To those who have not returned yet - what will get you back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what I asked. I politely asked you to stop replying to and using my posts so you can push your agenda and to sell a product....and if you didn't have an agenda, you wouldn't keep inserting your comments on each reply. Please show some respect and stop. walk away. I'll do the same.

I’m only responding because I’m being falsely accused of having an agenda. I have no agenda. I’m trying to help people with something that can make their Disney trip better if they choose to go during the pandemic. Please stop with the accusations and I won’t have to reply to defend myself. (Or use the ignore button as I indicated in my last post.)

I’m only responding because I’m being falsely accused of having an agenda. I have no agenda. I’m trying to help people with something that can make their Disney trip better if they choose to go during the pandemic. Please stop with the accusations and I won’t have to reply to defend myself. (Or use the ignore button as I indicated in my last post.)

The ignore button doesn't prevent you from quoting my posts and replying with continued comments regarding masks and mask products. As I indicated at the onset, I am not interested in debating this, but you relentlessly continue to push a position with your comments (whether its called an agenda or a position - I don't care. Its not something I want associated with my posts). So please, just stop.

Clearly you didn't read between the lines of my post, so allow me to be more clear. Good for you means I don't care what you think, what you have to say or how much virtue signaling and condescension you mask with your response.

Im not wearing a mask on my vacation. Go debate this with someone else and kindly stop replying to my posts.
If you don't want people responding or discussing your posts, maybe don't post them on a discussion board. You have no control over who or who does not respond to you, nor should you.

I’m legitimately interested in this (not a joke).

Could you please provide some scientific, peer-reviewed studies? Everything I’ve read and seen (and experienced first-hand) has indicated the opposite.
There's not any lol. Some people will just believe what they want and refuse to believe what the science tells them. Then get defensive for no reason when someone challenges them.

There's not any lol. Some people will just believe what they want and refuse to believe what the science tells them. Then get defensive for no reason when someone challenges them.
Im not defensive at all. If masks worked we’d see some evidence of it.

Here, explain this.....

D0FBDBF1-D034-4D2A-B19A-233473142266.png

Here, explain this.....

View attachment 555229

This is just a graph of how many people got Covid. It doesn’t indicate how they got it, where they got it, who was wearing masks, or anything of the sort.

I really do want to see an actual scientific, peer reviewed study indicating that masks are useless.

Here, explain this.....

View attachment 555229
And how exactly does this graph show that masks don't work? Or are you just trying to imply something that isn't there. Correlation does not equal causation. So unless you show proof that masks do not work, the evidence is not there.
My countless hours spent with Covid positive patients, many times in only a surgical mask because it wasn't known, and me yet to have gotten sick is all the proof I need. But all the studies out there showing their effectiveness makes it easy.

But continue to post misleading/inaccurate info if it makes you feel better. I'll continue to gladly wear my mask while spending my days helping people recover from this awful virus. Many of them many months after "recovering", yet still too debilitated to be home.

If you don't want people responding or discussing your posts, maybe don't post them on a discussion board. You have no control over who or who does not respond to you, nor should you.

You're absolutely correct. I dont have control over what someone posts - but I doubt you would take kindly to me piggybacking every one of your posts while pushing a position you may not feel is something you want to be connected with. Which is why I politely asked the poster to stop. She doesn't have to....but I'm trying to give her an opportunity to do the right thing here.

This is just a graph of how many people got Covid. It doesn’t indicate how they got it, where they got it, who was wearing masks, or anything of the sort.

I really do want to see an actual scientific, peer reviewed study indicating that masks are useless.
😳

700F04CE-B13D-47E0-A6DB-44F9C9311981.jpeg

There’s literally hundreds of them.

Also the charts literally show that masks aren’t stopping spread. Why? All those states have bad actors all at once, followed by everyone behaving? Thats honestly what you believe?

😳

View attachment 555230

There’s literally hundreds of them.

Also the charts literally show that masks aren’t stopping spread. Why? All those states have bad actors all at once, followed by everyone behaving? Thats honestly what you believe?

Those studies are for influenza, and my educated guess is that the studies were to see whether or not a mask wearer contracted a virus (not weather or not the mask wearer SPREAD the virus).

We know that most masks don’t do a ton as far as preventing the wearer from getting Covid. What masks do is prevent large droplets of an infected person from entering the air. This, unfortunately, still seems to be a common misconception. My mask protects you and your mask protects me.

This thing has not spread like wildfire through schools like the flu has in the past. We all know kids (especially little ones) are germ vectors. If masks didn’t work, there would be a lot more kids getting this thing at school.

You're absolutely correct. I dont have control over what someone posts - but I doubt you would take kindly to me piggybacking every one of your posts while pushing a position you may not feel is something you want to be connected with. Which is why I politely asked the poster to stop. She doesn't have to....but I'm trying to give her an opportunity to do the right thing here.
So you don't want people to disagree with you? I'm confused. I can't think of anything where someone may disagree with my opinion that I wouldn't want them to discuss their side of it. That's the whole point of discussion. I like to learn more about the other side of things, it helps broaden or maybe even change my viewpoint. I wouldn't mind what the other poster has been doing one single bit, especially if they were trying to help me learn something new, which is exactly what their posts seemed like to me.

Those studies are for influenza, and my educated guess is that the studies were to see whether or not a mask wearer contracted a virus (not weather or not the mask wearer SPREAD the virus).

We know that most masks don’t do a ton as far as preventing the wearer from getting Covid. What masks do is prevent large droplets of an infected person from entering the air. This, unfortunately, still seems to be a common misconception. My mask protects you and your mask protects me.

This thing has not spread like wildfire through schools like the flu has in the past. We all know kids (especially little ones) are germ vectors. If masks didn’t work, there would be a lot more kids getting this thing at school.
And hospitals.

The logistical issues need to be resolved. First I need the border to be open to non essential travel. Then a lifting of the quarantine requirements as I don't have enough vacation to do that. If health plans would cover if you get sick with Covid while away, that would be beneficial as well. Then the "other" factors come into play like the infection rate, vaccines etc.

I just miss Disney and can't wait to get back. I have a trip booked for October but don't know if that will happen.

You have the talking points down. I’ll give you that.

What about the schools that don’t require masks? Why isn’t there more kids getting it at those schools?

Can you attach a study that’s been done at a school that doesn’t require masks? I’m not aware of schools that don’t require masks - there aren’t any in my area.

Please, I politely ask you do not keep questioning my agenda about masks that's been well and truly informed by the agendas of radio hosts who's agenda I'm gleefully sharing on the internet just like said radio hosts want me to do. Thank you and have a great rest of your evening!

I'm heading to Florida in June to use our DVC points and we will be staying at The Boardwalk. My wife is already having second thoughts though so we shall see. I've had the vaccine but her and my children have not done so as of yet. The leader of Florida has an agenda and we are not able to ask how many folks have passed away or even have the virus in Florida so she is rightly worried about this lack of knowledge. She also is not a fan of this leader of said state arresting scientists who try to spread certain truths about previously mentioned numbers. She is rightly frightened by this.

Vaccines and significantly decreased case loads.

I don't care about limitations: closed attractions, limited entertainment, whatever. I just want to be in my happy place again in any (safe) capacity. I'll sit on my balcony at AKL and drink coffee and be happy.

Crossing my fingers for June!!

Please, I politely ask you do not keep questioning my agenda about masks that's been well and truly informed by the agendas of radio hosts who's agenda I'm gleefully sharing on the internet just like said radio hosts want me to do. Thank you and have a great rest of your evening!

I'm heading to Florida in June to use our DVC points and we will be staying at The Boardwalk. My wife is already having second thoughts though so we shall see. I've had the vaccine but her and my children have not done so as of yet. The leader of Florida has an agenda and we are not able to ask how many folks have passed away or even have the virus in Florida so she is rightly worried about this lack of knowledge. She also is not a fan of this leader of said state arresting scientists who try to spread certain truths about previously mentioned numbers. She is rightly frightened by this.
Easy on the Rebekah Jones rhetoric. Read this before you queue up conspiracy theories.

https://humanevents.com/2021/02/02/the-florida-covid-19-whistleblower-saga-is-a-big-lie/

Can you attach a study that’s been done at a school that doesn’t require masks? I’m not aware of schools that don’t require masks - there aren’t any in my area.
Um, literally most of the world. Florida, Georgia, Texas, Arizona.

So you don't want people to disagree with you? I'm confused. I can't think of anything where someone may disagree with my opinion that I wouldn't want them to discuss their side of it. That's the whole point of discussion. I like to learn more about the other side of things, it helps broaden or maybe even change my viewpoint. I wouldn't mind what the other poster has been doing one single bit, especially if they were trying to help me learn something new, which is exactly what their posts seemed like to me.

We're going to disagree on the intent of the other user's post. I didn't see it that way and I did not agree with what the user was doing while quoting my replies. Listen, this has died down....why don't you remove your nose from the situation and let it continue to defuse. please?

the Events of the Human article seems to lean in a very nationally minded manner if you know what I mean. It feels as though it's articles are like those of the radio hosts I posted about in my post that is above the last three. I'm not a massive fan of nationalism but we all should wave our flags in our own unique manner with or without a mask. Generally speaking I'm not proud of the boys(or girls) who wave their flags in that direction. my Fred Perry shirts are also of a different color then black and yellow. Back to top though, I'm really hoping my June trip goes down as planned and I get to head to Florida to feel what true freedom feels like. I do enjoy the 50 degree temps I've been seeing down in the region as of late. Florida with chill is a dream of mine. Good day mask wearers and those that choose not to wear, may our views come together sometime quite soon. Much love to all of you.

Oh and Florida, Georgia, Texas, Arizona=most of the world? Whawhonow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter