too much food - day 3

pooch

Still feeling special!!
ok, where was I?? Oh yeah, day 3 of the WAYYY TOO MUCH FOOD TRIP!!!

Breakfast this morning was donuts, juice and the infamous in room coffee. All fine for us.

Hit Epcot around 12:30, did a few things and DS said "HUNGRY!!" so we headed to Sunshine Seasons at the Land. Not crowded at all, it was about 2PM, and we all wandered around looking at all the stations. I liked the fact that we could all go our own way and not have to go to the cashier together. We all got what we wanted, went thru the checkout line individually and met up at the table. DD and DH got the Black Forest Ham sandwiches which were huge and delicious. DS got the chinese entree w/ 2 sides - S & S chicken I think, rice and Lo Mein. He ate a little more than half of it and enjoyed it. I got the Beef flatbread w/greens. It tasted very good, but was a little dry. DH had to comment on the "grass clippings" but I like that kind of lettuce. I do remember them trying to put a sauce on it which I declined, in retrospect should have taken it on the side. Didn't stop me from finishing it though!! Desserts were 2 brownies, a chocolate mouse cake and a Mickey bar, all good. This was the only CS meal we actually finished all 4 of. DS was able to get an energy drink (Full Throttle?) as his drink. Sunshine Seasons was good but, if you have picky eaters, I think you might have trouble here.

4 CS's - $57.19

Dinner that evening was at Coral Reef. We had eaten here a LONG time ago (1989) and since DS & I are seafood lovers, thought we'd try it again. We had 7:00 ADR'S but checked in about 6:30. We were told that they were running 20-30 minutes late and there was quite a crowd. DH was impressed with me, again, as we watched MANY people being turned away. Waited probably 30 minutes, not bad though. It was raining out and very muggy so the A/C felt good. We were seated at a circular table facing the tank on the 2nd level, good spot no complaints. Our server was Gary. He asked about DDP and quickly went over everything. The kids ordered specialty drinks, a Sour Apple & a Strawberry Freeze for which we paid OOP (10.31). He also told them they were entitled to another drink and to let him know when, and if, they wanted it.
Appetizers: Shrimp cocktail - 6 large, well chilled shrimp with a good cocktail sauce served in a martini glass. Mine, a perfect sized portion I thought, and very tasty. DH - Lobster soup also a good portion and DH liked it (little did we know, the BEST was still to come!) DD - Caesar Salad - this would be her appie almost everywhere, doesn't like seafood or most soups - my picky one!! Salad was basic caesar salad - no complaints. DS had his favorite - Calamari rings, not greasy or chewy, liked these over the ones he was to have later in the week at Alfredo's. I ate a few & they were very good. DD & DH think we're crazy! Squid?!?!? YUCK!

Entrees: again, DD & DH not big seafood fans and they both had the Strip Steak, medium this time (yes they can be taught!!) and ate with no complaint. DS had the spicy catfish and LOVED it. I eat seafood but am woefully bad at preparing it so DS has it at every opportunity when we're out. The catfish was high on his list of favorites that week.

Now, in deference to KATH1210, who apparently was at Coral Reef that same night but we had not met yet, I am not from Mayland. Being from New England, I know a good lobster and a great fresh steamer clam but apparently I don't know beans about crab cakes. That having been said, I liked mine. It was large and a little spicy (ok, I admit I can't even eat medium salsa so spicy is a very relative term to me!) and I though it tasted good!! I do hope some day to have Kathy show me the error of my ways!!

Dessert was cheesecake and cheesecake and cheesecake and a Happiest Celebration dessert to go. Delicious midnight snacks!!

Gary was very nice but hard to find!!! He refilled our drinks adequately but especially when we were looking for the check, he seemed to disappear! We always tease DD about how long she spends in the ladies room after dinner & we were beginning to take bets as to who would return first, her or Gary. DD won, hands down!! In his defence, it was very busy.

Total 4 TS - $226.15 our most expensive meal of the stay

Total for day 3 $283.34 plus 10.31 OOP & a $5 tip

Total so far $519.43

Tomorow MGM Studios - HEAT!!! - SCi-Fi and the much maligned H & V!!!

Great reviews, looking forward to the next installment. :stitch2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter