• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tony's Town Square Lunch Review-Including Pics

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
DH and I just returned from WDW using the Disney Dining Plan. Our TS's included: Tony's Town Square (Lunch), Grand Floridian Cafe (Dinner), Chef Mickey's (Breakfast), Le Cellier (Dinner), and Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner Package). You can see my other reviews here:

Grand Floridian Cafe
Mama Melrose

Tony's Town Square, July 18

Our reservation was for 12:30pm, and we arrived right on time. We checked in and they told us to have a seat and they would call us. We sat for a couple of minutes before they called our name. We loved the atmosphere, very cute. We were seated in the indoor part of the restaurant, almost directly in front of the Lady and the Tramp group picture. Our server was very pleasant. We had planned to order breadsticks for our appetizer because it was the only option we liked, but then she told us the soup of the day was Chicken Tortelini, so we decided we would try that. I thought the soup was okay, but DH didn't like it very much though he did try to finish it. For our entrees, DH chose the special of the day, chicken parm, and I ordered
the baked ziti.

Chicken Parm
34768%3B355%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D32339774729%3B6nu0mrj

Baked Ziti
34768%3B355%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D323397746974%3Anu0mrj

Sorry about DH's arm in the chicken parm. picture. He didn't like the idea of me snapping pictures, so this was about as good as it could get!

The food was good, but we got full way too fast!! Neither of us could finish our entrees, but since we were on dining plan, we decided to try a dessert anyways. Our waitress mentioned that we could get the That's Amore Cooler, but not in the souvenior mug. By this point we were stuffed, tired, and ready for a nap, so we asked if we could order these to go. She said we could, but that they would be in a smaller cup. So we agreed that would be fine, and I ordered the cookies and cream cooler and DH got the Strawberry Lemonade one:

That's Amore Cooler:
34768%3B355%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233977472%3A26nu0mrj

I asked our waitress to take our photo after dinner, and she happily agreed:
34768%3B355%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3289%3E%3B%3B2%3E3%3C3%3EWSNRCG%3D3233977469754nu0mrj

Overall, we loved the food and atmosphere. We like places like the Olive Garden and Johnny Corrinos, so this was a good place for us. If we return, we could definitely eat here again!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the pictures and reviews. We plan on eating at Tony's next week.

Saw that your DH ate Chicken Parmesan at both Tony's and Mama Melrose. Which did he think was better?

Thank you for the review! My kids have been on a Lady and the Tramp kick and we might try to get an ADR for a TTS lunch in Sept. It looks like a good place to take a little afternoon break.

Your pictures were great!

Thanks for the review. We ate dinner at Tony's and are thinking to go back for lunch on our next adventure. The do give large portions.

You and you DH ordered exactly what we would have ordered. :goodvibes

We go back Easter of 2007 and just like the last week of June 2006 - WDW will be filled with guests - so I am trying to plan before our October 180 day mark our meals. Best to have an ADR when the kids get hungry and lots of people at WDW.

Again thank you for the wonderful photo's - and we do not mind your DH's arm - it gives the picture some character :rotfl:

Thanks for the review! I leave soon and was just coming here to look for some Tony reviews. That baked ziti looks good.

Sam

Can't really say which chicken parm. is better, DH gave them two thumbs up. Personally, I think the dish at Tony's looked better than MM. I think the dish at MM looked drier, to me it didn't look like it had enough sauce, but DH said it was fine.

Great review! I can't wait to try it in when I go in November!

Thanks for the review. We will be heading there in Sept and I was getting worried since most reviews for Tony's weren't that good. The ziti looks yummy.

That chicken parm doesn't look very appetizing wih the pile of plain noodles beside it but your ziti looked yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter