Tokens/gifts/etc for fellow travelers

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
I am so used to making t-shirts, autograph books, thank you mint holders, etc for our Disney trips that I feel like I'm being lazy this year. Have you ever made (or received) something from your fellow travelers? Care to share any ideas?

I've been on 3 ABD's, and never received anything from any of the other guests on my ABD's. Never even occurred to me to expect anything.

Sayhello

We are leaving Tuesday for a DCL trip--and the disboards for that trip are full of ideas/discussion re gifts and things to leave in hangers on the fish clips next to the stateroom door. Very different on the ABD trips--great discussions, friendships to be made for sure, but generally speaking everyone (family groups/couples etc) head off in their own directions for their mini adventures. It may be due in part to staying in one place for your accommodations on the ship, and having a lot of down time during sea days etc--but the culture is sure different between the two!

While we didn't bring gifts for our fellow travellers, we did bring gifts for our Adventure Guides. We live in Mexico and there is a very distinctive type of pottery made in our city, so we picked up some small covered dishes, one for each and at the end of the trip gave it to each Adventure Guide along with a little note of thanks and their tip. They were so surprised and appreciative we were glad we did:)

Just responding to WeloveABD's comment -- we have cruised twice on Disney, and loved every minute of it. But for whatever reason, there were not big Disboard threads/presents etc. on our cruises. We were pretty much on our own as a family, except for a few times one of my kids met up with a girl she met on DIS. We had a fantastic time.

In comparison, on our ABD trips, we bonded closely with many of our fellow group members, and felt pretty darn close and friendly with almost everyone. In our free time we often hooked up with several other families/couples and went out to dinner or touring together. The ABD trips had far more closeness than the cruises.

That said -- there does not seem to be a tradition of gift giving to fellow ABD group members. That seems to have grown out of the fact that there are so very many people on each cruise, you can generally find a bunch on the DIS to plan/anticipate with. On an ABD, however, there may not be anyone in your group who has ever been on the DIS boards (except you, of course...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter