Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson say they have coronavirus

How do you know it is not widespread in the south right now? How could anyone know without testing?
I agree. There is definitely testing happening here now so that could change. Just speculating if it’s not b/c cases are undetected but rather b/c of temps.

I agree. There is definitely testing happening here now so that could change. Just speculating if it’s not b/c cases are undetected but rather b/c of temps.
Of course, there are likely many more with the virus but most will be fine or only have mild symptoms.

Studies from China suggest the "sweet spot" for Covid-19 is 47 degrees. There's still hope warm weather will significantly slow the virus.
I hope you are right but keep in mind that scientists found pristine samples of the influenza virus to study in people buried in the perma frost of Alaska. No idea if the two viruses are similar on that level.
Just an FYI: there's an excellent episode on PBS' "The American Experience" on the influenza pandemic. If anyone has PBS Passport they can probably stream it.

65 I believe, with 3 deaths.
And it’s summer there, I was hoping summer would help

We have nearly 150 cases and yes, 3 deaths. Last night there were 126 cases - all but 28 have links to overseas travel. However, we have tested more people than the US has, despite our smaller population and not also being in the midst of flu season.

I just read that they returned to the States for the Oscars and have only been back in Australia for about a week, so authorities believe they also contracted it overseas.

Last edited:
Just read they are out of the hospital after a 5 day stay. They will be quarantined at a private home

I wonder why a 5 day hospital stay with "mild" symptoms. I guess they have plenty of beds to go around...

Probably because

1. It's Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
2. They are both over 60
3. Tom has diabetes

Probably wanted to keep a close eye on them to make sure they didn't rapidly go downhill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter