• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Topolinos no longer allows more than one entree?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I just saw an article that said that Topolinos no longer was allowing more than one entree, is that true? I’ve been a few times and every time we were allowed to order other dishes just smaller without the sides to try more than one thing. They stopped doing this and now you can only get your one entree?

As of January 17, when I last ate there, you could order a main entree and one other entree as small side dish. I had the avocado toast as my main and fruit as my second, side dish.

I was there in January for breakfast and they explained we could order a main and smaller version of a second entree.

So IF that policy has changed it’s only very recently.

I was there for breakfast and dinner in November.

No one tried to order a second main at dinner,

however, for breakfast they encouraged it….

‘’best steak and egg I have ever had was there chief filet and some fancy veggie Omelette. It was amazing.

i think my wife try 3 or 4 little plate to start….

I was there on Sunday and could get one additional smaller portion entree as a side. I was told by our server that starting mid-month you would no longer be able have the additional entree.

I was there on Sunday and could get one additional smaller portion entree as a side. I was told by our server that starting mid-month you would no longer be able have the additional entree.

Ugh that's annoying. It was a big selling point for us. We'll still keep the reservation though.

Topolino's is also an odd duck, I think, in that it's prix fixe for breakfast but a la carte for dinner.

We were just there Jan 27th. You order your main meal, and another entree as a side (smaller portion). To us it was more than enough, they also serve you pastries before your meal comes out. Our adult boys, couldn't finish their whole meal, steak and side. One of the boys ordered a steak as a main meal, and had the eggs & potatoes on the side - he couldn't finish it. It was a meal for Gaston for sure.

We were just there Jan 27th. You order your main meal, and another entree as a side (smaller portion). To us it was more than enough, they also serve you pastries before your meal comes out. Our adult boys, couldn't finish their whole meal, steak and side. One of the boys ordered a steak as a main meal, and had the eggs & potatoes on the side - he couldn't finish it. It was a meal for Gaston for sure.
While it's too bad to not have a second smaller entry to taste, I agree it's more than enough food and then I'll have more room to eat more pastries. I went to 'Ohana breakfast on the same trip and couldn't believe they were the exact same price. I bet a majority will be getting the steak when this changes...and they probably won't sell many fruit and yogurt plates.

Are the pastries unlimited? We have a party of five adults and two children and one basket for the table won’t be enough.

Are the pastries unlimited? We have a party of five adults and two children and one basket for the table won’t be enough.
Sounds like it maybe be YMMV but I have gone twice and have many friends who have gone and getting refills has never been an issue. In vlogs I’ve always seen people get refills. We had five people and they brought two baskets last month.

So sad. It was the best breakfast on property. Went 2 years ago and they gave us unlimited "sides". Kinda reminds me of what happened at Aulani. Makahiki used be an amazing breakfast buffet. After the pandemic, it's just a set menu but the prices remained the same. A huge ripoff. Oh wells. I guess all good things eventually come to an end.

Well that's kind of a bummer if it starts on the 16th. We have reservations for the 18th. If it still hasn't been confirmed by then I'll report back after our breakfast.
Please do! I’m looking forward to hearing the real truth

Well that's kind of a bummer if it starts on the 16th. We have reservations for the 18th. If it still hasn't been confirmed by then I'll report back after our breakfast.
Same. We will be there the 20th. It’s still more than enough food, but it was nice to get the steak and then some fruit or a quiche on the side. When we went New Year’s Day they did ask if we wanted a refill on the pastry basket for our table of 3

I was able to pick up a reservation for this morning the night before which was great I was trying to get in to take my parents for our grandparent trip. They didn’t mention anything about a policy change and still let us get the addition entry on the side. One thing different than previous trips was they wouldn’t bring out any food for my toddler since she’s under 3. Before they’d bring out eggs or fruit and one time they brought a ton of dishes for the two babies we had with us. She didn’t really want any of the main entrees but had the pastries.

If these changes are true, I wonder if it will be easier to book Topolinos in the future. It’s been THE reservation to get the last 2 years. I’m thinking Disney knows this and are pushing their limit on how much they can take away while keeping up demand. I already know that they’ve lost me. Their breakfast is good. But not $45pp good. Peace out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter