Touchy questions

Does she realize that you both have kind of lost touch? If so, then maybe it so be that bad because she may understand. The best thing to do is just come right out and be honest.

I had the same issue with one of my friends. We had grown apart, but I had already asked her to be in my weddiing before we did. It is a sticky situation, but here is what I did.

I explained the financial obligations of a destination wedding and told her to think about what she could do. I think she was aware of the distance that had come between us and she decided she could not do it. I have realized over the past couple of months that it is asking alot of my friends to fly out to florida, stay in a hotel for several nights, buy park passes, and not to mention the regular bridesmaid obligations. It has been hard enough bearing the guilt of making really supportive and generous friends partake in MY dream wedding. I would suggest having supportive friends with you because it gets stressful at the four month mark and you dont need added stress and guilt.

Cat :cutie:

I had the same situation with two of my bridesmaids. I got engaged a couple of years ago and back then they were really great friends, but as time went on we grew further apart! when it was time to do things with the bridesmaids, I just didn't contact them. I wasn't invited to one of their weddings and wasn't told about it either! We didn't have a fight, we just grew apart and that's ok! You dont want to have someone in your wedding party that isn't a special part of your life anymore!! I hope that helps :)

I had the same situation with two of my bridesmaids. I got engaged a couple of years ago and back then they were really great friends, but as time went on we grew further apart! when it was time to do things with the bridesmaids, I just didn't contact them. I wasn't invited to one of their weddings and wasn't told about it either! We didn't have a fight, we just grew apart and that's ok! You dont want to have someone in your wedding party that isn't a special part of your life anymore!! I hope that helps :)

This is exactly what my DH did. He was in the same situation as you and like Rustyflowr said, he just didn't contact the guy. It turned out to be fine because he still came to our wedding and we went to his, but just as guests. There were no hard feelings and I think they both realized it was just a fact of life. Good luck!

I haven't spoken to my MOH in 8-9 months and really have no idea if we'll see or talk again. Just move on. I doubt you'll regret it.

Sounds like a non-issue to me. She did not even invite you to her wedding so I think that levels the playing field. If she still expects to be in yours I would be very suprised. Just send her a regular invite and do not bring it up. If she asks just pretend you thought you were doing her a favor since you aren't that close in proximity anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter