To whom it may concern....

I acutally feel tall for the first time in my life. 5 foot 5 inches.

I love my Eddie Bauer Explorer. I am addicted to those heated seats.

I think I am going to move up to an Expedition next go round - probably in the spring. I do want a third seat though.

i could NEVER drive an suv. way to big for me. i love my volvo! it's the perfect size for me. my dh calls it the "hollvo"! (my name is holly for those of you who don't know) BUT, it does not alot of room. very safe, but a very tiny trunk. i'd love to have the xc-90, which is the volvo suv, but i don't think i could drive it. those of you that drive the big suv's good for you. i do have to confess that i drove a trash truck for the city on my 1st summer after high school! i can drive that, but not an suv. go figure!!

I wish I could drive an SUV, but I find myself straining to see over the front. I'm 5 foot and 3/4 of an inch, and in my first car (a Honda Civic), I had to have a cushion to see over the front end of the car. I have a Toyota Matrix now (just got it last December), and I LOVE that car!! It is my favorite! :)

This might make you laugh and y'all don't know how prissy I am but I am the keep my nails done all the time type but am not afraid to get dirty.

Anyway, my old boyfriend was super big into deer hunting, dog field trials, etc and I would go with him. I drive through the woods in his big ol' souped up 4 X 4 with the mud tires on it and get out to pick up hunting dogs and put them in the box with their leashes draped over my neck wearing my coveralls........but I did have them monogrammed in hot pink....

I don't know what tickled the good ol' boys more, me callin' dogs or the monogrammed coveralls.

It was a lot of fun but you may not appreciate that redneck humor.

This might make you laugh and y'all don't know how prissy I am but I am the keep my nails done all the time type but am not afraid to get dirty.

Anyway, my old boyfriend was super big into deer hunting, dog field trials, etc and I would go with him. I drive through the woods in his big ol' souped up 4 X 4 with the mud tires on it and get out to pick up hunting dogs and put them in the box with their leashes draped over my neck wearing my coveralls........but I did have them monogrammed in hot pink....

I don't know what tickled the good ol' boys more, me callin' dogs or the monogrammed coveralls.

It was a lot of fun but you may not appreciate that redneck humor.

That's awesome! I "speak redneck", so I get it! ;) One night, I had to chaperone a dance at school, and one of my girls I coached had her boyfriend come pick her up. She went out to the truck to get in, and he said, "No, we've got to go back up and see Brooke." She asked why, and he said, "I've got a new huntin' dog, I've got to show her!" :thumbsup2 I have to say, no monogrammed coveralls here, but I like the idea!!

I didn't have him from hello....I knew I had him when he named one of the pick of the litters - SusieQ. She turned out to be the winningest dog he ever had. We broke up....I married someone else and then got divorced. She died right before we dated again. But we aren't together now. We still talk every now and then but after 8 years of looking - either it is or isn't and seems to be it ain't.

WOW - that was a tangent.

redneck woman here too.

Can't drive a Volvo, my legs are to short so I eat steering wheel but I can drive my truck, the butt part of the seat lifts up so I can see over the steering wheel.
Now if that isn't tag worthy I don't know what is.....:rotfl2:

I'm a Ford Expedition girl! I LOVE all the room! I am not a big fan of driving it though. My husband made the mistake of buying me a really pretty zippy car before I got pregnant with DS. Then when I got pregnant with DS we traded it in :sad: for Bessie (our affectionate name for the Expedition). Bessie does have the DVD player in it, which is fantastic for traveling the great state of Texas. However, I have learned that apparently Bessie does not have the zippy get-up-and-go that my previous car had. :lmao: I got my mothers driving skills- she used to race Corvettes.

My truck is a big ol' honkin' Excursion.
I may look sweet and petite, but when I fire up that diesel, I'm one big, bad truckin' mama.:drive:

Only in the Creative Community can a thread go from a hug fest to comparing redneck cars. You guys crack me up.

Only in the Creative Community can a thread go from a hug fest to comparing redneck cars. You guys crack me up.

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2
We are a jack of all trades!!!

BAMB~ Can't drive a Volvo, my legs are to short so I eat steering wheel but I can drive my truck, the butt part of the seat lifts up so I can see over the steering wheel.
Now if that isn't tag worthy I don't know what is.....My seats do that too!!! DH eats the steering wheel column when he gets in and bangs his knees into the dash!:rotfl2: I also can move my brake and gas paddle up closer to me!!!

Susie~ I so understand the prissy side to redneck! I was prissy when I was in high school..but would go out afterschool and work on cars w/ the football boys after practice.. why? He was the cutest thing ever! He and I should have been...but he thought he was better than me... Now, I'm happily married,5 kids and he still calls my daddy to check and see how we are doin'.. Daddy says he gets a little upset to find out we are still together! :rotfl2: Hey, it could have been...but he made a choice.. the wrong choice! I can't thank him enough!

Oh, you have one of those happy cars. They are so cute. Just like VW bugs. They make you smile when you see them.

It is my happy car, even more so at the gas pump with prices as they are! I can't imagine driving a big SUV. We're still right at $3 a gallon

I love my monster truck, but it does drink up the diesel. DH has actually looked into homebrewing biodiesel.
I'm sure we would have a smaller car if we didn't need the towing capability. The Excursion is our only vehicle since DH has a company car. It didn't make sense to get a pickup that would just sit there while I drove something else. A pickup would be fun, but we wouldn't be able to haul anyone other than family members due to space. The Excursion allows friends to go and it keeps the groceries dry. Being a SAHM, I don't have to drive much every day, so the 44 gallon tank lasts a while, close to a month.

I'm a SAHM, I only run on about 20.00 every 2 weeks...they only time I use more than that is during sports season when I have to drive to away meets/games.... I don't car pool w/ other parents because I usually have my gang of children w/ me.. or DH are meeting places to exchange kids for other activities!

I have a 12 gallon tank, it's around $35 or so to fill up these days. that lasts me about a week and a half or so, driving back and forth to work and other odds and ends. DBF does a lot of the weekend driving and when we take a road trip, we take my car (he has a pick up truck)

I live in the heart of redneck country so I understand! I would have students bring in their latest deer pictures during hunting season all eager to show me and I'll tell you I was proud of each one. We actually had the first day of hunting season off school.

I would love to be able to drive a big 'ol truck but I have a hard time just getting in them. I'm 5'4" but have short legs. I have to pull myself into my BIL's huge ram diesel anytime I ride with him. I'm a proud minivan driving mama. I looked for a year until I bought mine and it's about time to get another and I'm really dreading it.

let's see gas today was $3.09, all time low as of late. It costs about $65 to fill it, sometimes it will last me the week maybe a week and a half. Depends on how many trips I make to the scrapbook store and the airport. DH and I looked at getting a mini or a bug because most of the time it's just me and the kids or me a DD but they are only 4 passenger cars. DH said he can modify the seats and add another belt but we'll see. 3 more payments and my truck is mine free and clear so I'm hoping to be car payment free for at least a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter