff picked up and no clutter left around. I have to believe the maids appreciate being able to "get in and get out" when working in a room, and will spend a little more time on animals when it doesn't take as long to clean the room.

When I was at ASMu a few weeks ago, there was one waiting in the room when I checked in - which worked out well for me as I had to switch rooms twice and so it meant three of them :cool1: I got a lobster (I think it's a lobster?) and two birds, and then also two of the little fan-shaped soap holder things. I brought mine home and set up the soap holders in the bathroom, and the birds and lobster sit on my Disney shelf in my room :goodvibes

When I was there last July, I got an incredible colorful peacock thing that was too cute, and I carefully brought it home and set it up in my bathroom. About a month later my roommate knocked it on the floor, took it apart and washed the towels, and then gave the folded towels to me explaining what happened and saying "you can put it back together now" as if she though it was ME who'd made it in the first place?! I made it very clear this time that they are not to be taken apart because I actually don't have crazy towel-origami skills:sad2:

We have stayed 3 times with the exact same guesst. We got a bunny our first night on our first trip only at ASM. We have never had a towel animal again and we clean our room ever day. We tip at the end. I don't mind though. We have so much fun at Disney anyway and I think the maids do a great job keeping our rooms cleaned up for us :)

I have had multiple towel animals, I have had none. I tip sometimes, other times I don't.
I have been told by housekeeping that if you have a towel animal left for you, it is yours to take. We have a nice collection of them here at home.

But, if you have a housekeeper that doesn't know how to make a towel animal? No amount of tipping will get you one. Some housekeepers have other housekeepers make them for them..they they can leave them for the guests. But usually only those houekeepers that know how to make them, will leave them.
My funniest towel animal story??? I had taken my eldest dd, then 34, to WDW for her first time. We stayed at Pop for the first 2 nights. My dd had seen our collection of towel animals and was really hoping to find one in our room. Well, we got to our room and nothing!!! We had seen some in the windows on the way to our room, so were hoping to find one in our room. Well, dd figured it just wasn't her lucky day...she was sad (if you can imagine an adult being sad because she didn't get a folded up towel!!!!!) but got over it. We went outside to look out on the resort....we were talking about how funny it was that some rooms had towel animals and some didn't. She said that she really hoped that her next stay in WDW get her one. We heard someone laughing behind us....it was a housekeeper. She beckoned to us...and pointed to our window!!! Ummmm, there were two towel animals, sitting there. We hadn't gone past the window when we arrived, and we didn't open the drapes when we got inside...so never knew they were there. It was too funny!!

At my first Pop stay, we saw towel animals everywhere...except for the area our room was in. We continued seeing the darned things all over Pop, but not in bldg 2, 3rd floor!!! I had to assume that we had a housekeeper that didn't make them. Not to mention that our housekeeper was the slowest housekeeper we ever had. We are very tidy...even make up the beds before leaving for the day. All that has to be done is replace toileties and towels, and maybe swipe the counter. But, on a few occasions, we returned to the room after 2pm and the room wasn't made up yet!!! Drove me nuts. One time we returned at 3:15, the housekeeper was a few doors down from our end of the floor room. It took her until 4:30 to get to our room!!! Obviously she wasn't busy making up towel animals!!!! Oh, and we tipped every day..up until that point anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!