To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

I didn't see this mentioned yet... but I did notice a lot of people mention buying water....

WATER IS FREE!!

Bring an empty bottle and head over to a place that serves fountain soda (not bottles). Request Tap Water and you'll get a nice cold cup of water with ice. I pour in into my bottle and then get a refill later in the day when it gets warm (or I finish it).

Free and cold water all day long.

Universal charges... so this doesn't work there.

Never assume a line is "too long" until you ask the greeter CM or look at the ride board. Many rides/shows hold a bajillion people at once. I used to have a lot of people walk away from my attraction because the line was "too long" even though I knew it was only 15 minutes. (Which reminds me--the estimate the CM will give you is almost always high.)

We've always found this to be true for rides but the projected wait time told to us by a CM def. wasn't correct. We got in line for Tinkerbell and asked if the wait time (of 60 min.) was accurate. The CM said it would probably be more like 45 minutes. We ended up waiting almost two hours.

Not a CM or former, just read a lot. The Great Movie Ride at DS, there are 2 lines. One is against the back wall, the other starts 1 lane in from the back wall. The storyline is a little different depending on which line you get in. Try it 2 times in a row or 2 times during your trip and get a different set up. I don't know if both themes are available all the time, but I have been on both and it is interesting seeing it both ways.

I've never seen the other version because it doesn't run during off season. I've always gotten the gangster one regardless of the line I'm in.

How do you share your TS meals. If you have 5 on your plan is that not all they allow you to use in one sitting?:confused3

Actually I believe you can use your DDP credits any way you wish - you're not restricted to a certain number per day or at a sitting based on the # in your party. They're tracked according to the total number of credits you have for your package (QS, TS and snacks). So if you wanted to, you could order 4 dinners for 2 people.

We had a ton of QS meals left a couple of years ago and 'bought' 5 friends that were with us lunch. Last time we were on the DDP, DH and I would sometimes order an extra QS meal - typically a salad-type meal to share. Towards the end of the trip we ordered extra sandwiches "to go" to pack for the trip home.

Does anyone know if we can use the rewards card in the machine at Pecos?

I agree with the Fastpass...."giveaways".....On our last trip - We always had extra fastpasses (kids too short, etc...) and I always looked for a a group/family with the same amount of people as the fastpasses I had left, and I would ask if they wanted them.....I would get just as excited seeing their expressions as riding the ride!
pixiedust::tinker:

I just hope someone(s) return the favor this trip...:goodvibes

JUST to GIVE them away! Before we get on a ride we get a FastPass for later... and then we look for a family who walks up and sees the line and is ready to turn around and give them the passes! They are usually ecstatic, but sometimes they just look at us like we are Crazy!

Love the water idea!! Never knew that! Thanks to everyone sharing all these great tips!!

Set your budget
. . . then, double it
. . . then divide by three
. . . then, multiply by six
. . . then add three
. . . then throw away the budget

:lmao: Sounds like my DH. Whenever we go on a trip I try to plan a budget and be frugal because my DH is always complaining about the money. Once we get to our destination, he's usually the one that is more willing to spend money. :confused3 :rolleyes::rotfl:

Love this thread! We gave away some FP's our last trip that we weren't going to use and the look on the couple's face was priceless (after they realized we weren't a couple of wackos)!! It made us feel good too to be able to do that. Making a goal to spread some more dust this trip. I think CM's have the best job ever - they get to spread fairy dust and & be paid for it:thumbsup2

except that it didn't need to be stated. for those CM's not wishing to be 'outed', they don't have to identify themselves as CM's. the OP's question was for tips from CM's not "calling out all CM's, identify yourselves"
right on brotha, unsolicited advise, nobody asked for it.

I'm a former CM, does that count? If so, the only tip I have for people is to not go expecting a perfect trip, because if your expectations are too high you're not going to have fun. Disney has it tough. They put themselves in a situation where 200% perfect service is expected and not everything can go right. I have seen many guests breakdown for things as simple as a food stand running out of ketchup or the lines being shut down for characters.

Wait, I have another tip. If you're buying ice cream of some sort at a multiple line stand (such as Ahola to get Dole Whips), step back for a second and watch the different people get served. Go in the line where the CM is serving the ice cream that is the biggest.

LOVE the ice cream tip!!!! You ROCK:cool1::cool1:

I didn't see this mentioned yet... but I did notice a lot of people mention buying water....

WATER IS FREE!!

Bring an empty bottle and head over to a place that serves fountain soda (not bottles). Request Tap Water and you'll get a nice cold cup of water with ice. I pour in into my bottle and then get a refill later in the day when it gets warm (or I finish it).

Free and cold water all day long.

Universal charges... so this doesn't work there.

unless you are like our family. we are water snobs and can't stand tap water:snooty:. since my wife got me on bottled spring water, tap water or fountain drinks taste aweful to me.

Set your budget
. . . then, double it
. . . then divide by three
. . . then, multiply by six
. . . then add three
. . . then throw away the budget[/QUOTE]

:rotfl2:

Here's my best tip. If you have some sort of problem and you need us to help you, just be honest. Don't come up to me and make up some big long story about how your plane is leaving in an hour and you need a fastpass for right now even though we don't have any left. Just tell me what's going on and I will do my best to help you. I can't promise that you will always get exactly what you want, but I can promise that we are people too, and we understand that sometimes things happen beyond your control, and you need help.

Also, a tip specific to SM:

The tracks on Space Mountain are THE SAME. They are mirror images of each other. The ONLY difference is that 'A' side (on the left as you walk in) is 10 ft longer because the tracks cross one another. One does not go faster, and one does not have more drops, or anything else along those lines. I know it seems like it isn't true, I didn't believe it at first either, but I can promise you, it is true.

SO, if you are in line for Space, and we ask you to use the other side, don't be offended, you're not missing anything!!!

Thank you :)

Anyway, as far as lines go, don't automatically go to the left! Check which line everyone is going into and chose the opposite one! Many times people just follow the people in front of them. On POTC, everyone was going to the left as they were chosing lines, I went to the right, walked on and noticed the other side was waiting! And listen to the CMs! At Space Mountain everyone was following those in front of them, to the left, the CM said, if you go to the right, there's no wait. Sure enough, we went to the right and walked on! Pay attention! Don't be a sheep!

With turnstiles, if you go to the far left or right, there tend to be shorter lines to enter, people won't go further than they have to. Many times the "castmember and guest entrance" has a very short wait.

YES! Always look at the line first. I have seen many people automatically go right and just as many going left leaving the middle lines much shorter. I always look first before I queue up. :thumbsup2

Honestly, this may sound like common sense, but if you are polite and pleasant, we can do so much for you. Of course this works the opposite way as well.... :goodvibes

A little pleasantness goes a loonnggg way. Makes everyone's day a lot more pleasant! :)

Not a CM but go to WDW way too often. I agree that you have to take the time to look before you leap. Watch where the people are going and go to the opposite. Look at the security line, the turnstile line, the CS line and find the opening. There is an entrance to every park for CM's and also for the guests to enter. All the way left at Epcot. It usually doesn't have a line at all.

Finally, be polite. Even when people are being rude just smile. You can only control your reaction, not what others do. Try to do something nice for someone else.

:thumbsup2 ::yes::

WATER IS FREE!!

Not only that, but there are drinking fountains ALL OVER THE PARKS. That water is really free and there are usually no lines at all for it. I don;t carry a bottle or anything with me now, I just head for the drinking fountains. :)

And my tip would be to strike up conversations in lines, bus stops, or where ever you might happen to be. You can meet some really fascinating people that way! I have met a woman from Amsterdam, a family from Belfast, A fellow whose a Big League baseball mascot, and many others who all have interesting stories to tell. :goodvibes

Not a CM but a disneyfreak who has been a lot of times

I have three tips

1) Try not to make money an issue. I know this is hard for some people but disney is expensive and you dont get to go there all the time. Your on vacation so its ok to treat yourself for a week. Its the reality of going to disney.

2) RELAX. If you plan out every minute of you day something is bound to get messed up and then it'll ruin your whole day. Disney is a place where things aren't going to go as planned because of crowds. You also have to remember a park day can be exhausting so dont plan late nights after a day in the park.

3) Remember disney is so much more then just parks. If you have time make sure to take in the resorts, DTD, and the recreational activites.

I'm a former CM, does that count? If so, the only tip I have for people is to not go expecting a perfect trip, because if your expectations are too high you're not going to have fun. Disney has it tough. They put themselves in a situation where 200% perfect service is expected and not everything can go right. I have seen many guests breakdown for things as simple as a food stand running out of ketchup or the lines being shut down for characters.

Wait, I have another tip. If you're buying ice cream of some sort at a multiple line stand (such as Ahola to get Dole Whips), step back for a second and watch the different people get served. Go in the line where the CM is serving the ice cream that is the biggest.

OK, for that tip. you deserve an award or something!!!
:yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::banana::banana::banana:
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

I just have one very silly question about a post I've seen here 3 or 4 times and was never fully explained - hope you can help. My silly question is: WHAT THE HECK IS A BUDGET?????:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter